Quantcast

the random thought thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
jim rose is staying 2 doors down from me this week (scottsdale hyatt)

his "most interesting show" tour bus is outside. met him back in '96. he was cool then; probably still cool now.

maybe i should go bang on his door w/ a toaster hanging from my junk (plugged in, of course)

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
ok, here's mine i thought of today..... what exactly happens when your at a wedding and the priest, rabbi, minister, JP says the part if anyone thinks these 2 shouldn't be married speak now or hold your peace and someone says that they feel they shouldnt be married for whatever reason they may blurt out. does the wedding end, get postponed, continues??? WTF happens!!!!
from ask yahoo:

"...It depends. If the bride or groom objects, the wedding is most likely off. Anyone else and, barring documented proof that the marriage is illegal, a drunken brawl is a more likely outcome. New York State Judge Douglas McKeon says he has never seen anyone object to a wedding and "unless (the) person who's getting married is married to the individual who has the objection, then that wedding is going to go ahead." Likewise, in the U.K. a wedding will not be stopped for an objection unless there's a legal reason.

The tradition of inviting such protests appears to be a symbolic remnant of the Catholic Church's marriage "banns," dating back hundreds of years and still practiced today by some churches. Banns are published announcements of forthcoming marriages, usually issued three weeks in advance. The Church officially established banns to reveal marriages potentially unknown to the couple's parents, and to ensure that the bride and groom were not closely related.

Today, many ceremonies omit "speak now or forever hold your peace." Modern practices such as obtaining a marriage license have rendered the question obsolete...."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
went to bird dog bbq for lunch (outside of memphis & k.c., this is the best bbq i've had) & the queue was to the door (~10 min wait - uncool!), and this chick cuts in front of me to join her friend. i was fixin' to throw down & realized it was jeanne assam

it wouldn't have ended well. and with the perfect last meal just minutes out of reach.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I have a splitting headache I believe is caused by waking up repeated all night last night due to awesome dreams of getting out and riding my new dirt jumper. Then I would realize it gets dark before I get off work, and I won't be able to ride until this weekend... Then I get bummed, fall asleep...

...and 20 minutes later the cycle starts again. :(

...From 10pm until 6:45am this morning.

Random thought: Lack of daylight during winter SUCKS.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i swear to god if i have to hear the trailer for "i love you man" one more time i am going to snap. my roommate has been watching the office for the past 2.5 hours online and every time it breaks for commercial that fvcking trailer comes on.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
When you ask someone for their opinion, especially if just making conversation, you should listen to their opinion, then use it to build on the conversation, not make an uneducated statement in an attempt to start a pointless argument.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
"what do you think of the rebel flag?" when answered truthfully can only result in either no, or an absolute, desire to respond violently

same goes with starbucks, 29ers, organic produce, local school re-districting, & bush

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I like starbucks, the 29" front wheel on my single speed and organic produce.

I also like the coffee at burger king. I know it's crap and I don't care.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
is there really a difference between a cabin & a lodge? if so, why don't all the online res sites agree on the definition?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
when deducting for charitable goods for federal taxes, a standard men's bathing suit will get you $3, but bikini briefs fetch $6.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm hungy and should make food. I need to clean vacuum the kitchen... I touched the pan making fried rice and flung rice everywhere.....

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
this was one of the possible answers for my online geology quiz:
Animal attack, whether by gopher or man, is termed spalling.
i'm not exactly sure what it has to do with geology...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
IDK but it can't be good. I take NO Explode before all my workouts and riding and it's LOADED with the B's and I'm sure it ain't good but man does it feel great.
I wouldn't be worried about HOW much, because your body will get rid of what it doesn't use, but you should be concerned about the QUALITY of all those cheap b12's

gonefirefightin

free wieners
my lesbian neighbors got me a really nice rolex for my birthday.......

but I think they misunderstood me when I said I wanna watch!

just heard that Apple have invented the i-Breast, fake boobs that play mp3. it's to stop women complaining that men stare at their breasts and don't listen

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the Booze I drank I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the Distillery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink that cocktail, they might be out of work and their... dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, ""It is better that I drink this shot and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my own dreams.