Quantcast

Thirsty Thursday Gee, eM,,Teeee!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That's how I got into this mess. I was doing electrical work (replacing a bulb in the instrument panel) and I disconnected the battery. This reset all the OBDII monitors but the evap monitor hasn't come back on line yet cause you gotta do this complicated "drive cycle" to get it to run the diagnostic. Here are the "Drive Cycle" instructions:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I've tried twice now and due to road and traffic conditions I haven't gotten it to come back online yet.

Paging @DirtyMike to the white courtesy telephone
It'll take you a week or two. One drive cycle is from dead cold to full warm, and back to simplify it. Any time that's what you are waiting on you can get an extension on the due date

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Soooooo, was out looking for birds to put in the freezer today, came across a nice field of these

IMG_20171005_172042079.jpg
Larch bolete mushrooms..... Supposedly they are tasty. Grabbed enough to make it worth trying and marked the spot on the GPS to go get more tomorrow if they are good

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Hopefully identified positively by a mycologist?
Probably one of the easiest mushrooms to identify on the list of edible wild mushrooms in Western Montana. The first thing with bolete's is to slice a few. If they bruise/stain blue.... No good to eat, if they do not change, cook a small batch and eat them. Like three or four.

Super tasty with a simple oiled pan and some salt and pepper.

Been trying to find morels, no luck this year even with all the recent precipitation. None of my old hot spots have produced.

Will go back in a few days for the boletes. Will likely get 15-20 pounds off this field. Will have to dehydrate a bunch to save them

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had a good ride and even better conversation with a special opps guy who runs the trail whom I've talked to before. We talked stress and anger issues, the current political climate, gun obsession, drinking the Kool-aid, etc. I was so freakin wound up from earlier today that I wasn't really able to let go of the anger cause I was riding a familiar trail solo. Reminds me of why it's important to ride with others occasionally.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I think my plan next week will be to go to Davidson River campground on Thursday, and try and get one of the spots before things get booked up by the people attending the pisgah mtb fest (which is Friday -> Sunday), then do some short morning rides, and then after lunch rides with @jackalope, wash rinse repeat until Sunday?
do you like being around a lot of people? 'cause i'd guess it'll be packed, for camping and riding and at bars...

things are prepped for a beacon/yancey ride tomorrow in the other white pisgah. can't wait.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
do you like being around a lot of people? 'cause i'd guess it'll be packed, for camping and riding and at bars...

things are prepped for a beacon/yancey ride tomorrow in the other white pisgah. can't wait.
yeah, I have feelings both ways about it being crowded, hoping that hurricane nate will help deter some fairweather riders. But my time off days are flexible so it might be this upcoming or the week after.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
That's how I got into this mess. I was doing electrical work (replacing a bulb in the instrument panel) and I disconnected the battery. This reset all the OBDII monitors but the evap monitor hasn't come back on line yet cause you gotta do this complicated "drive cycle" to get it to run the diagnostic. Here are the "Drive Cycle" instructions:

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

I've tried twice now and due to road and traffic conditions I haven't gotten it to come back online yet.

Paging @DirtyMike to the white courtesy telephone
lol..sounds like a joke.