Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sounds like the Pacquiao had a good fight. I was hoping he would get knocked out in the 1st round to shut the boxing fans up.
he beat the ever living sh*t out of coto.

i saw the first fight of 105......the one dudes nose fvcking exploded....his face was covered in blood instantaneously.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, GSP in the Olympics?

Georges St. Pierre said he's going to try to wrestle for Canada in 2012. Competing for your country in the Olympics is an amazing feat, and a worthy goal for a competitor like St. Pierre. There is one problem, though. Canada is already pretty well stocked with wrestlers at 74 kg (163 lbs.), the weight GSP would likely compete at.
Sounds interesting.

Vera looked good, though. I think it was a nice benchmark to fight an old dude and he did well. I was impressed with Dan Hardy, too. Still can't stand the guy, but he looked good. I think GSP will beat his ass and that will be fun to watch.

Matt Brown also looked great in his fight. For a free ticket, it was a good mix of fighters.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
yeah, hopefully he will do well.
there are a lot of MMA fighters that have wrestling backgrounds...hell look at Lesnar.

im looking forward to the Ortiz v. Griffin fight. im a Ortiz fan, but i think its gonna be a tough battle for him. i think Dana White just wants to see him get hurt and lose.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Vera won that fight, he did the only damage and had the only takedown in the 3rd. 1st rd could have gone either way, but the other two were easily his. It was the most boring fight from the entire card. There were some serious KOs shown throughout the night and the Brit that won TUF at LW put a beating on Riley in the first fight. I don't remember him looking that good standing up on the show. I also still can't believe that Kang did not go after Bisping that hard after the knockdown in the first round of their fight.

I really don't see how St. Pierre can make 163lbs. The guy has a pretty hard cut to get to 170.

The Ortiz/Griffin fight should be a war, neither has real KO power, but both are good at beating people up. Potentially could be a lot of blood in this one. I think that if Tito can come in without any rust from the layoff he should win the fight. If he is tentative, forrest will wear him down before he can get into the groove.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Vera won that fight, he did the only damage and had the only takedown in the 3rd. 1st rd could have gone either way, but the other two were easily his. It was the most boring fight from the entire card. There were some serious KOs shown throughout the night and the Brit that won TUF at LW put a beating on Riley in the first fight. I don't remember him looking that good standing up on the show. I also still can't believe that Kang did not go after Bisping that hard after the knockdown in the first round of their fight.

I really don't see how St. Pierre can make 163lbs. The guy has a pretty hard cut to get to 170.

The Ortiz/Griffin fight should be a war, neither has real KO power, but both are good at beating people up. Potentially could be a lot of blood in this one. I think that if Tito can come in without any rust from the layoff he should win the fight. If he is tentative, forrest will wear him down before he can get into the groove.
Randy controlled 80% of the fight. That's why vera lost, because randy pushed him around any time they were clinched up, and that was most of the fight. Agree though on the boring part, almost fell asleep in the 2nd round (no joke).

Agree on the Kang fight... he could have finished that fight in the first round but he let it slip away.

As for the forrest fight. I hope for Forrest's sake, he can win. He was straight up humiliated by Silva. I think he'll probably win, but his confidence is probably pretty low right now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
WEC 44 is tonight along with TUF. The title fight should be interesting, other than that, the WEC card is kinda weak.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought Brown was outclassed. Aldo wasn't trying to hit him in the back of the head and I think that was the least of Brown's worries.

Maybe Faber can fight Aldo, that would be interesting with the speed of both guys.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Alright, so I swore off TUF heavyweights because all the fights sucked. But I tuned in last night for the final episode because I wanted to see who made it in. Looks like Roy "Fat Boy" Nelson v.s. some ex NFL dude. Roy will probably get the contract... what a shame. I hope he goes and trains at a camp that will whip his fat ass down to light heavy.

Anyway, the thing worthy of a WTF is this: In the finale Dana White has done something interesting to say the least. He has gone and put Kimbo Slice against Houston Alexander.

I predict Kimbo gets knocked out in the first 2 minutes. Houston is explosive and way too fast and aggressive for the likes of the slow moving Kimbo.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I tuned out some time ago. Too bad so sad. If only any part of the show had been interesting instead of the same old rehashed garbage.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
holy crap , i saw the reply of the newest episode of ultimate fighter last night and i was not expecting to see big baby get put on his ass :shocked:.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
holy crap , i saw the reply of the newest episode of ultimate fighter last night and i was not expecting to see big baby get put on his ass :shocked:.
Seriously, I thought he was going all the way to the finals. If Big Country and hig huge gut win, then epic fail on this season of TUF. The Darkness fight was good, though. I hope he keeps fighting, but he needs to harden that chin.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Kimbo Rules!!!!!

But fat f*** Nelson is an embarassment. I would have loved it if Dana White said, "No Contract!" right after he won.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
How is Nelson an embarrassment?

He is a more skilled fighter than an entire group of hand picked fighters, why does that make him the embarrassment? It makes the rest of them embarrassments, but then again it just proves that a dude with huge muscles and a bunch of tattoo's isn't necessarrily a good fighter.

Marcus Jones is a standup nightmare, with a glass chin. I can't believe after all the wining they even let mitrione back.

Matt Hammil is still a disappointment in my eyes, the guy has just never pulled through like I thought he would.

Kimbo showed improved skills, but his little chicken legs are going to give out on him, he's just too old to really make it far, but he his much improved.

Houston Alexander, WTF Happened here? This guy should have came out and banged with kimbo.

McSweeney and titties, I don't think either of these guys really carry any decent skills.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
It'll be interesting to see how Fat Bastard does in his first real fight in UFC. Most of the HW guys are pretty good right now. He'd probably have to fight someone like Kongo (after he loses to Mir this coming weekend), or Couture if he goes back up in weight. I think Fat Bastard is going to lose in that class. Everybody in there has a lot of experience and skill compared to the guy that he knocked out.

I'm bummed for Jon jones. That dude is friggin good. He's going to do really well in the LHW class.

Kimbo was awesome in round 2. He needs to do some endurance training. He'll be beat by pretty much everybody in HW too though. Maybe he should fight Roy after he loses his first real fight in UFC.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Because every fat f@ck will now think they can compete at that level. He is a BJJ black belt, but all anyone focuses on is the fact he looks like Octomom at 8 months.
Exactly, dude has skills. Take a look Fedor, though not nearly as bad as nelson, he isn't exactly a 4% bodyfat cross country rider.

It'll be interesting to see how Fat Bastard does in his first real fight in UFC. Most of the HW guys are pretty good right now. He'd probably have to fight someone like Kongo (after he loses to Mir this coming weekend), or Couture if he goes back up in weight. I think Fat Bastard is going to lose in that class. Everybody in there has a lot of experience and skill compared to the guy that he knocked out.

I'm bummed for Jon jones. That dude is friggin good. He's going to do really well in the LHW class.

Kimbo was awesome in round 2. He needs to do some endurance training. He'll be beat by pretty much everybody in HW too though. Maybe he should fight Roy after he loses his first real fight in UFC.
I agree with you, I don't think ANY of the guys in this seasons ultimate fighter have a chance in heavyweight right now, but that still shouldnt take away from the fact htat nelson beat all of those washed up football players.

Jones will be fine, he made a mistake, but that shouldnt keep dana from bringing him back. The guy was very exciting and has skills.

Kimbo looked very improved, I expected Alexander to own him. That slam, midway through the second round, DAMN

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Exactly, dude has skills. Take a look Fedor, though not nearly as bad as nelson, he isn't exactly a 4% bodyfat cross country rider.

I agree with you, I don't think ANY of the guys in this seasons ultimate fighter have a chance in heavyweight right now, but that still shouldnt take away from the fact htat nelson beat all of those washed up football players.

Jones will be fine, he made a mistake, but that shouldnt keep dana from bringing him back. The guy was very exciting and has skills.

Kimbo looked very improved, I expected Alexander to own him. That slam, midway through the second round, DAMN
Well, I think Jimmydean had made a comment earlier about how most TUF Heavyweights, this season and the one that produced Rashad Evans, were fat Light Heavyweights.

I have an extremely low opinion of HW division, and Roy Nelson does not exactly impress me.

Yeah, he wrestles fine, but TUF HW's are horrendous. Besides Rashad (who fights as a LHW), can you name another HW from either season besides Kimbo?

On the other hand, all the other weight classes have produced notable fighters and several champions.

Finally, a guy like Brock Lesnar is a massive tank but he is relatively fit. Fedor might not be Mr Universe, but it looks like he heads to the gym regularly. Nelson looks like a loser, and I like to see him fight a decent HW (or LHW) and see what happens in round 3.

BTW, KIMBO RULES!!!!!!!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
When did RM turn into Sherdog?;)
I'm so glad it's not Sherdog. good god. if anybody ever thought people on RM were rude, Sherdog is another world. they don't give an eff about anything on that website.

Next weekend is going to be good. Mir vs Kongo. I hope Kongo can knock him out on the feet. If he can't, he's got no chance. I wonder if he ever wants to become more than just 1 dimensional?
Bj vs Diego. That's going to be crazy. As long as Diego doesn't let Baby Jay into his head like Florian did. I think Diego can do it. But, BJ is BJ and he can pretty much beat anybody he wants to in his weight class.

Florian vs Guida will be fast paced. I'm thinking Guida is going to lose since Kflo doesn't let anybody just hold him on the mat.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Heavyweights suck. They need to eliminate the division altogether. If the fight doesn't end in the first round they're going to end up gassed out completely and just lay on each other like mating walruses. And that does include Kimbo and Alexander because all they did was walk around in the first round doing NOTHING.

Make 205 or go away.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Well, I think Jimmydean had made a comment earlier about how most TUF Heavyweights, this season and the one that produced Rashad Evans, were fat Light Heavyweights.

I have an extremely low opinion of HW division, and Roy Nelson does not exactly impress me.

Yeah, he wrestles fine, but TUF HW's are horrendous. Besides Rashad (who fights as a LHW), can you name another HW from either season besides Kimbo?

On the other hand, all the other weight classes have produced notable fighters and several champions.

Finally, a guy like Brock Lesnar is a massive tank but he is relatively fit. Fedor might not be Mr Universe, but it looks like he heads to the gym regularly. Nelson looks like a loser, and I like to see him fight a decent HW (or LHW) and see what happens in round 3.

BTW, KIMBO RULES!!!!!!!
I don't disagree with you about where nelson stacks up with the current heavyweights, but you can't take away the fact that he won the TUF "tournament" fair and square

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't disagree with you about where nelson stacks up with the current heavyweights, but you can't take away the fact that he won the TUF "tournament" fair and square
And even of you win a gold at the Special Olympics...

He was IFL HW champ, he has come ability, but that was by far the weakest TUF cast of all time.

That being said I look forward to the middleweights next season. I also look forward to Chuck beating the piss out of Tito. While the LH class is too stacked for Chuck to be champ again, I think he can still put the beatdown on Tito.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heavyweights suck. They need to eliminate the division altogether. If the fight doesn't end in the first round they're going to end up gassed out completely and just lay on each other like mating walruses. And that does include Kimbo and Alexander because all they did was walk around in the first round doing NOTHING.

Make 205 or go away.
Welcome to the game, Mr. D.

The popularity of heavyweights in boxing is the one-shot knockout from an immensively powerful man, who no smaller opponent had a chance to beat.

I believe LHW's are the best fighters for aggression and agility. However, a middleweight could beat a HW.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That being said I look forward to the middleweights next season. I also look forward to Chuck beating the piss out of Tito. While the LH class is too stacked for Chuck to be champ again, I think he can still put the beatdown on Tito.
The only person who has taken more shots to the face than Tito is Jenna Jameson.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
They should change the HW fights to a 10 minute first round, and a 5 minute second round. That way they'd have enough time to do the "feeling out" process, get started, and pretty much finish or gas out in the first round. The second round would pretty much be there for the HW's that actually have endurance (NOG, Mir, Cain, Lesnar, Couture).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
They should change the HW fights to a 10 minute first round, and a 5 minute second round. That way they'd have enough time to do the "feeling out" process, get started, and pretty much finish or gas out in the first round. The second round would pretty much be there for the HW's that actually have endurance (NOG, Mir, Cain, Lesnar, Couture).
If there was 10 minute rounds, I think you'd see more fat boys dancing than a bears bar on Folsom Street (google it if you don't get the reference).

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
PRIDE used to have 10 minute first rounds. It worked pretty good for those guys that don't like to engage right away. Gives them plenty of time to dance around for a few minutes and eventually fight. Hopefully with Kimbo and Nelson being in the UFC, they'll take training to another level and focus on endurance now. Hell, it's not like Roy doesn't have some kind of fat reserve in his body that could be used for the long haul.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It's funny that I would be a Kimbo supporter. He seems like a decent guy with good stand-up but lots of defensive holes.

I thought his fight was adequate, especially when he took down Houston at will.
He will never be champion, but I like him nevertheless.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Who do you guys see winning tonight?

I'm thinking Penn is going to hurt Diego, then choke him out by round 2 so he doesn't have to worry about taking it to the championship rounds.

I hope Mir gets KTFO. Slight chance that Kongo would win, but i hope he jacks him up. He's not exactly the smartest fighter though.

Kflo will own the caveman.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Who do you guys see winning tonight?

I'm thinking Penn is going to hurt Diego, then choke him out by round 2 so he doesn't have to worry about taking it to the championship rounds.

I hope Mir gets KTFO. Slight chance that Kongo would win, but i hope he jacks him up. He's not exactly the smartest fighter though.

Kflo will own the caveman.
I actually want to see Diego win only because Penn needs a wakeup call. I honestly thought KenFlo was going to do it, but he got beat at his own game.

I used to hate Mir because he reminded me of the typical musclehead and listening him try to commentate during WEC fights was painful. But the reality is he has a lot of skills. I watched the countdown show leading up to tonight and I was impressed. He realized Lesnar was just too big, so he got serious and has put on something like 30 pounds in order to deal with that. So it will be interesting to see how the new mass affects his ground game.

I like Guida. That dude is 110% all the time. Diego hit him with EVERYTHING shot of a 2x4 and he never stopped. I like KenFlo, but I want to see Guida take it.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I think BJ's wakeup call was when GSP owned him. He's a lot better now with his conditioning. Florian could've been a better challenge for BJ, if he would've fought him the way he fought everybody else. He let BJ get in his head come fight time.

I don't like how cocky Mir is. I know he's good, but he's way too arrogant. I hope Kongo beats the sh!t out of him. But i don't see it happening. Mir is too smart. But, if he gasses out, he's going to have some problems. All of that muscle is going to need a lot more air.

I like Guida too. He was a favorite of mine ever since he fought Huerta. That fight was incredible. I like both fighters. I just don't see Guida's lack of skill getting him the decision win over Kflo. Plus, Kenny is going to come in and try to prove that he needs a rematch.

I couldn't believe how diego attacked Guida. The wife and i were screaming when we saw that fight. That was brutal. And Guida kept on going. What a stud.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, the headkick Guida took and got right back up was insane. That shot was straight shin to the face and would kill a normal human :rofl: