Quantcast

The skinsuit thread

should skinsuits be banned from world cups?

• Total voters

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I don't see this thing as an identity crisis. I see the Pros that don't want to wear the skinsuit. They don't like it. It ends here.

That that some think that the skinsuit is such a big part of DH's identity, makes one think that you get nostalgic at the glory days of US DH?

Just teasing.. ;)
Hell yeah I miss the glory days b/c they were the glory days for me too- angry, in shape, fast, no wife or kids to care about if I get hurt. Every time I see a skin suit I get all warm and fuzzy inside! (You can take that statement any way you want:)

But I thought a bunch of pros wore them in worlds last year, or am I having a flashback??

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
We're men, we're men in tights
We roam around the forest looking for fights
We're men, We're men in tights
We rob from the rich and give to the poor, that's right
We may look like sissies
But watch what you say, or else we'll put out your lights
Always on guard defending the people's rights

We're men, manly men, we're men in tights Yeah!
We may look like pansies
But don't get us wrong, or else we'll put out your lights
We're men, we're men in tights, tight tights
When you're in a fix, call for the men in tights
We're Butch!!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
The same goes for DH/Roadracing, I think. It´s VERY different. Skinsuit has a minimal effect on endurance in DH, but is a HUGE advantage in roadracing. DH is won when a rider nails all corners and smoothes out the rough sections. This is very important I think, to put the energy in the right direction. Skinsuits have nothing to do with this. Of coarse it´s more aerodynamic, everybody knows that. It´s just a very, very uncreative way of looking at our sport.
I like youre responces, your not trying to tell me, that is I decide to wear Skinsuit I am commiting an act of homosexuality. Thats why I am coming down on Rockwool, everything he keeps saying is that the skinsuit has NOTHING to do with DH, everything to do with being a queer. And he just cant seem to handle the fat that he is wrong and a Homophobe.

Here is two instances I feel a skinsuit would be benefical. One, of coarse, super windy coarses, thats a given as to why. Two, what about long, HOT HOT coarses. Imagine being able to shed your body heat, and having even more energy near the end of the run to keep stompingout more power, shaving more time off your run..... More energy, more power.

Just to clarify for everyone, I am not trying to battle that a skinsuit is a huge aerodynamic advantage, I am just hitting back everytime Someone responds with"Its just gay, there is no other way to see it"... They are too insecure with there own sexuality to deal with someone else curves.....

Oh by the way, follow Peatie, youll see the skin suits comeout of the closet when there needed....

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Coming from lycra, I was positively surprised by the airflow in motostyle clothes (f.i. royal, troy lee). So, I never felt the need to go back, even on very hot dyas. But, again that is of coarse individual, and a probebly a good argument for using lycra.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Hell yeah I miss the glory days b/c they were the glory days for me too- angry, in shape, fast, no wife or kids to care about if I get hurt. Every time I see a skin suit I get all warm and fuzzy inside! (You can take that statement any way you want:)
You just got an itch going within me. :cupidarrow:

I like youre responces, your not trying to tell me, that is I decide to wear Skinsuit I am commiting an act of homosexuality. Thats why I am coming down on Rockwool, everything he keeps saying is that the skinsuit has NOTHING to do with DH, everything to do with being a queer. And he just cant seem to handle the fat that he is wrong and a Homophobe.

Here is two instances I feel a skinsuit would be benefical. One, of coarse, super windy coarses, thats a given as to why. Two, what about long, HOT HOT coarses. Imagine being able to shed your body heat, and having even more energy near the end of the run to keep stompingout more power, shaving more time off your run..... More energy, more power.

Just to clarify for everyone, I am not trying to battle that a skinsuit is a huge aerodynamic advantage, I am just hitting back everytime Someone responds with"Its just gay, there is no other way to see it"... They are too insecure with there own sexuality to deal with someone else curves.....
Are you trying to tell people around you something? You wear skinsuits and go by the name of DirtyMike. Are you hoping to become the 6th Village People member?

Why don't you just come out with it? All that anger inside you..

Oh by the way, follow Peatie, youll see the skin suits comeout of the closet when there needed....
But I thought a bunch of pros wore them in worlds last year, or am I having a flashback??
Monkeys please, I personally have adressed THAT issue several times in this thread (and probably others with me) and that's why I've been shouting FORCE so many times. Come on, you've read the whole thread, haven't you?

The skinsuit was indeed needed at Ft Bill. Still...

:rofl:

I wish, instead they are all about the type of brakes you use, ensuring that your frame has two triangles, and how much your bike weighs :disgust1:
Nah, you don't know them like I know them, they're really hearty inside.

We may look like sissies

We may look like pansies
We're Butch!!
Well aren't you the typical US American mocking us guerillas in every way you can. So now we're gay terrorist, huh?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Well aren't you the typical US American mocking us guerillas in every way you can. So now we're gay terrorist, huh?
Eh....it's a mel brooks movie? You know, supposed to be funny?

So much for trying to lighten the mood. Some panties you just can't un-bunch.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
For those worried about Fox and other moto clothing makers leaving I do not see that happening. The skinsuits would be for race run and practice only. Just out riding for the weekend riders would use the moto gear. I would never wear a skinsuit while just out riding for the weekend. The skinsuits would be for putting on the game face and going for it against the clock.

Rockwool, you have done nothing but prove you are a stoned homophobe in this thread. You have had no valid arguments(nobody said skinsuits would be forced on riders) and lost any respect. Here is a bag of Doritos go away.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
For those worried about Fox and other moto clothing makers leaving I do not see that happening. The skinsuits would be for race run and practice only. Just out riding for the weekend riders would use the moto gear. I would never wear a skinsuit while just out riding for the weekend. The skinsuits would be for putting on the game face and going for it against the clock.
Most companies that make moto style gear also make lycra stuff, Fox included. Their sponsored riders would be wearing their gear no matter what

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
We may look like sissies

We may look like pansies
We're Butch!!
Brilliant movie.:D

This thread has some comedy gold in it, and some good old ignorant moronic bashing of anyone who disagrees with you, excellent entertainment!:beerjam:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Very well put, Rep given

Rockwool, you have done nothing but prove you are a stoned homophobe in this thread. You have had no valid arguments(nobody said skinsuits would be forced on riders) and lost any respect. Here is a bag of Doritos go away.

Very true statament. Would rep this one, but I must spread rep first!!!

Most companies that make moto style gear also make lycra stuff, Fox included. Their sponsored riders would be wearing their gear no matter what