Quantcast

The Wall

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This thread will be for anything regarding The Wall during the next 4/8 years.

I will start the thread about the amazingly bigly bestest Wall with this:

Mexican Drug Smugglers Turn to Catapults, Cannons as Trump Border Wall Looms

Mexican drug smugglers have turned to propelling their products across the border into the U.S., but will these devices be able to surmount Pres. Trump’s planned border wall?

Border Catapult (2/10/17)
On Feb. 10, Tucson, Ariz. border patrol agents noticed several people on the south side quickly retreating from the fence as they approached. When agents arrived at the fence, they found a catapult system attached to the south side of the border fence. They searched the area and located two bundles of marijuana.

Agents contacted law enforcement authorities in Mexico who responded to investigate. U.S. Border Patrol agents dismantled the catapult system, which was seized by Mexican authorities. Border Patrol agents took possession of the marijuana that weighed more than 47 pounds combined.

Last December, Border Patrol agents used multi-surveillance capabilities to catch smugglers using an air cannon to shoot a 34 pound bundle of drugs over the border from Mexico into Naco, Arizona.

And, one group of Mexican drug smugglers used BOTH methods to launch drugs into the U.S. – until the Mexica police caught up with them in September of last year.

According to a press release by the Mexican Security Commission, the culprits stole a van, which they then modified with the catapult and air cannon:

“An air compressor, a gasoline engine, an air storage tank and a metal tube about 3 meters long (homemade bazooka) were located inside.

“Also, it was detected that the unit has a cut in the back of the helmet that allows to place the metallic tube for the launching of projectiles, possibly used from the border of the border strip of Mexico towards the United States.”

Of course, your more tech-savvy Mexican drug smugglers don’t rely on Medieval-era weapons to deliver their contraband to the U.S. – they simply use drones.
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/mexican-drug-smugglers-turn-catapults-cannons-trump-border-wall-looms

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't care what your politics are in regards to immigration, the wall is an expensive, dumb, and ineffective solution.

The only advantage I can see is that it would filter out anyone who was incapable of using a ladder, shovel, plasma cutter or other blue collar working tools. Not to mention those capable of flying, driving or walking into the country with appropriate identification. In other words it would only let in the perfect illegal workers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Don't care what your politics are in regards to immigration, the wall is an expensive, dumb, and ineffective solution.

The only advantage I can see is that it would filter out anyone who was incapable of using a ladder, shovel, plasma cutter or other blue collar working tools. Not to mention those capable of flying, driving or walking into the country with appropriate identification. In other words it would only let in the perfect illegal workers.
So you're saying the wall is merely a skill oriented admittance test ?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
$15B Cheeto Jesus (Hayzues) wants to drop on this foolishness...what could that buy American taxpayers if used judiciously and righteously?

The French built a wall to keep the Germans at bay. You know what they did? Went the fuck around it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maginot_Line#German_invasion_in_World_War_II
Last estimate I heard was $21B. That's 21 x $1,000,000,000, or ~$70 per person to build something that is very realistically a physical impossibility and will have no/negligible impact on the problem it's trying to solve.

On the plus side, maybe we can get free labor and glue this thing together with the pre-cum of all those who spring pants boners every time the wall is mentioned.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
in 2016, a Breitbart writer called for flying drones with lasers to patrol the border and shoot (er, 'stun) those attempting to cross the border illegally.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last estimate I heard was $21B. That's 21 x $1,000,000,000, or ~$70 per person to build something that is very realistically a physical impossibility and will have no/negligible impact on the problem it's trying to solve.

On the plus side, maybe we can get free labor and glue this thing together with the pre-cum of all those who spring pants boners every time the wall is mentioned.
Once all the construction workers become farm hands (after we deport all the illegals) we will need to hire some new illegals to build the wall. :rofl:

<edit> The Donald said he was in a job creatin' mood.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The wall is also a distractiinary battle flag to rally supporters who want to blame their problems on immigrants instead of addressing the real problems.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
21 billion is only the construction costs.
The real money will be in teh maintenance.

In addition to France, China also tried the wall thing - yup, the Mongols just went around the damn thing.:rofl:

Apparently history is trying to tell yous guys someting...:bonk:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
21 billion is only the construction costs.
The real money will be in teh maintenance.

In addition to France, China also tried the wall thing - yup, the Mongols just went around the damn thing.:rofl:

Apparently history is trying to tell yous guys someting...:bonk:
Just wait...the next wall goes up to keep you, Mmike and all the other poutine eating, beer swilling puck chasing Celine Dion listening Canuckleheads out of Gawds™ country...making 'murikkka grate agin all up in here boy!

(Can you get me in before he builds? I love beer, hockey, bikes and the Tragically Hip...not to mention Pamela Anderson. And I am painfully polite at times.)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...(Can you get me in before he builds? I love beer, hockey, bikes and the Tragically Hip...not to mention Pamela Anderson. And I am painfully polite at times.)
Ya, I think so, 'Squeeb is convoying up soon, y'all can join his crew, although the spare room may be getting a bit crowded....

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If this is true, why doesn't he just front the money personally?

Finally, I'll be able to get one of those fruit-picking jobs I've been dreaming of.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
So how's everyone's vege garden planning and fruit tree planting going? :)
I assume you're doing that as fresh fruit and vege is about to get a whole lot more expensive for you this year. ;)

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So how's everyone's vege garden planning and fruit tree planting going? :)
I assume you're doing that as fresh fruit and vege is about to get a whole lot more expensive for you this year. ;)
Srsly, stuff will straight rot on the vine due to lack of pickers starting this year.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Let's build this bitch!

House Republicans are moving next week to fund President Donald Trump's $1.6 billion request to begin construction of his oft-promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Aides said Tuesday evening that GOP leaders have decided to attach the money — to build 74 miles of fencing and levee wall in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas and near San Diego — to a spending bill for the Defense Department and a handful of other agencies like the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The VA has way too much money, they won't even notice.