Quantcast

The robots are coming...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
http://www.bostondynamics.com/content/sec.php?section=BigDog

A 4-legged robot that can handle all kinds of terrain, including ice... or getting straight-out kicked and not falling down. It looks alive - almost to the point of looking abusive when the guy boots it to demonstrate its capabilities.

Check out this YouTube clip of the capabilities of that thing:

Does anyone else want one? I could buy a 1200mm f/5.6 and the thing would be my own personal sherpa/tripod :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I get to play with robots like this on occasion. Not as human like but I got one to throw a 300lb engine block once.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The humans are dead..... The humans ARE dead.... we poisoned their a$$es with poisonous gasses......

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Pretty cool, that place is one town over from my hometown. I would love to be a ME at a place like that, seems like it would be really fun.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You must be so happy BV. You are probably the only person happy the Terminators are taking over...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Drones are on their way...

The Honeywell Micro Air Vehicle or 'Honeywell MAV' is seen during a flight test in this undated photograph taken at an undisclosed location. The MAV weighs 16 pounds when empty (dry) and 18 1/2 pounds when fully loaded with fuel (wet). It is 14 inches in diameter and 22 inches from the feet to the top of the MAV structure. Miami police could soon be the first in the United States to use cutting-edge, spy-in-the-sky technology to beef up their fight against crime.
(Honeywell/Handout/Reuters)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
A 4-legged robot that can handle all kinds of terrain, including ice... or getting straight-out kicked and not falling down. It looks alive - almost to the point of looking abusive when the guy boots it to demonstrate its capabilities.
Here's the latest footage of BigDog...it seems to be progressing well :brow:
Video Link

Here's a quick video of one of the robots my company built. I'm currently working on designing a new version of this vehicle.
Video Link

Which one is scarier?