Quantcast

Things I dont understand...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Currently the Kurds are the defacto troops on the ground in Iraq and Northern Syria. In many parts of Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Turkey they are the defacto Government also. Why does the West resist any efforts to legitimatize the Kurds with their own State. Even the Russians are OK with it. They are a distinct culture living in a distinct place for a Millenium??

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Currently the Kurds are the defacto troops on the ground in Iraq and Northern Syria. In many parts of Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Turkey they are the defacto Government also. Why does the West resist any efforts to legitimatize the Kurds with their own State. Even the Russians are OK with it. They are a distinct culture living in a distinct place for a Millenium??

Because

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So the Turks would rather live by Isis and the less then stable caliphate then the stable semi autonomous Kurds?
Yes. Have you not noticed they could have cut all the ISIS supply and trade lines off but they did not? They are the only stable power in the region ATM, they have EU by the balls - they will leverage the situation to the max.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
So the Turks would rather live by Isis and the less then stable caliphate then the stable semi autonomous Kurds?

Pretty much.
Look at what got the Turks involved in bombing shit in Syria.
ISIS bombs go off in Turkey, ISIS claims responsibility.
Turkey goes "WHAT THE FUCK!!!!.... Right lets bomb the PKK (Kurds)".
So now the PKK have restarted a bombing campaign in Turkey in response, which is pretty much what the Turkish government wanted.... Easier to distract the public bombing non Muslims then to go bomb hardline Muslims.

Also the Kurds do kinda want to take territory off Turkey in the east, which while fairly worthless territory to Turkey, nobody likes giving up territory voluntarily.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pretty much.
Look at what got the Turks involved in bombing shit in Syria.
ISIS bombs go off in Turkey, ISIS claims responsibility.
Turkey goes "WHAT THE FUCK!!!!.... Right lets bomb the PKK (Kurds)".
So now the PKK have restarted a bombing campaign in Turkey in response, which is pretty much what the Turkish government wanted.... Easier to distract the public bombing non Muslims then to go bomb hardline Muslims.

Also the Kurds do kinda want to take territory off Turkey in the east which while fairly worthless territory to Turkey, nobody like giving up territory voluntarily.
Thanks for the info.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't understand how people are incapable of driving on the right hand side of the road. I swear to god that bout 90% of people around here drive with two wheels on or over the line. It is the most basic of driving skills. If you have to take evasive maneuvers for oncoming traffic you are doing it wrong.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Zen of smartphones...
These are winding backroads. You can't text and stay out of a ditch. However I suspect that those used to texting down the highway at 70 mph have lowered standards for county roads. The road I live on averages at least one serious good weather single car accident a month, with several deaths since I have been here. There is no through traffic so almost everyone on the road lives off of it and is familiar with the twists and turns.

These are winding backroads. You can't text and stay out of a ditch. However I suspect that those used to texting down the highway at 70 mph have lowered standards for county roads. The road I live on averages at least one serious good weather single car accident a month, with several deaths since I have been here. There is no through traffic so almost everyone on the road lives off of it and is familiar with the twists and turns.
Winding back roads @90 mph FTMFW.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sounds like you made it to WA already? :P

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I don't understand how people are incapable of driving on the right hand side of the road. I swear to god that bout 90% of people around here drive with two wheels on or over the line. It is the most basic of driving skills. If you have to take evasive maneuvers for oncoming traffic you are doing it wrong.
You live in Hazzard County? Straining the curves, flattening the hills?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Just checked, and I still dont understand why we have so many mouth breathing fools who have bought into the idea that Trump should be POTUS. The DNC better hope to God™ that Shilary wins this thing, or Wasserman-Schultz will be run out of town on a rail for what she did to Bernie.