Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Nice conning tower...

- and you too can have one for the low low introductory price of...

$7787.30 Canadian Pesos,

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
In today's market where every bike company is trying to come to the same conclusion of having a plush suspension that pedals efficiently, I don't think all these bikes are far apart despite the marketing behind them. I believe that the suspension manufacturer has more to do with it than the specific frame manufacturer. Besides, how many suspension designs are really out there? 5, 7, 10? Anyways, i don't think this bike is worth anymore than an aluminum version that cost literally a quarter or a fifth of it.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Purchaser's of this bike (like many expensive bikes) are:

1) Pro-Deal/Shop Deal
2) Dentists

Probably in that order.

Perhaps the pro-deal discount was already factored into the price?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sorry guys. Gonna have to skip out on the ride today. Forgot to charge the batteries in my derailleur.
Actually happened to a buddy of mine, during a ride in Arizona last year. His XT kit straight up died mid-ride.

Which is kind of funny as the dude didn't really ride that much last year, certainly not enough to drain the battery.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/super-boost-mtb-axle-standard-what-it-is-and-where-it-is-going-51686/

Such a lovely mea culpa by Da Lizurds™: "We know we're doing it wrong, but we're still going to screw your lame ass without any lube whatsoever"
Here's the problem. The problem with the industry. It's the press. Below is a picture from the article. It shows how, magically, going from Boost 148 to SuperBoostPlus157, you can now achieve MORE heel and MORE tire clearance. MASSIVE mud and tire clearance. All from a wider hub!!!!

I guess because without superboostplus, the thinner stays and yoke would clearly snap in half on a mere 148 boost hub.

What kind of moron do they think can't see this? why can't anyone call bullshit on this?

sign me,

angry bike designer that doesn't want to wrestle with more fucking standards to decide on.

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Here's the problem. The problem with the industry. It's the press. Below is a picture from the article. It shows how, magically, going from Boost 148 to SuperBoostPlus157, you can now achieve MORE heel and MORE tire clearance. MASSIVE mud and tire clearance. All from a wider hub!!!!

I guess because without superboostplus, the thinner stays and yoke would clearly snap in half on a mere 148 boost hub.

What kind of moron do they think can't see this? why can't anyone call bullshit on this?

sign me,

angry bike designer that doesn't want to wrestle with more fucking standards to decide on.
Right. On that shitty illustration it shows one drawing to be convex (148) and the other concave (156.9). That's why the new one magically has more foot clearance than the "ancient " 148.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Purchaser's of this bike (like many expensive bikes) are:

1) Pro-Deal/Shop Deal
2) Dentists

Probably in that order.

Perhaps the pro-deal discount was already factored into the price?
Trust fund managers.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

sign me,

superboost-tire-clearance-1517873742694-pyt7m4wg5fx0-630-354.jpg

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
So just to be clear, he's suggesting that bikes should be able to pedal better deeper into their travel, and he's willing to give up some traction to make that so. Correct?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm not trying to shit on the guy, far as I know he's just a small builder who wanted to make his own bike exactly how he wanted to ride one, and did an epic job with the level of mfg. Cunningham was the one who applied all the marketing douche buzzwords on it, not him. I'm just trying to make sure that's what the design ideals are.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
No, same here. If nothing else, the construction looks incredibly good for a homemade frame.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
No, same here. If nothing else, the construction looks incredibly good for a homemade frame.
This is what's GOOD in the industry. People willing to try approaching the problem in a different way......

Of course, I have no idea if it works or not.