Quantcast

the random thought thread

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
All of the countries in South America should stop paying the "debt" imposed on them by other countries. It's a product of centuries of exploitation.
Yeah, a lot of that comes from our own people, who profits from spureous debt/loans commissions.

The current asshole in chief just shut down the CONICET (the local equivalent of US' National Academy of Sciences) and bought 12 obsolete F16 fighters from Denmark, so the Danish could buy new F35s. A 680 million dollars deal, which equals three and a half years of CONICET's budget.

EDIT: we currently don't have any possible conflicts involving air superiority fighters, so this was mostly a deal to align with the US military complex and steer away from BRICS. Same thing happened the last time the right won the presidency, we bought four patrol ships so obsolete they never saw the water, had to be transported from Israel on a cargo ship and went straight into repairs. It all comes together when you learn the current (and past) minister of defense's spouse is an arms dealer.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Wtf is with architects these days? It's like they are determined to cram as many roofs and different pitches and dormers and protrusions into a house as possible.

1000004823.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Damn shitty sleep, can't remember my online banking details.
Maybe tomorrow.
EDIT- Turns out I'm still poor, damn.

I saw a Guy wearing a Green Day American Idiot shirt today, I was wondering if he'd also have an Offspring Americana shirt.
Surely that album wasn't worth making a printed tee for?!

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Interesting cover art for a book about cottages and bungalows. Clock gears?

I too would be curious to see the floor plans.
actually my copy is different than that.....paperback....plain white cover with red and blue text....should be here next week...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Everytime I find that site again I can't help but spend an hour going through all the new material. It truly is amazing what kind of atrocious, big for the sake of space "luxury" designs are out there.

Give me 1,400 well designed sqft and I'd be happy. So long as it comes with a 30'x60' shop that is.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Everytime I find that site again I can't help but spend an hour going through all the new material. It truly is amazing what kind of atrocious, big for the sake of space "luxury" designs are out there.

Give me 1,400 well designed sqft and I'd be happy. So long as it comes with a 30'x60' shop that is.
1400 sq feet seems awfully decadent... although for 3 I suppose it's pretty reasonable.

This was our 1st house:

1300 sq feet - was really pretty good for 4. With a 5th we decided 2K might make more sense... but, of course, in hindsight we should have just stayed. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This "new" interface for creating flows in Power Automate seems overly complicated for no reason. I'm sure it'll get better or I can just get co-pilot to create the crap for me...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Aren't you in the IT realm in some capacity?
Yup, clould engineer/SRE champion/senior SysAdmin. Changed jobs over the proposal of working under a full DevOps paradigm (my old assignment was a mixture of DevOps/waterfall) and landed in a position with lots of toil, micromanaging and lack of general vision from the management.

I was tired of leadership (previously managed a 15-resource team over 4 different timezones) and wanted to just follow the rules and be happy. After 6 months I'm tired of questioning the current processes, the verticality of my far east coworkers, and their lack of innovative thinking.

I'll see if I can migrate to a different team, the company is awesome, but this position really sucks.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
and lack of general vision from the management.
I guess I have the opposite idea. Senior leadership has these generalized ideas and concepts and are making changes for it to happen.

But they're waiting at the finish line while everyone else is still in the warm up zone. And because things are spread across continents now, it's taking ages to get anything done. So now I'm taking the reigns locally, to bridge those gaps. Man it's annoying.

We have a process which is supposed to speed up and streamline IT related requests from the different businesses. But that exact process is actually slowing things down and adding unnecessary bureaucracy and shit. I brought this up and got shut down. Oh well. I just don't participate in that anymore. :rofl: :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
TIL; what a puncheon log is.

And that this place in Quebec, has its "roads" made entirely of wooden planks. And only ATV traffic is allowed.