Quantcast

This bit from News radio really got me riled up this AM

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Just a clip about how someone was claiming temporary insanity because he was on drugs.

:angry:

This stuff pisses me off.....he didn't know what he was doing.

Boo FREAKEN Hoo!

Doesn't negate that he killed someone (cop) I don't think insanity should be used as a defense...well temporary insanity anyways.

If you are glitching like Brad Pitt in Twelve Monkeys (was that the title?) than yah....lock em up and throw the key if they can't function in society....atleast if they can't stop themselves from committing such acts.

You don't get out of vehicle homicide if you are drunk....right?

If a woman catches her old man boink'n his mistress and gets the heive-ho becuase he wants the "other" woman......running over him multiple times with her car is not temporary insanity....*blood boiling on this one* Lock her up and make her crush rocks the rest of her life.

I hate this world we live in where people don't take resposibility for there (albeit stupid) actions.

Whew I feal better now that was eating me all morning.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rhino"I am much better now"fromWA

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
are you sure the judge is gonna let the guy plead temp. insanity (due to drugs)?

I think the only way that'll fly is if he was on prescription meds.

Don't get too upset until you learn more... people will do whatever it takes to avoid being punished, but that doesn't mean they'll walk.

But yeah, it pisses me off to the general lack of personal responsibility.

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
you can try to claim anything you want. If the judge lets it fly, that's something else.

Generally speaking, being under the influence of substances won't help you out much, if I remember right it can remove the "intent" element from certain crimes. It CERTAINLY won't approach "insanity", that's for sure. Sounds like a last-ditch effort....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
The "I couldn't possibly known what I was doing as I am not that kind of person...." "......therefore I must have bern 'temporarily' insane" line really gets to me.

Whether stress or substances should not be used to reduce sentences......

I know I am preaching to the choir....but geesh every day I hear this poo.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
A related issue:

A guy I know/knew got beaten to deat in his apartment last week.

Everyone I know thinks they know who did it. Personally I am not sure and refuse to lay blame on anyone until I hear about some kind of proof or probably cause.

Anyway, just about everyone I know thinks its his roommate who is this clinically schitsophrenic mushroom cultivator cuy that basically eats unreal amounts of mushrooms just about every few days (when I say unreal I mean like an ounce) anyway, Ive been at this guys pad while he was flipping out an weilding a knife (I left ASAP when the knife came out). But the fact is that if he gets charged, you know he will plead insanity and he will probably get thrown into a mental ward until he's "better".

All this crap is way to close to home because I know everyone involved/have hung out at the place where this guy was beaten to death :( :mad: :confused: :angry:

Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Just a clip about how someone was claiming temporary insanity because he was on drugs.

:angry:

This stuff pisses me off.....he didn't know what he was doing.

Boo FREAKEN Hoo!

Doesn't negate that he killed someone (cop) I don't think insanity should be used as a defense...well temporary insanity anyways.

If you are glitching like Brad Pitt in Twelve Monkeys (was that the title?) than yah....lock em up and throw the key if they can't function in society....atleast if they can't stop themselves from committing such acts.

You don't get out of vehicle homicide if you are drunk....right?

If a woman catches her old man boink'n his mistress and gets the heive-ho becuase he wants the "other" woman......running over him multiple times with her car is not temporary insanity....*blood boiling on this one* Lock her up and make her crush rocks the rest of her life.

I hate this world we live in where people don't take resposibility for there (albeit stupid) actions.

Whew I feal better now that was eating me all morning.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Rhino"I am much better now"fromWA

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
A related issue:

A guy I know/knew got beaten to deat in his apartment last week.

Everyone I know thinks they know who did it. Personally I am not sure and refuse to lay blame on anyone until I hear about some kind of proof or probably cause.

Anyway, just about everyone I know thinks its his roommate who is this clinically schitsophrenic mushroom cultivator cuy that basically eats unreal amounts of mushrooms just about every few days (when I say unreal I mean like an ounce) anyway, Ive been at this guys pad while he was flipping out an weilding a knife (I left ASAP when the knife came out). But the fact is that if he gets charged, you know he will plead insanity and he will probably get thrown into a mental ward until he's "better".

All this crap is way to close to home because I know everyone involved/have hung out at the place where this guy was beaten to death :( :mad: :confused: :angry:
Damn man.....

Think the shroom guy is smart enough to hide the fact he did it (If that is indeed the case) I hope them investigators got watched CSI the night before they got the call so they can catch whomever did it.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Damn man.....

Think the shroom guy is smart enough to hide the fact he did it (If that is indeed the case) I hope them investigators got watched CSI the night before they got the call so they can catch whomever did it.
I havent heard anything about the case or the shroom guy. I will probably learn more over the weekend. I have some friends that went to his funeral today. Curious if the shroom dude showed. Plus Im sure someone will spill the beans of how the investigation is going, surely there must be an investigation pending.