Quantcast

The way it REALLY is…..Snowshoe, Wintergreen, Mount Snow, and all others....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The way it REALLY is…..

Let’s face it, we all love to ride. Whether it is XC, DS, FR or DH, we love to ride. We have seen, far too many times, arguments about which place is great and which place isn’t, which people and management is the best or worse. An example of this is seen in the commentary of the NORBA Nationals at Snowshoe this past weekend.

There were a lot of positives and a few negatives. I believe the ability to be present and to ride, whether as a beginner or pro, far outweighs the negatives. Some places may be better and some places may be worse. However, the fact remains that we all had a place to go and ride our bikes. The debates are actually a moot point since there is not one PERFECT place to ride. Some days are better than others, and some seasons are better than others.

I think, regardless of where we like to go, and even the places we dislike, or had a bad time at, we need to tip our hats, and give a huge pat on the back of ALL of the people across this country that put in the time to build and maintain trails.

My hats off to Kalan, Brad, Andrew and all the others at Snowshoe, who put in an enormous amount of time, not only for NORBA, but for a place to ride EVERY weekend. This thanks needs to also be extended to Corby at Wintergreen. He is maintaining the trails already built by great folks, and adding some new things as well, all by himself.

To the great folks at Wisp who do the work to build and maintain trails. I am actually ashamed to say that I had a chance to enjoy riding and even participating in my first race ever at Wisp, and I have not properly thanked all involved with all their efforts to have made it happen, like Mike Heartlove and the Racers Edge people.

The point is this, thank you’s are in order for the Snowshoe folks for a great NORBA weekend, and the same thank you’s go out to Corby, Mike and to ALL the people who help build and maintain trails across this country; trails that you and I get to ride on the weekends, and have stories to tell for months after; trails that allow us to meet new people and form new friendships, as I have this past weekend.

These are the same trails across the country that allows us to meet folks we’ve met on RM or the other popular MTB boards on the net.

Snowshoe, Wintergreen, Wisp, Mt. Snow, Northstar, Mount Snow, who cares which one is better than the other? It’s a place where people put in the time to allow us a place to ride.

Thanks to ALL!

Ralph