Quantcast

the random thought thread

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
no worries
i love the topic. what's not to be interesting & fascinating about people who hear demons & lose their shcyt at inopportune times? nothing makes you appreciate people with anxiety issues than being a child who's constantly fretting about "wtf is going to do *this* time?" whenever you go out in public.

could have been a worse childhood.
i could have been catholic.
combine such traumas with being Catholic... and having a father who works in the church :shudder: it's good to be 30 and have my own family now...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
What's worse?:

Using a porta potty for #2 and enduring the smell, or:
Mouth breathing for duration of "the business", then when you're all done, realising that you can taste what you were avoiding smelling in the first place

This should have been a poll...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
They took out one of the normal vending machines in the lunchroom at work and put in a new vending machine with "healthy" options like veggies w/ dip and baked chips.

I give it a week before the fat people revolt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i can say the first time I listened to the who "quadrophenia" in its entirety was played live in concert.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got it, who doesn't like disco lights ? Probably mesmerizes the deer just long enough to get away before being mauled. But aren't you concerned that your sack will smack the underside of your saddle on steep drops. Already had that happen once this year, so maybe I should pass this time. Thanks anyway.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When I was 15/16 I was in Foster Care. I lived in 4 different homes until I landed in Ma's House on Sanders Rd in Buffalo NY. Ma and Pa took good care of me but Pa was real tough on me. I always kept in touch with Ma but Pa and me had a tenuous relationship... Pa or papa died today. Fritz or Pa was a boxer and had a mean left hook. He was famous for it. He drove us hundreds of miles to every Hockey Tournament in the Northeast and southern Ontario he could sign us up and pay for. Ma made sure of it. Pa is survived by 14 of us. He taught me how to fish in fast water and what plum was. Bless him...

When I was 15/16 I was in Foster Care. I lived in 4 different homes until I landed in Ma's House on Sanders Rd in Buffalo NY. Ma and Pa took good care of me but Pa was real tough on me. I always kept in touch with Ma but Pa and me had a tenuous relationship... Pa or papa died today. Fritz or Pa was a boxer and had a mean left hook. He was famous for it. He drove us hundreds of miles to every Hockey Tournament in the Northeast and southern Ontario he could sign us up and pay for. Ma made sure of it. Pa is survived by 14 of us. He taught me how to fish in fast water and what plum was. Bless him...
With ya, Jim.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I bought some spicy Dill, and Cajun bread and butter Pickles at the Public Market. I bought some Giardiniera too. But its the kind you put on a hotdog instead of the salad type.

I only look pregnant.