Quantcast

***This is your Tuesday GMT***

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Boss: I had a good idea. We should pull that schedule of quirky data entry records we had last year, so it can help remind us of those quirks while we do this current big batch of data entry.

Me: We already distributed that list.

Boss: Are you sure? I don't remember that.

Me: You asked me to do this months ago, and I did it.

Boss: I don't think so, so do it again.

/boss

*Staff hands me printed copy of email he had on his desk, with this exact issue, sent in February*

*Walk to boss and show him email, which he was copied on*

Boss: Are you sure this is right?

Me: Yes.

Boss: This doesn't seem right.

/me

No thanks. No acknowledgement. Just doubt and dissatisfaction at timely handling of my duties.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Smote. No?
Et tu, Brute?

I took my inspiration here: And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars ; and the third part of them was darkened, that the day should not shine for the third part of it [snip]

FSM

in this bullshit mess.
Jul 1, 2013
Always and Every Where
Et tu, Brute?

I took my inspiration here: And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars ; and the third part of them was darkened, that the day should not shine for the third part of it [snip]
I'm not sure that the Bible is where one should go looking when in search of factual accuracy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New engine installed into the boat. Went with a Volvo Marine instead of Cummings. PTO and everything. Deep water chain replaced. Rot in chain bin repaired. New generator and pump on the way. Dock is below the water and some fuck head who can't tie a useful knot has been outed for being a idiot again. Lots of debris in the lake. Pulled a kid into shore after he lost his sail. Filled my tank at his Marina on his dime. Once again if you can't tie a knot you should stay at home.
Coast Guard left me alone as I know what no wake means. Packet should have been barged or trailered. We had to stop and pump it out 5 times. Narrow boats and open water are always a bad idea. Get to take it through the Welland canal in 3 weeks. The Jennifer L lives on. 49 feet of Power and Rust. I can't wait for her to get back into service or sell her. Saw a line of Trawlers from Montauk in the lake. Nets and all. I don't know what they are going for but I wish them luck. They were heading east.
A Canadian AF F-15 zoomed us way way across the border, like 13 miles in. I thought about putting a Flare up. Just because Flares are fun to play with. If the owner wasn't with me. I would have started a war. I regaled him with stories of when I crashed his boat and my other nautical exploits and misdeeds. He was pretty happy when Rochester came into view.
Blister.jpg

Painful blister was my reward. No pay or lunch or anything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So... I dropped the M off at BMW last night to have the airbag replaced under recall. They always run their analysis to get you to pay a bunch of money while it's there. This one made me lol.
Including:

Power steering hose leak - $750 my shop, the ultra high-end performance shop said it's not worth worrying about, just top off
Oil leak at oil filter housing - $470 It burns oil slightly, I top it off every other week. There is no leak here.
Windshield washer pump replacement - $160 done when the car was off the ground last year
Windshield Intensive spray pump leaking - $112 This works, there is a hole in the hose for the normal washer line
Oil Change - $81 (not including oil) Done 3k ago with 0w-60 M-spec oil that lasts 7500 miles
Spark plug replacement - $482 Done when the car was off the ground last year
Rear diff service - $168 Done when the car was off the ground last year
O2 sensors - $1543.74 Done when the car was off the ground last year
There's a bunch of other stuff too.

Of the estimated $5500 in repairs, $2500 was done with the car was off the ground last year. $1500 are things that are fully working or not worth repairing. Only $1500 are things that need to be dealt with, all of which I am aware of and my shop told me I can not worry about until the leak in the oil pan gets notable or the camshaft bearings are making noise. The only thing they found new is a broken swaybar bracket which they want $140 - that's a $40 part and 45min to install.

Oh dealers... how I love thee.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So... I dropped the M off at BMW last night to have the airbag replaced under recall. They always run their analysis to get you to pay a bunch of money while it's there. This one made me lol.
Including:

Power steering hose leak - $750 my shop, the ultra high-end performance shop said it's not worth worrying about, just top off
Oil leak at oil filter housing - $470 It burns oil slightly, I top it off every other week. There is no leak here.
Windshield washer pump replacement - $160 done when the car was off the ground last year
Windshield Intensive spray pump leaking - $112 This works, there is a hole in the hose for the normal washer line
Oil Change - $81 (not including oil) Done 3k ago with 0w-60 M-spec oil that lasts 7500 miles
Spark plug replacement - $482 Done when the car was off the ground last year
Rear diff service - $168 Done when the car was off the ground last year
O2 sensors - $1543.74 Done when the car was off the ground last year
There's a bunch of other stuff too.

Of the estimated $5500 in repairs, $2500 was done with the car was off the ground last year. $1500 are things that are fully working or not worth repairing. Only $1500 are things that need to be dealt with, all of which I am aware of and my shop told me I can not worry about until the leak in the oil pan gets notable or the camshaft bearings are making noise. The only thing they found new is a broken swaybar bracket which they want $140 - that's a $40 part and 45min to install.

Oh dealers... how I love thee.
I once took my 3 yo Volvo to a dealer for some trivial fix. They ran their "analysis", told me about $8500 absolutely critically needed repairs and informed me about a nice pre-owned car that could be mine just for $26k instead. The car was running ok for another 10 years without any of those issues present. Fuck dealers.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Buddy bailed on tonights ride, as predicted. His text came in at 5:30 from his parents shop, so I'm questioning the validity of said excuse.

Set off solo anyways. Two pedal strokes from my car going out to the trail head, the small bolt on my rear axle went PING.

Rode anyways and carried a 5mm allen key in my pocket. Axle was every so slightly loose once, but after tightening it one more time it was good from then on. I hope Banshee has replacements in stock....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i like that LGA had founders breakfast stout at their fancy food counters. i don't like that it's $10. i do like that work is paying for it. happy to be back in no. cack.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Set off solo anyways. Two pedal strokes from my car going out to the trail head, the small bolt on my rear axle went PING.

Rode anyways and carried a 5mm allen key in my pocket. Axle was every so slightly loose once, but after tightening it one more time it was good from then on. I hope Banshee has replacements in stock....
That's just one of them fancy, sissy-boy, security bolts lawyers try to make real men use. Grow a pair Nancy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hmph. Does not look like bike riding weather at all tomorrow. Shame because I have the time…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He'll hold the door for his cronies probably. He is a business man, let's not forget.
His cronies are the pharma and booze industries and all things obsolete that still have a marginal hold on relevancy with a bleak future. The folks that find it easier to purchase a halt on progress rather than adapt themselves.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
His cronies are the pharma and booze industries and all things obsolete that still have a marginal hold on relevancy with a bleak future. The folks that find it easier to purchase a halt on progress rather than adapt themselves.
Well the NWO needs farmers for their Mars colonies... I bet they'll be looking to the cannabis industry in a few years for candidates.

Last edited: