Quantcast

thinkin about getting a dog........

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i have been thinkin about getting a dog lately. i have a nice fenced in yard and my roommate has a dog that my dog would be able to rip with when i am at work.

my reason for getting a dog is that i need to learn patience and understanding and i need some responsibility in my life. since i cant get a girlfriend i think a dog would do these things for plus they are very cool animals.

feel free to reply with your opinion.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Go to the Humane Society now and get one. Then go ride YOUR BIKE.

Oreo says to get a girl dog so he can kick it when he visits. Like me he wants to go to NC cause its hot as balls here

edit...

besides chicks love guys with dogs, and it gives you an excuse to get them back to your house...

"hey I am digging hanging out with you, but I gotta go home and feed/walk (whatever dog related duty you want to insert) my dog. I am sure he/she'd love to meet you, would you like to come back to my place, pet my dog, then I can bang the living crap out of you while he/she watches?"

It works every time

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am thinking about just going to the animal shelter to get a mut. they seem ot always be the best dogs anyway. i think they know that they are getting saved and they end up loving you a lot more. i am looking for a short haired mut though.

i like this one

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
And what happens to the dog if you can't learn patience and understanding?

You really need to learn those BEFORE you get a dog...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Go to the Humane Society now and get one. Then go ride YOUR BIKE.

Oreo says to get a girl dog so he can kick it when he visits. Like me he wants to go to NC cause its hot as balls here

edit...

besides chicks love guys with dogs, and it gives you an excuse to get them back to your house...

"hey I am digging hanging out with you, but I gotta go home and feed/walk (whatever dog related duty you want to insert) my dog. I am sure he/she'd love to meet you, would you like to come back to my place, pet my dog, then I can bang the living crap out of you while he/she watches?"

It works every time
bwahahahaha that is awesome.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
biggins said:
i am thinking about just going to the animal shelter to get a mut. they seem ot always be the best dogs anyway. i think they know that they are getting saved and they end up loving you a lot more. i am looking for a short haired mut though.

i like this one
Yep that's a dog. Nice wide tongue should work out for you.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reason #32412 why dogs rule. After my post ride shower yesterday my dog seemed very interested in my left knee, kept sniffing and licking it. Not normal behavior for him. Upon further inspection I had a microscopic little tick on my leg he was trying to eat.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stoney98 said:
Just a thought here:
You can barely take care of yourself, can you take care of another individual?
For their first year, your dog will be with you basically at every moment, are you cool with that? That means going home from the bar to let it out, having your dog lick your toes when you're railing, etc.
hey now stoney, ol' biggins is doing right good for himself and i dont go out ot the bars nearly as much as i used to.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:

i like this one

Cute, that dog looks a lot like Oreo, Id say some kind of Lab/Staff Terrier mix (that is a Pitt Bull) FYi..

The dog thing works with chics ALL the time

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Biggins said:
stoney98 said:
Just a thought here:
You can barely take care of yourself, can you take care of another individual?
For their first year, your dog will be with you basically at every moment, are you cool with that? That means going home from the bar to let it out, having your dog lick your toes when you're railing, etc.

hey now stoney, ol' biggins is doing right good for himself and i dont go out ot the bars nearly as much as i used to.
actually see my above thread, it gives you the right time to go home :cool: Seriously though, I have had a dog all through my singleness. They are great, and you live in an even better environment for a dog.

Go get one

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
PonySoldier said:
...Boo Radley...sat on the end of the dock every morning for all ten days of vacation just waiting for someone to throw the rubber duck into the lake for her to fetch

that dog looks ready to rock and roll

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stinkyboy said:
You shop at Old Navy, right?
And/or the Gap. They work well for me, if all of my clothes are from there, good chance I will some what match when I leave the house without having to think.

I am very unoriginal and am fine with that.