Quantcast

the stretch marks and you.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i´ve been working out for about 8 months now. never had stretch marks.

one little mark popped on my right shoulder. whatever i thought.
now there are 2 2in lines running from my armpits into my chest. they look like they are going to turn into stretch marks.
they are not quite there yet, but i can see a line in a different skin tone across.

how y´all deal with them?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
be honest, your beer gut is starting to show signs of reaching maximum density! Now you are concerned about all the stretch marks on it? Do what prego ladies do, and spread some cocoa butter or shea butter on it if you really care! I would think if I got stretch marks from working out, I would be excited!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
You must be getting HUGE if you've got stretch marks from muscle growth. Be honest....you 'roiding?
nope. dont think they are muscle growth. just plain skin stretching from doing sets thru full range of motion i guess.

also its a bit of a race thing, ¡ am tanned-hispanic. and hispanics tend to get stretch marks quite easily.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
I got stretch marks in high school from a mix of a quick growth spurt and working out for Rugby. I got huge and some just came out on my arms out of no where. I hear the cocabutter thing but I couldnt care less. If I was a fatty and had them then it would bother me, but I got them from growing pipes so in a way I'm proud.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
If you really want to avoid stretch marks, and you're planning on continuing to bulk up, there are a variety of products made for pregnant women that might help. There are specific stretch mark lotions but I've also heard that cocoa butter lotion with vitamin E may work as well. Lotion up a couple times a day and that should help your skin be more pliable and stetch more before developing the marks. None of them are miracle creams, sometimes they work sometimes they don't, probably just depends on the person. Hope this helps.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Vitamin E oil. You get it at health food stores.

"It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again..."

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
how y´all deal with them?
I just let them be. I have them from the bottom of my inner biceps to within about 1" of my nipples. Probably about 3 or 4 good ones on each shoulder and numerous smaller ones. I didnt actually notice them at all until one ripped open and started to bleed in the gym one day. I dunno, unless you're going to be a "bodybuilder" I don't see why it matters?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I don't understand...do you get stretch marks cuz you bulked up and then slimmed down? or are they a byproduct of bulking up?
from those two, usually from bulking up.

or just doing certain exercises that stretch the skin so much, it tears a little bit.
i talked to the trainer, and they told me to take some E vitamin pills, and to replace the dumbell press and incline press (since they told me to do them thru the whole range of motion), for a regular chest press and incline chest press. we´ll see how it fares.