Quantcast

Things for you to buy

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know people bash the price and dentist factor, but my eleven six is the best shock I've ever ridden, no question.

I took advantage of the demo sale two (?) seasons ago. Shock was received as - new.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I know people bash the price and dentist factor, but my eleven six is the best shock I've ever ridden, no question.

I took advantage of the demo sale two (?) seasons ago. Shock was received as - new.
I paid $300 for DHX2. I cannot imagine the 11/6 is 3-4x better. I understand that if you race or your living depends on your bike, the investment makes sense though.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I paid $300 for DHX2. I cannot imagine the 11/6 is 3-4x better. I understand that if you race or your living depends on your bike, the investment makes sense though.
Well in this case it's more like 3x ... and you'd be surprised.

I'd do it again in a second. Only downside is its a bit porky.

Last edited:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I just got this for $200 on sale from $350. Now i need a good spring! Any recommendations? Its a 200x57. Im about 165 with everything on, dont do alot of hucking, so looking for about a 350 pound or so spring. Might be willing to shell out for a ti spring.

Attachments

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I just got this for $200 on sale from $350. Now i need a good spring! Any recommendations? Its a 200x57. Im about 165 with everything on, dont do alot of hucking, so looking for about a 350 pound or so spring. Might be willing to shell out for a ti spring.
Is that the same size as stock? Which frame is it going on / how much travel?
Need to know the frame since the leverage ratio/curve changes which spring you'll need.

Most frames with that size shock (if ~6" travel) will probably need a ~400 spring at your weight.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...

Attachments

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
While I'm all for custom tuned shocks, what's the general thought on going CCDB Coil with CS vs the Eleven Six? Makes me think of a back-to-back comparison I did with my Push'd MX-tuned shock and a regular Float X2 (same trails, same conditions). I found I was able to get the X2 pretty damn close to the performance of my Push'd shock. I'm thinking the feel of 'trail' mode on the Eleven Six isn't a whole lot different from switching on the CS on the CCDB...unless I'm really over-simplifying it.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
While I'm all for custom tuned shocks, what's the general thought on going CCDB Coil with CS vs the Eleven Six? Makes me think of a back-to-back comparison I did with my Push'd MX-tuned shock and a regular Float X2 (same trails, same conditions). I found I was able to get the X2 pretty damn close to the performance of my Push'd shock. I'm thinking the feel of 'trail' mode on the Eleven Six isn't a whole lot different from switching on the CS on the CCDB...unless I'm really over-simplifying it.
@jackalope and I have bike swapped our nearly identical bikes (GG megatrail v1)--mine has an 11/6 and his the DB coil inline. I think we both agree that both shocks are pretty bad ass for trail shredding offering a whole bunch of traction which makes cornering at/near the limit really fun. This is important where we live since our local stuff has boring terrain and most fun is found shralping the turns. I think we both agree that the 11/6 is marginally better than the DB and has a very unique feel in terms of how efficient it is with using travel. It gobbles up bumps but never ever feels like its wallowing. It really is a remarkable shock. My biggest complaint with the 11/6 is that it makes the bike jump kinda dead--no biggie but it takes a little more speed and/or yank to clear jumps compared to the prior air shock (CCDBa CS). I have the original v1 tune--supposedly the new tune is more lively according to both PUSH and what I've seen online from users. I'll be upgrading when my shock goes in for a rebuild.

As for the 2 damping circuits of the 11/6, they really are just that--two independent damping circuits. One can be a climb mode if you want but it can be something else too. Mine is set up with one circuit being full on DH oriented traction at all costs and the other is "trail mode" giving up some bump absorption performance in the name of pedaling efficiency. When I'm in the mountains, I crank the LSC on the trail mode and use it as a climb switch. Regardless of where I'm riding, I use both frequently and find value in the versatility for a do-most bike like my megatrail. I will def migrate the shock over to my next bike cause I love it. I also totally think a single mode shock with similar performance and less cost would be awesome and sell a bunch of units.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I won't add much to what the above snowbound doctor man just said, but I think the 11-6 is a significantly better shock than my CCDB inline coil. I can't speak for the original CCDB coil, but I found the 11-6 to be incredibly composed in the way it erased chatter and provided excellent support. As Subopt said, his tune isn't the most lively when it comes to popping off of things, but its far from something like a 5th Element (for those of you who are old enough to have enjoyed that "technology") and it just requires a little more effort to get in the air. This is not to say I've been disappointed with my inline, as its been a great shock overall, but I just feel like the 11-6 provides another level of performance. The only real knock on the 11-6 IMO is the minor weight penalty.

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I haven't run a CC coil, but I've run both an 11-6 and DHX2 on the same frame (as well as an X2). The 11-6 stuck to the ground a little better than the DHX2 - in fact it's the best I've ever tried in that regard, but felt pretty dead (I had a V1 as well).

I'm enjoying the Push AC3 kit for my 36 immensely.

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
I haven't run a CC coil, but I've run both an 11-6 and DHX2 on the same frame (as well as an X2). The 11-6 stuck to the ground a little better than the DHX2 - in fact it's the best I've ever tried in that regard, but felt pretty dead (I had a V1 as well).

I'm enjoying the Push AC3 kit for my 36 immensely.
What do you weigh? I'm considering this for my 36 since it still harsh as fuk...