Quantcast

The Republican Deep State

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Carl Williams

July 18 ·

Thanks to Keith French for this reminder of an oft-forgotten coinkydink of history. I would like to suggest that we ALSO MUST NOT FORGET that it was Bill Barr who was George H. W. Bush’s Attorney General who pardoned the entire team of treason-committing criminals involved in the Iran-Contra scandal — in violation of US policy, the Reagan administration provided parts and weapons to Iran to help pay for the illegal war against Nicaragua.

As revealed in investigative reporter Gary Webb’s book, “Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Crack Cocaine Explosion,” Oliver North distributed the money through Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton’s Governor’s Small Business “Loan” Program and was used to set up machine shops all over Arkansas to manufacture M-16s and other weapons — without serial numbers so they couldn’t be traced back to the US. Those weapons were then flown out of the CIA’s airbase in Mena, Arkansas, and delivered to the Contras.

Those transport planes were then loaded with cocaine and returned to the US. It was one of those planes — a Fairchild C-123 twin-engine turbo-prop loaded with cocaine — that was shot down by Nicaragua, and the capture of the lone survivor, Eugene Hassenfus, that led to Newsweek investigative reporter Robert Parry’s breaking the Iran-Contra quagmire of an unconstitutional, secret war that the CIA/Reagan administration was paying for by committing what would normally be considered treasonous actions (secret dealings with an enemy without congressional knowledge); and despicable, unAmerican disregard for the health of American citizens by brazenly— and illegally— initiating the cocaine epidemic to finance the war that had been specifically prohibited when congress passed the Boland Amendment!

Ollie North’s records contained proof that he oversaw at least 14 shipments of cocaine into the US worth nearly a half-billion dollars. The cocaine would then be transported to LA’s Watts neighborhood, where it was given to the street gangs “Bloods” and “Crips” whose members fanned out across the US to sell the cocaine. The profits ALSO helped finance the illegal war against Nicaragua. Not so ironically, that “just coincidentally” the CIA’s illegal domestic operation paralleled America’s late-‘80s cocaine epidemic, for which my wife, a psychiatric nurse, said hospitals were inundated by the sudden, “mysterious” surge of overdose cases and addiction rates.

So, William Barr is obviously a primary player in our government’s always-ready team of official “fixers” who, like their mafia counterparts, swoop in to clean up crime scenes by removing bodies and any incriminating evidence —. Or in Bill Barr’s case, he polightly sweeps away all ties to the President or other high officials; arrests the minor level accomplices; and then oversees their pardons, reduced jail time and whatever else is necessary to allow the public forget anything unsavory or illegal ever happened.

Who decided where Jeffery Epstein was to be held waiting for trial? It was William Barr. Funny how Epstein’s jail just happened to be understaffed and had malfunctioning surveillance cameras. Hmmm, I hear Ghislaine Maxwell is being transferred to the same jail where Epstein was so carefully guarded.

But, I’m sure I’m just being overly skeptical about Barr’s coincidental role in high profile scandals that involve Presidents, the CIA and government skullduggery. LOL! NOT!

107949173_10218070244816636_8953502620564307823_n.jpg