Quantcast

This is even dumber than my other tattoo

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Yesterday I felt like I'd go with my buddy to his friend's house because I was bored. When I get there, I start drinking and I find out he does tattoos. I'd seen my friend's calves before and they looked pretty good. I didn't realilze that this guy did them at his house. The tattoo guy asked if I wanted one, I slurred "Hell Yeah!" I'd wanted a rattlesnake going up my arm and then over my shoulder to my upper chest for quite a while, but I didn't have the time to get it before. He pens it out and it looks decent for a sketch. I tell him to proceed with the tattooing. Just a little over an hour later (Yeah, ONE HOUR for a snake circling my arm and coming onto my chest) he says he's done. I take my first real look at it in the mirror and I'm absolutly horrified. He sucked so bad it's rediculous. None of the lines are straight, the snake gets skinny as a mother on my shoulder and under my arm and the scales suck! The head is the only decent thing about it. Now I've got to go pay mucho bucks at a real tattoo parlor to cover it up.

Moral of the story: Don't let some bum tattoo you when you're drunk.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Jorvik said:
Yesterday I felt like I'd go with my buddy to his friend's house because I was bored. When I get there, I start drinking and I find out he does tattoos. I'd seen my friend's calves before and they looked pretty good. I didn't realilze that this guy did them at his house. The tattoo guy asked if I wanted one, I slurred "Hell Yeah!" I'd wanted a rattlesnake going up my arm and then over my shoulder to my upper chest for quite a while, but I didn't have the time to get it before. He pens it out and it looks decent for a sketch. I tell him to proceed with the tattooing. Just a little over an hour later (Yeah, ONE HOUR for a snake circling my arm and coming onto my chest) he says he's done. I take my first real look at it in the mirror and I'm absolutly horrified. He sucked so bad it's rediculous. None of the lines are straight, the snake gets skinny as a mother on my shoulder and under my arm and the scales suck! The head is the only decent thing about it. Now I've got to go pay mucho bucks at a real tattoo parlor to cover it up.

Moral of the story: Don't let some bum tattoo you when you're drunk.

Poor guy, stay away from people with tatooing devices while you're drunk.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Jorvik said:
I think the worst part of it is that I'm supposed to make up with my ex-girlfriend next weekend. I explained to her how much I matured...
Well I would scratch that off my list of to-do's. :rolleyes:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I've always wondered when I see bad tat's what the F the person was thinking. Well, thank you for the insight...

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
How the HELL did he get that done in One / ONE / 1 hour??

What did he do? Drew a straight line from one arm to the other?

This asks for pics I guess...

I got mine when I had a major hangover, was pretty narly I can tell ya. Advantage of being drunk, you can just pass out and feel zip!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
hahahaha, this is the best thread ever!!
i need to see pics. specially from the guy with the sun in the belly button...

how utterly funny is hear stories about permanent tatooes gone wrong....

btw, i dont have any, and i dont think they look good at all... but they are funny as hell when they go wrong...

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
ALEXIS_DH said:
hahahaha, this is the best thread ever!!
i need to see pics. specially from the guy with the sun in the belly button...

how utterly funny is hear stories about permanent tatooes gone wrong....

btw, i dont have any, and i dont think they look good at all... but they are funny as hell when they go wrong...
ill lurk up on him tomorrow with teh camera fone

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Speaking of tattoos...did anyone see that show on the history of tattooing on the Discovery Channel? It was crazy...some dude was covered in blue ink...even his face...then his wife was striped like a tiger all over her body including her face...and her WHISKER transplants were to take place AFTER the show aired...then there was another dude tattooed all over his body with leopard spots...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
dh girlie said:
Speaking of tattoos...did anyone see that show on the history of tattooing on the Discovery Channel? It was crazy...some dude was covered in blue ink...even his face...then his wife was striped like a tiger all over her body including her face...and her WHISKER transplants were to take place AFTER the show aired...then there was another dude tattooed all over his body with leopard spots...
The blue guy (He's called "The Enigma", think his real name is Brian?) is a cool guy, I've met him on several occasions at tattoo conventions.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
McGRP01 said:
The blue guy (He's called "The Enigma", think his real name is Brian?) is a cool guy, I've met him on several occasions at tattoo conventions.
Yeah from what I could tell on the show, he seemed like a totally normal, down to earth guy. Course, just cuz someone has tattooed themselves almost completely blue, doesn't mean they are gonna be a dick or anything! :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I have a buddy who got one on his tool- the devil riding it like a horse and grinning back at its owner over his shoulder. I've never personally witnessed it, but a girl friend of mine has. His girl had to fluff him between needle changes! They very thought makes me ill.

I'm quite happy with keeping them restricted locationally to my biceps and delts.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
I have a buddy who got one on his tool- the devil riding it like a horse and grinning back at its owner over his shoulder. I've never personally witnessed it, but a girl friend of mine has. His girl had to fluff him between needle changes! They very thought makes me ill.

I'm quite happy with keeping them restricted locationally to my biceps and delts.

wow...anyway you can get a picture of this? Was the tattoo artist a guy or a girl? Could you imagine the tattoo guy...uhh...you need more of a boner...and then how could he keep it up with a dude handling it???

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
wow...anyway you can get a picture of this? Was the tattoo artist a guy or a girl? Could you imagine the tattoo guy...uhh...you need more of a boner...and then how could he keep it up with a dude handling it???
No friggin' way I would even ask.

The artist was a guy.

He had to have his girlfrend there to fluff him, especially for the red filler work.

Given the location, it wasn't a very huge tat...although he did have to pay a premium for it. Good thing Jeff didn't go this route; it would've cost as much as a car and required the better part of a week and a case of red ink to finish! :D
I didn't believe it myself until a ballsy girl friend of mine agreed to up and ask to see it. He unabashedly displayed it to her in a bathroom at their practice space while the rest of us huddled just outside the door. Apparently, it was even very well rendered. The whole gang lived down in VA Beach and we used to roadtrip down there to see their band play whenever we were in the area to pick up some mescaline. Ahhh the good ol' days!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
llkoolkeg said:
Given the location, it wasn't a very huge tat...although he did have to pay a premium for it. Good thing Jeff didn't go this route; it would've cost as much as a car and required the better part of a week and a case of red ink to finish! :D
i don't know who jeff is, but search back in the old posts for Jorvik and you'll find that his first tattoo is in a, uh, sensitive location :think: