Quantcast

The Zerode thread

Dodgysam

Chimp
Jan 23, 2013
I know that track/have ridden it and there is no 60ft stepdown.
A 30-40ft step down yes...actually there is a few of them.
But it is a super fast bit of track...and get it wrong and it will bite your ass hard!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah the headtube is a fair bit shorter. There will be a good number of updates. Sometime soon we can let everyone know.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just for reference... depending on the tensile strength and whether or not the delrin is impregnated with other polymers (like PTFE), a 3/4" sheet (what it looks like is being used) of straight delrin sells for about $75/ sqf . The kind with PTFE is like $300 / sqf.

Point being, raw materials could easily make up more than 50% of that cost.

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
nothing really. im on a first gen zerode and love it to pieces ,never had a problem ,never missed a beat. ive just heard there are going to be changes and I wondered what they are.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's a good thing all the changes are being kept secret.
Wouldn't want that info to be available to people looking to make purchasing decisions, especially this close to the season.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
It's a good thing all the changes are being kept secret.
Wouldn't want that info to be available to people looking to make purchasing decisions, especially this close to the season.
You can email Rob he may let a little out of the bag. I would guess soon we can say all the updates being done to them.....

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Sounds like over the next week or two all the updates will be revealed on the 2013's!!!!!!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Shorter shock with less sticking out would be good.

How much weight did it lose?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
more ground clearance
For the shock, not chain ring. Well not static and unweighted at least. Still only a 32tooth chainring, so better ground clearance than pretty much anything else with same top gear ratio accept a Racelink with 28t ring and 14"+BB, maybe a Nicolai/Pinion and/or Carvelie/Effigear when it's out.
EDIT:- I guess anything with 14"+BB height could have better ground clearance, but nothing current is that high. Is it?

Last edited:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Shorter shock with less sticking out would be good.

How much weight did it lose?
Should be about half a Kilo. I should have one built within a couple of weeks with my same kit of current Zerode. Will have Bos forks and shock though, but I'll weigh old and new parts if I can.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Should be about half a Kilo. I should have one built within a couple of weeks with my same kit of current Zerode. Will have Bos forks and shock though, but I'll weigh old and new parts if I can.
Well you will get your frame first! But I hope to have a DVO fork first to put on my 2013 G2!:D

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Well you will get your frame first! But I hope to have a DVO fork first to put on my 2013 G2!:D
We'll see. I'd not put money on that if I were you:p but neither would I:thumb:
Both the DVO and Bos(new air RaRe)are pretty unproven but very promising so I'll be happy with either. Still have my Avy 888s for back up anyway.
I'm going against my better judgement and trying air again for the shock. Pros and cons. Hopefully the cons are not lessened damping and increased spring rate when hot. I'm happy with the slightly more docile feel of the air shock in the G1 Zerode as it's plush enough. Will see in the next gen, and with the Bos Air.

Last edited: