Quantcast

The #toshi2020 platform

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I nominate myself for exactly no cabinet positions. Unless you think one would fit and I could totally make that happen... Maybe education..

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
As a front runner for Department of Toiletries I think there should be minimim standards of absorption for toilet paper provided in public restrooms. Your ass is America's ass, treat it well. :thumb:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i want to be in charge of the department of "mountain bikes wherever the fuck they want and horses gtfo and proceed directly to the glue factory," plz.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I am mostly supportive of Toshi’s platform; Especially ‘get rid of fossil fuel subsidies’, but I am surprised that you don’t go for free education and healthcare. Once you’ve ditched much of the military spending you’ll be able to afford it. Maybe take a look at the Danish model for this stuff, pretty great.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
serious q from non european here.
why would you want to leave the EU?

In my book, its pretty awesome... and much better than being out of it.
Oh I don’t want to leave, I just want those two countries severely sanctioned. The EU is proving pretty toothless in that regard since one always votes against sanctioning the other.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
what are the odds of Trump winning the next election?
As much as I despise Trump, I have to admit he is an extraordinaire candidate. He has almost-fanatical followers...
Cant say that for Biden, or even Obama at his peak...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
what are the odds of Trump winning the next election?
As much as I despise Trump, I have to admit he is an extraordinaire candidate. He has almost-fanatical followers...
Cant say that for Biden, or even Obama at his peak...
75% Biden, 24% Trump, 1% electoral college tie is the current readout from 538.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

I'm so beaten down by the bullshit these days that I can't bring myself to believe that.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Not that election forecast's matter, pretty obvious they're aiming at setting up for El Presdiente for life regardless of how the voting goes.
I'll be your neighbor down south in Queenstown if that comes to pass, as it'd be hard to pass up skiing close to home after living in Denver...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty sure our borders will still be closed to plague countries for another 1-2 years. ;)
You'll let me in. I'll use Jedi mind powers on the customs people!

I think being on the desired occupations list would help in this setting. Definitely a mandatory quarantine on arrival!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

So, they giving Trump, months in advance, a slight less chance (24% vs 28.6%) than he had been given days before he won in 2016, yet still in the same ballpark.

Interesting....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Exactly this worries the piss out of me.
Dictators/authoritatians in SA has long been known to have a strong core of "shame" voters.
A not insignificant % of supporters/voters who will not openly say they support the candidate, or say they will vote for them on polls, yet will predictably vote for them.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
If we blow up, perhaps we will rob latinoamerica somewhat less?
the chinese are doing a mighty fine job at that now. no need to worry.

All said and done, i still much prefer to have SEC-sanctioned corporations or european/japanese companies taking the natural resources from latam.
At least you get some high quality jobs and a pretense of social and enviromental responsability.

Chinese corporations? all currently operating in the mining industry here are known for rock bottom wages and blatant disregard for safety/enviromental concerns.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
:stupid:

50/50, best case scenario, and that does not include the Russians.
the burning question is
1) how many electoral votes have a difference smaller than twice the margin of error in polls.
2) how many of these states have below-average socieconomic demographics (shame voters traits).

assume all those in 2) will vote for trump and recalculate.
if trump doesnt get 270 from this, he will probably loose.
If he does... holy shit.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I just ran my idea... and holy shit. NC, FL, AZ, PA and WI are all at under 6% difference.
Trump just needs 61+ votes from those roughly 85 to win. I doubt he will loose NC and FL, so thats 44.
Then he would just need PA or WI+AZ to win. Not easy, but I feel he has more way more than 25% of a chance to win.

Its going to be close

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I just ran my idea... and holy shit. NC, FL, AZ, PA and WI are all at under 6% difference.
Trump just needs 61+ votes from those roughly 85 to win. I doubt he will loose NC and FL, so thats 44.
Then he would just need PA or WI+AZ to win. Not easy, but I feel he has more way more than 25% of a chance to win.

Its going to be close
2016 should have taught everyone to not be comfortable in polling, and to assume nothing. Anyone "predicting" or "calling" the next election is trying to sell you something.