Quantcast

***This is your Tuesday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sounds like this backfired in a good way.

i think i'm gonna start Gray on planet earth.

speaking of kids, t-minus 3 weeks until numero dos.
There's some scary shit in Planet Earth from a kid's perspective.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

Almost died on the bike ride last night. There was a rat dog on the other side of the street I didn't see (but Abbey sure did) and she bolted in front of me. We happen to be on the sidewalk heading back home (against flow of traffic), I managed to hop the curb and stop before running her over or hitting the parked car. She almost came out of her collar and was scared, mostly from my cursing I'm sure. But we took a minute to gather our thoughts and made it home. There is some work to do still, but damn she is a great dog.

Still can't find the smell, rented a storage unit and will vacate the garage by this weekend. If I can't find it then, I will call the fire dept.
Are you sure the smell is coming from the garage? Checked your attic for any dead animals?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are you sure the smell is coming from the garage? Checked your attic for any dead animals?
It seems like it is coming from there. I haven never gone into the attic (been in the house 3 years), guess I should check it out. The wife swears it smells like gas and I keep telling her I know what gas smells like. I still think it smells like stale tire air. :panic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It seems like it is coming from there. I haven never gone into the attic (been in the house 3 years), guess I should check it out. The wife swears it smells like gas and I keep telling her I know what gas smells like. I still think it smells like stale tire air. :panic:
maybe your garage has a secret basement with a dead gimp

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Gas...stale air....Is your new pup sitting there smiling in the corner?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkeys.

Almost died on the bike ride last night. There was a rat dog on the other side of the street I didn't see (but Abbey sure did) and she bolted in front of me. We happen to be on the sidewalk heading back home (against flow of traffic), I managed to hop the curb and stop before running her over or hitting the parked car. She almost came out of her collar and was scared, mostly from my cursing I'm sure. But we took a minute to gather our thoughts and made it home. There is some work to do still, but damn she is a great dog.

Still can't find the smell, rented a storage unit and will vacate the garage by this weekend. If I can't find it then, I will call the fire dept.
Do you have a natural gas line in your home ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty much all Sushi everywhere arrives at the restaurants frozen.
my understanding is that most sushi is frozen to kill any potential bacteria, parasites, etc. deep freezing generally accomplishes the same thing as cooking, but uses extreme low temps instead of high.

a quick google indicates most sushi is required by law to be frozen for food safety reasons.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do you have a natural gas line in your home ?
We do, water heater, furnace and fire place are gas. It isn't an egg smell, doesn't seem to be coming from either the valve outside the garage, or either of the garage located appliances. The fireplace hasn't worked in a couple years and I shut the valve off a while back.

Once we get the garage cleared out, the fire department will do an inspection if we can't find it. Either them or the gas folks.

I haven't so much as run the motos in over a year and they have been sitting mostly free of gas since. I seriously don;t think it's gas, but it is something.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Every time I hear things about stuff going on within my extended family, I remember why I have no contact with any of said extended family.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
We do, water heater, furnace and fire place are gas. It isn't an egg smell, doesn't seem to be coming from either the valve outside the garage, or either of the garage located appliances. The fireplace hasn't worked in a couple years and I shut the valve off a while back.

Once we get the garage cleared out, the fire department will do an inspection if we can't find it. Either them or the gas folks.

I haven't so much as run the motos in over a year and they have been sitting mostly free of gas since. I seriously don;t think it's gas, but it is something.
The gas company will most likely come out and check free of charge. They don't like losing product or being liable for accidents.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
sounds like this backfired in a good way.

i think i'm gonna start Gray on planet earth.

speaking of kids, t-minus 3 weeks until numero dos.
A month from Thursday for us.

Shit is getting real.
:panic::panic::panic:

There was one time when a bag of potatoes had fallen behind the shelf in my basement. it was the worse smell I'd ever smelt (including a decomposing fawn that had gotten caught up in a combine harvester and crawled into our field to die that my dog had been rolling in for a week). I thought I had dropped a dirty diaper somewhere and that it was festering. But it was worse, so much worse. it's unbelievable how smelly rotting potatoes can get. :fie:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There was one time when a bag of potatoes had fallen behind the shelf in my basement. it was the worse smell I'd ever smelt (including a decomposing fawn that had gotten caught up in a combine harvester and crawled into our field to die that my dog had been rolling in for a week). I thought I had dropped a dirty diaper somewhere and that it was festering. But it was worse, so much worse. it's unbelievable how smelly rotting potatoes can get. :fie:
The wife was using a bag of frozen Edamame in the bedroom and it had fallen off the bed. That was a funk, it was only there a couple days tops (her side of the bed is a disaster :rofl: ) but that was close to rotting corpse funk, too.

The plus side being I am finally cleaning out the garage and tossing/donating/burning a ton of crap. But I am also consolidating a ton too, I even found a bunch of tools. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@jonKranked - Chile has been delivered! Tell the wife to pick that shit up before it gets stolen by pepper needing Penntucky residents.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that shit can kill you, too:

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002875.htm