Quantcast

Things I dont understand...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Trump and the mob are inching ever closer to electing American Hitler as the rest of the world looks on with disgust. His rhetoric is not going un-noticed and could damage our relations with other countries. What ever game he's playing, it's a dangerous one.

I truly am sorry to say that it's no longer a case of "could damage" as "already has damaged".

Or have you really not noticed Mexico's reaction?.... And Mexico is not the only one to be turning hostile towards you.
Such as the English public (the private citizens of your most powerful ally) gather way more than enough signatures to have banning your potential leader from entering the United Kingdom debated in parliament.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/jan/18/uk-mps-debate-donald-trump-banned-from-uk-commons-live

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I truly am sorry to say that it's no longer a case of "could damage" as "already has damaged".

Or have you really not noticed Mexico's reaction?.... And Mexico is not the only one to be turning hostile towards you.
Such as the English public (the private citizens of your most powerful ally) gather way more than enough signatures to have banning your potential leader from entering the United Kingdom debated in parliament.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/jan/18/uk-mps-debate-donald-trump-banned-from-uk-commons-live
Too be fair - The House of Commons also debates whether their toilet paper should unroll from in front or behind... they've also debated using The Smiths lyrics in an effort to prove which party is more supportive of the working class.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
jesus....if comparing that dickwad to hitler helps you feel better about yourself....go for it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

What is happening here is not unique. There is a rising tide of right wing extremism in Europe. Ours version is just more of a circus and arguably entertaining to watch.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
jesus....if comparing that dickwad to hitler helps you feel better about yourself....go for it.
No dude it does not make me feel better about myself. Although comparisons of Obama to Hitler by the GOP have certainly been ridiculous and reminiscent of the don't cry wolf fable, the similarities between Trump and Hitler are undenably there. And to dismiss it with your typical hipster coolness is naive. While cliche, the phrase, "those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it", is aplicable.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you seriously think trump will beat hillary in a election....i suggest you cut back on your weed intake....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
if you seriously think trump will beat hillary in a election....i suggest you cut back on your weed intake....
I think Bernie could beat Trump no problem. The problem with Hillary is that a lot of Democrats can't stand her. My worry is that that segment of voters will simply not vote this year, leaving an open door for Trump. Keep in mind Steve, that Trumps followers are acting purely on emotion and not rational, critical thought. You're applying logic to an illogical situation and that is just not how this election cycle has played out so far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think Bernie could beat Trump no problem. The problem with Hillary is that a lot of Democrats can't stand her. My worry is that that segment of voters will simply not vote this year, leaving an open door for Trump. Keep in mind Steve, that Trumps followers are acting purely on emotion and not rational, critical thought. You're applying logic to an illogical situation and that is just not how this election cycle has played out so far.
Just as many if not more Republicans dislike Trump. My irrationally right wing father has declared he would not cast a vote if the Republican candidate is Trump.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think Bernie could beat Trump no problem. The problem with Hillary is that a lot of Democrats can't stand her. My worry is that that segment of voters will simply not vote this year, leaving an open door for Trump.
rubio's supporters are not going to vote for trump.

neither will cruz supporters or jeb's supporters.

that is a lot of angry white people.

i would say there is a 50/50 chance lindsey graham blows himself up at the convention to take out trump.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What is telling to me is the fear I hear from my non 'murikan friends...they are seriously worried about Trump. That worries me...
my puerto rican aunt and cuban uncle could give two fucks over what that shitbird says....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Why a chunk of this country is supporting a POTUS candidate who is a blowhard hack attention whore businessman with an inflated sense of self importance and a string of failures behind him...and who has never held elected office of any kind?
canada elected a bartender/river guide....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just as many if not more Republicans dislike Trump. My irrationally right wing father has declared he would not cast a vote if the Republican candidate is Trump.
my parents are sitting out this election.....although i have never known who they have voted for in the past.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i would say there is a 50/50 chance lindsey graham blows himself up at the convention to take out trump.
I would find it more disturbing if the system usurped the will of the people and Trump had the nomination forcefully removed. But that would never happen as Trump has the Nuclear option of running third party, which would guarantee a Republican loss. As does Bernie. Actually I think it would be great if both of them did, might destroy the two party system, which is dumb on so many levels.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
my puerto rican aunt and cuban uncle could give two fucks over what that shitbird says....
Puerto Ricans dont count as foreigners...and Cubans are south Floridaians to be anyway.

Besides, I predict Obama will declare himself Emperor for life soon, and force us all into gay marriages and abortions and give us health care and educations whether we earn them or not. So this election cycle is pretty much moot anyway.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Since this thread is titled "Things I don't Understand", lets talk about this:
The only thing Lindsay Graham is going to blow at a convention is John McCain. That boy's so deep in the closet he ought to be called the Senator from Narnia. Not to mention his Southern Baptist leanings. Between religion and the GOP, that's a powerful amount of self loathing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hard to understand why an entire country would go along with the genocidal practices of an insane tyrant, but it happened in Germany.
Use the google machine to listen to some of the longer, unedited Hitler speeches he gave to the people during his rise to power. Murder of millions of people aside, he was an amazing speaker. He tapped into some of the same fears/concerns a large part of the US population have today. Listen and tell me certain modern day politicians don't do the same.

And before some bonehead says I'm praising Hitler, I'm not.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Use the google machine to listen to some of the longer, unedited Hitler speeches he gave to the people during his rise to power. Murder of millions of people aside, he was an amazing speaker. He tapped into some of the same fears/concerns a large part of the US population have today. Listen and tell me certain modern day politicians don't do the same.

Because I know my audience so well...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-germany-elections-20160313-story,amp.html

Kevin

Turbo Monkey

Dude, you should really stop praising Hitler :doh:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yeah they actually have a refugee problem, not just paranoia about refugees.......
Your cynicism is unnerving, I'm sure every country has political issues citizens of other countries find ridiculous. We tend to only pay attention to those with enough economic and military power to pose a threat to our interests. It would be nice to be all love, peace and open boarders but that is not the reality of any country I am aware of.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Good lord, my point is that he said the same things that tapped into the same fears/angers that we're hearing these days, and he did a good enough job to push his way into power and Europe into a world war. Please don't miss my point.
not serious enough...

try all caps/bold/underlining/asteriks next....shows more feeling.

:D

Last edited:

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Good lord, my point is that he said the same things that tapped into the same fears/angers that we're hearing these days, and he did a good enough job to push his way into power and Europe into a world war. Please don't miss my point.
Still doesnt mean you have to go praise him for it. :disgust1:

And in case you still havent noticed, maybe you should recalibrate your sarcasm detector... :clue:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Your cynicism is unnerving, I'm sure every country has political issues citizens of other countries find ridiculous. We tend to only pay attention to those with enough economic and military power to pose a threat to our interests. It would be nice to be all love, peace and open boarders but that is not the reality of any country I am aware of.
island life is grand.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ocean boarders are easy to protect, kiwis are very selective on who they let in. One must be able to provide an economic benefit to the state, possess an essential skill or be willing to live and work where regular citizens do not want to live and work.
trump should be king there!

:D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Ocean boarders are easy to protect, kiwis are very selective on who they let in. One must be able to provide an economic benefit to the state, possess an essential skill or be willing to live and work where regular citizens do not want to live and work.
Could you imagine if the US ran immigration that way?