Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
tl;dr - e-bikes basically have limiters for max speed which are apparently easy to override / unlock
Thanks. But the Shimano one isn't easy to override/unlock.
Firmware updates mean any odness with magnet placement will throw up an error message and shut it down.
I haven't heard of any hook up to PC hacks for Shimano either.
The only thing I have seen is the plug in electronic hacks that change the signal speeds. These are around £120 so not too expensive but I'd like to know how it effects inputs vs assistance level or if it creates any lag. they basically fool the head unit into thinking the wheel's turning at half the speed. and in Trail/boost there's already a slight lag

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Lololololololol !! The next Fast and Furious will have Vin Desiel racing a WRX on a "tuned" e-bike! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
It is not like Tioga and Spinergy did this for ages. And Berd spokes are making fiber spokes too, however, they can be used with any hub/rim combo.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
$6,875.00
I'm with @djjohnr on this one. That looks like about $6,875.00 worth of shredy bike to me. Most of the super expensive bikes we make fun of on here are expensive garbage but this is a solid looking rig. Sure not every kid needs it but if your kid is going to slopestyle events and racing DH it would be a lot less expensive than buying two bikes. There are some groms out there who can ride the shit out of a bike like this.

But I bet some ///Monocle ///Monkey will buy this for their kid just teach them the value of having more expensive shit than your peers :busted: :monkey:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
It's not 3 bikes in 1. Downhill and bmx are 2 completely different configurations. Not to mention the weight difference. Lol!

You could buy 3 different bikes and it would be cheaper than that overpriced pos. My gravel grinder is a TDF race bike, a gravel grinder and my enduro bike too cause, the industry said so.

Last edited:

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Plenty of rich dad mountain bikers out there looking to groom their kid to be the next world cup star. Said kid grows up racing the best equipment money can buy. Only to get his ass handed to him by the former bmx guy who didn't ride a mountain bike until he was 20 years old.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Why do all of these little full suspension bikes have shitty Fox air shocks? I'm assuming because you can't get a coil light enough? But I don't see a small kid's weight overcoming the stiction of an air shock unless it's an X2 or something similar.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ghetto fork bung solution:
A trimmed down bottle cap like this fits nicely into a tapered steerer tube to keep "party favours" safe.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The space is ABOVE the cap. I'm pretty sure an entire steerer full would last a ride. Cheech.

The cap is the bung. you need to trim it down so the other 3/4 isn't hanging out the steerer.