Quantcast

this is ground control to major biff. a race story.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
lets see ummm start, gooooooooo. really close to last going into the single track off the start. weenies, pass, pass, pass.
go, go, go
breathe
when the fairies come out it's time to slow down,
puke
run,
drink
ahhhhhhhhhhhh! (endo, broke saddle end of race.)
:(

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi
When you endoed you brok your saddle? Bummer dude.:(
still in the post race daze but:
yea it was crazy. i was totally out of control the whole time.
I was making little mistakes but no big deal. I was hauling ASS and would have turned an awesome split but i Biffed.
I had finally gotten into a "zone" and was able to catch my breath but the whole time my head wasnt in the race.
I went up there prerode and camped and wasnt really in the racing mood. all of saturday i was pretty sure i wasnt going to race so i drank like a fish.
Sunday night i didnt sleep any although it was a beautiful, cool night. Sunday morning i was filling ILL and didnt want to race but after packing up and getting a little breakfast in me i decided to give it a shot WTF right?
The wreck was awesome and pedalmasher was only about 10 seconds behind but too far out of sight. I went over this climb and it had a sharp downhill back side. Something happened, who knows, and i went ENDO still clipped in. I did 2 summersaults, still clipped in, and on the third one launched the bike into the air. When it came down it landed right on the nose of the saddle and broke it there then broke one of the rear rails. I tried to fix i and continue on. I finished up that lap, about 2 miles, and decided to call it a day because the saddle kept lopping over on its side.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
From the sound of it, I give the crash a 9.5.;) It was the double somersault that did it for me.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by The Toninator
still in the post race daze but:
yea it was crazy. i was totally out of control the whole time.
I was making little mistakes but no big deal. I was hauling ASS and would have turned an awesome split but i Biffed.
I had finally gotten into a "zone" and was able to catch my breath but the whole time my head wasnt in the race.
I went up there prerode and camped and wasnt really in the racing mood. all of saturday i was pretty sure i wasnt going to race so i drank like a fish.
Sunday night i didnt sleep any although it was a beautiful, cool night. Sunday morning i was filling ILL and didnt want to race but after packing up and getting a little breakfast in me i decided to give it a shot WTF right?
The wreck was awesome and pedalmasher was only about 10 seconds behind but too far out of sight. I went over this climb and it had a sharp downhill back side. Something happened, who knows, and i went ENDO still clipped in. I did 2 summersaults, still clipped in, and on the third one launched the bike into the air. When it came down it landed right on the nose of the saddle and broke it there then broke one of the rear rails. I tried to fix i and continue on. I finished up that lap, about 2 miles, and decided to call it a day because the saddle kept lopping over on its side.
that sucks man :( thsoe crashes always hurt the most.