Quantcast

The Very Unofficial Gravity South Series 2013

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
just throwing it out there, but would there be substantial interest in a Windrock Race to replace the Yee-Haw weekend? something Non-sanctioned, and all pro riders will appear as Luke Skywalker on the results sheet, because as this goes to show you, the national/international organizations hate gravity racers. Maybe throw in some old fashioned flat turn dual slalom sat evening at the campground?
I contain vast amounts of interest in this.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
This would be awesome since I plan my races early in the year! Had time off for Mass. and can't make TTC since it was just scheduled recently and I had committed for work that weekend to be off for Mass.

The Dual Slalom Part is a must!

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
just throwing it out there, but would there be substantial interest in a Windrock Race to replace the Yee-Haw weekend? something Non-sanctioned, and all pro riders will appear as Luke Skywalker on the results sheet, because as this goes to show you, the national/international organizations hate gravity racers. Maybe throw in some old fashioned flat turn dual slalom sat evening at the campground?
I think most of the Gutbomb crew will be there anyway so bring yer walkie-talkie's and let's make a race outta it!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Although Duryea DH is the following weekend for you probaliy. :thumb:
Well Duryea is 100 dollar entry fee, USAC Sanctioned and there is no camping, I'll be skipping that one. I'm trying to support as many non-USAC races this year as possible, Mass was going to be one of them. Oh well, I think I'm going to go to Mountain Creek the weekend of Duryea and spend less money than I would have going to the race so I can't really complain too much.

Last edited:

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
so no race, and no dual, but there will be a big ride weekend at Windrock, springfestish, people riding and shuttling both days. Looks like the weather is gonna be great. Trailer will probably start running around 10:00 Sat morning. Also, we will be having the fallfest on Oct 12th. I will be postin ga thread for that later on with some details.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Anyone doing the Pisgah enduro? Free camping nearby? Can you pre-ride the course? I really want to but it's a bit of a hike so I'd like to come down and ride for a day or two before the race, and stay for as cheap as possible.

rocklobster

Monkey
Apr 3, 2011
the green river games is looking to build a much larger annual event, if the WR event was not going on I certainly would be there. Especially since it includes all things that are awesome besides bikes! Next year there will definitely be no such conflict as I hope this event continues to get bigger and better! In the meantime, i will be releasing a little preview video of the enduro course hopefully tomorrow to give everyone a little glimpse of what you are getting into!

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Was browsing around and found out that the plans for the 2013 Paris Mountain super-d and enduro are up on the Upstate Cranksgiving website.

Nov 23rd: South Carolina Super-D State Championship, Paris Mtn, SC
Nov 24th: Wild Turkey Enduro, Paris Mtn, SC

http://upstatecranksgiving.org/

Last edited: