Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rebuilt a Jamis Dragon. Rebuilt RS Sid fork. All new Shimano XT 8 speed. I forgot how awesome that og Shimano stuff was... Avid brakes and Mavic King wheels. 8 speed worked so well....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I do not enjoy false poops. Ya know, when it feels like you're about to have the poop-of-the-week, but when you get to the toilet all that comes out is air.

What a let down.

Same thing with a sneeze that never materializes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I for one want to know where all those teeth go? And the Children? Where do they play? If we can figure out how to tap into the tooth exchange network Westy would be a millionaire....

Embed them into baseball bats. That way when you have to teach someone a lesson the authorities think they were taken down by a pack of wild gradeschoolers.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sonys answer to make Sound Forge work. Uninstall all the windows and adobe flash updates until it works again? Or buy the new version that loses all the features you got used to using in version 10 that are not supported in version 11.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sonys answer to make Sound Forge work. Uninstall all the windows and adobe flash updates until it works again? Or buy the new version that loses all the features you got used to using in version 10 that are not supported in version 11.

I am surprised you don't have to run it on special Sony hardware.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am surprised you don't have to run it on special Sony hardware.
You do. A version comes with integration software for their mixer, amp, DA, and the mic drivers.. They fucking make you update the old version to the new version which requires a new Key.

// All sizes in inches, multiply by 25.4 for mm.
guardX = 4;
guardY = 2;
guardZ = 0.2;
knobWidth = 0.5;
knobDepth = 1.375;
knobToKnobX = 2 + 15/16;
ctrCutoutX = 1.75;
ctrCutoutY = knobDepth;

module lineup(count, space) {
for (i = [0:count - 1])
translate([space*i, 0, 0]) children(0);
}

linear_extrude(height = guardZ){
difference(){
// Base rectangle
square(size = [guardX, guardY], center = false);

// Minus two slots for knobs.
lineup(2, knobToKnobX){
//Minus
translate([(guardX - (knobToKnobX + knobWidth))/2, (guardY - knobDepth)/2])
square(size = [knobWidth, knobDepth], center = false);
}

// Minus center cutout to save material
translate([(guardX - ctrCutoutX)/2, (guardY - ctrCutoutY)/2])
square(size = [ctrCutoutX, ctrCutoutY]);
}
}

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
// All sizes in inches, multiply by 25.4 for mm.
guardX = 4;
guardY = 2;
guardZ = 0.2;
knobWidth = 0.5;
knobDepth = 1.375;
knobToKnobX = 2 + 15/16;
ctrCutoutX = 1.75;
ctrCutoutY = knobDepth;

module lineup(count, space) {
for (i = [0:count - 1])
translate([space*i, 0, 0]) children(0);
}

linear_extrude(height = guardZ){
difference(){
// Base rectangle
square(size = [guardX, guardY], center = false);

// Minus two slots for knobs.
lineup(2, knobToKnobX){
//Minus
translate([(guardX - (knobToKnobX + knobWidth))/2, (guardY - knobDepth)/2])
square(size = [knobWidth, knobDepth], center = false);
}

// Minus center cutout to save material
translate([(guardX - ctrCutoutX)/2, (guardY - ctrCutoutY)/2])
square(size = [ctrCutoutX, ctrCutoutY]);
}
}
I didn't know you had kids :confused:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Holding the throttle wide open while pulling the starting cord is a great, if not incredibly dangerous, way to clear a flooded chainsaw. Chain brake highly recommended.

Homer B. Hulbert (1863-1949) was an American missionary, journalist, & political activist who advocated for Korean independence.

He was born in New Haven, Vermont in 1863 to Mary Hulbert who was a granddaughter of Mary Wheelock (daughter of Eleazar Wheelock - Dartmouth College founder). He originally went to Korea in 1886 with two other instructors to teach English at the Royal English School.

After the Japanese annexation began, he resigned his position as a teacher to become an emissary of the Korean King to protest Japan's actions to the United States in 1905 and 1906 and to the Hague in 1906 and 1907. His 1906 book, The Passing of Korea, criticized Japanese rule. He was not so much theoretically opposed to colonialism as he was concerned that modernization under the secular Japanese was inferior to a Christian-inspired modernization. He was expelled by the Japanese governor-general of Korea on May 8, 1907. He was reported to have been a close personal friend of Emperor Kojong.

One of his young middle school students just after the turn of the century was the first President of Korea, Syngman Rhee, who invited him back to Korea in 1948. It was on this trip that Hulbert developed pneumonia and died. Hulbert's tombstone reads “I would rather be buried in Korea than in Westminster Abbey.” He is interred at Yanghwajin Foreigners' Cemetery in Seoul. He was the recipient of the Order of Merit for National Foundation by the Korean Government (reference wikipedia.org).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Homer B. Hulbert (1863-1949) was an American missionary, journalist, & political activist who advocated for Korean independence.

He was born in New Haven, Vermont in 1863 to Mary Hulbert who was a granddaughter of Mary Wheelock (daughter of Eleazar Wheelock - Dartmouth College founder). He originally went to Korea in 1886 with two other instructors to teach English at the Royal English School.

After the Japanese annexation began, he resigned his position as a teacher to become an emissary of the Korean King to protest Japan's actions to the United States in 1905 and 1906 and to the Hague in 1906 and 1907. His 1906 book, The Passing of Korea, criticized Japanese rule. He was not so much theoretically opposed to colonialism as he was concerned that modernization under the secular Japanese was inferior to a Christian-inspired modernization. He was expelled by the Japanese governor-general of Korea on May 8, 1907. He was reported to have been a close personal friend of Emperor Kojong.

One of his young middle school students just after the turn of the century was the first President of Korea, Syngman Rhee, who invited him back to Korea in 1948. It was on this trip that Hulbert developed pneumonia and died. Hulbert's tombstone reads “I would rather be buried in Korea than in Westminster Abbey.” He is interred at Yanghwajin Foreigners' Cemetery in Seoul. He was the recipient of the Order of Merit for National Foundation by the Korean Government (reference wikipedia.org).
Very cool. There was a bronze plaque in the Hall of Nations in the Carnegie Library in Syracuse that elaborates on this. The hall of Nations has been decommissioned by Onondaga County. It is now a Charter School.

Eric Rista, Triumph (Bonneville?)

Doug Strange, Yamaha YDS3

Jimmy Hart, Puch 250 SGS, Zundapp (KS601?)

Jim Hosking, Sportster

John Peters, 196(?4) BSA B40 350, 1965 Matchless G15-CS

Route 17 southbound, riding in a gaggle, cops manage to stop three of the five of us. The B40 came with crash bars. The G-15 came with a luggage rack. Don’t know if Strange the wanna-be thug or Rista was the first, but Strange led to Patty and Dick Greenhouse and maybe Hank Klause, Eric led to the East Village and Jim Hosking and his crew. Dick G. t-boned a car with the B40 in (Hackensack?) while I was fucking Patty, which led to the G15-CS. I paid cash for both motorcycles, $800- for the Matchless.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I like how Eau Claire Wi sits on the map. It is a nice place even if it is a long drive from Chicago. Go to Mona Lisas for dinner. Get whatever the special is.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I like how Eau Claire Wi sits on the map. It is a nice place even if it is a long drive from Chicago. Go to Mona Lisas for dinner. Get whatever the special is.
I still own property about 3 hours E/NE off there. Amazing forest, many lakes & streams... haven't been in years.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I still own property about 3 hours E/NE off there. Amazing forest, many lakes & streams... haven't been in years.
Fishing for Walleye off the Rocks. So many fish you can spear them. Fishing with a net. Eating Wallyeye.... Tubing in the Rivers. Water everywhere. Rocks just laying on the ground everywhere. Brats boiled in beer then finished on the open fire. Insane Mosquito's....