Quantcast

Thirsty Thursday Gee, eM,,Teeee!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The problem with me and yoga is, I always want to take the teacher home with me. Last nite's sub was absolutely amazing & had a great playlist & you can ask out your yoga teacher if she is a sub right?
are you asking permission or forgiveness?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Tired, stressed, and hostile today. Another goddamn gallery hop tomorrow night. If I don't get a ride in between now and 7:00pm Friday, I'm going to smash things with a hammer that aren't metal. Uuuggghhhh...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
The problem with me and yoga is, I always want to take the teacher home with me. Last nite's sub was absolutely amazing & had a great playlist & you can ask out your yoga teacher if she is a sub right?
Just tell the Yoga instructor you can make her a movie star. Sounds like she already has a soundtrack.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't been on my bike in 40 days. Metal pin gets removed in a week. Hopefully will at least be able to tool around on easy trails then. Maintaining sanity through steady application of various sheds.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Haven't been on my bike in 40 days. Metal pin gets removed in a week. Hopefully will at least be able to tool around on easy trails then. Maintaining sanity through steady application of various sheds.
pics dude. wtf

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
WNC monkies, how does Tsali compare to Pisgah?
Tsali is relatively flat compared to Pisgah with no major climbing and it is not technical at all. Picture an extended Crabtree trail system with more elevation. Is it worth the 5 hour drive from the triangle? Depends. I only drive to Tsali from Asheville once a year just for some variety. It is a scenic trail system that pretty much cruises above the lake shore on Fontana. Fall time it would have some nice foliage to view. Definitely better/more technical/more fun trails closer than Tsali. Although if you did a trip to Tsali you could pair it with the new Fire Mountain trail system in Cherokee. I have not ridden there, but many people say its pretty good. Not technical either but fast and fun...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Tsali is relatively flat compared to Pisgah with no major climbing and it is not technical at all. Picture an extended Crabtree trail system with more elevation. Is it worth the 5 hour drive from the triangle? Depends. I only drive to Tsali from Asheville once a year just for some variety. It is a scenic trail system that pretty much cruises above the lake shore on Fontana. Fall time it would have some nice foliage to view. Definitely better/more technical/more fun trails closer than Tsali. Although if you did a trip to Tsali you could pair it with the new Fire Mountain trail system in Cherokee. I have not ridden there, but many people say its pretty good. Not technical either but fast and fun...
Last time I rode there (many years ago) the trail was clogged with gapers slowing down the flow & that trail needs to be hammered to be any kind of fun.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
WNC monkies, how does Tsali compare to Pisgah?
Two completely different animals.

Tsali is the precursor to flow trails in NC. While the scenery along the lake is spectacular, the trails themselves are relatively easy. Not many technical features, little climbing, but still fun enough to hit every few years or so.

Pisgah is where you go if you want to climb forever, get lost, scare the shit out of yourself, and ride nothing but roots and rawks down steep ruts.

If you're coming from Raleigh, I'd would say it's probably not worth the extra drive to Tsali from Brevard. But if you're taking a bigger trip and have never been to Tsali it would be worth it. There are four trails there and are shared with horses on alternate days. Check the website or at the kiosk for the schedule.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Based on TN's anecdotal evidence, you should start learning yoga.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Got into a heated exchange with a local artist/gallery sitter who just insisted on following me to my studio after I was making it pretty obvious I didn't want to talk to him. He persisted, and I shredded his poseur ass for wildly unprofessional behavior that affects all of us. He got all pissy, called me a "cry baby", and said "fuck you" a few times, for giving him a much deserved lecture.

Awesome, love it when some jackass gets butt hurt after picking a fight, then gets one. So sick of this neighborhood's bullshit.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got into a heated exchange with a local artist/gallery sitter who just insisted on following to my studio me after I was making it pretty obvious I didn't want to talk to him. He persisted, and I shredded his poseur ass for wildly unprofessional behavior that affects all of us. He got all pissy, called me a "cry baby", and said "fuck you" a few times, for giving him a much deserved lecture.

Awesome, love it when some jackass gets butt hurt after picking a fight, then gets one. So sick of this neighborhood's bullshit.
you didn't clock him why?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
you didn't clock him why?
Nah, not willing to get arrested over this guy since he wasn't physically threatening. He comes across as this flakey, but nice, poor artist. Truth is he's rich and lives in the most affluent neighborhood in town. Has a lot of folks fooled, but he's just a 50 something spoiled brat.

This combined with all the other crap'dujour and I'm packing up to leave early for Thuper Awethum.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah, not willing to get arrested over this guy since he wasn't physically threatening. He comes across as this flakey, but nice, poor artist. Truth is he's rich and lives in the most affluent neighborhood in town. Has a lot of folks fooled, but he's just a 50 something spoiled brat.

This combined with all the other crap'dujour and I'm packing up to leave early for Thuper Awethum.
ah, a trustafarian. say no more.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Any Mechanical Monkeys have experience with Ford's OBD2 Drive Cycle? I need to get my evap monitor to reset for a smog test but I'm having a hell of a time.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
At home. Sick.
Watching Mega Builders episode on the Bosphorus Tunnel. $3.4B underwater and underground tunnel. 4 years behind schedule because they found archeology.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tasli comments are spot on. if you want that, but closer, go to warrior creek in north wilkseboro. if you want pisgah gnar but closer, go to wilsons.

@AngryMetalsmith - i feel your pain, man. i have to deal with that crap regularly.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
At home. Sick.
Watching Mega Builders episode on the Bosphorus Tunnel. $3.4B underwater and underground tunnel. 4 years behind schedule because they found archeology.
Sounds like downtown Seattle with Bertha "broke"....

Dude. Got a long way to go with captioning before I hit minimum wage... lol... :nerd:

@SkaredShtles thanks for the motivation, I'll go ride now! :weee:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
disconnect battery for 30 mins?
That's how I got into this mess. I was doing electrical work (replacing a bulb in the instrument panel) and I disconnected the battery. This reset all the OBDII monitors but the evap monitor hasn't come back on line yet cause you gotta do this complicated "drive cycle" to get it to run the diagnostic. Here are the "Drive Cycle" instructions:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I've tried twice now and due to road and traffic conditions I haven't gotten it to come back online yet.

Paging @DirtyMike to the white courtesy telephone

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think my plan next week will be to go to Davidson River campground on Thursday, and try and get one of the spots before things get booked up by the people attending the pisgah mtb fest (which is Friday -> Sunday), then do some short morning rides, and then after lunch rides with @jackalope, wash rinse repeat until Sunday?