Quantcast

this rumor again...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
VZW to get IPhone Tuesday?

Well, here we are: the Wall Street Journal says Verizon will indeed announce the iPhone at its mysterious Tuesday event, according to "a source familiar with the matter." That's all the info the Journal has, but we'd say that all but seals it at this point -- and you know we'll be there live when it happens.
from Apple.com...i mean Engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/wall-street-journal-verizon-to-announce-iphone-on-tuesday/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/07/verizon-holding-event-tuesday-in-nyc-but-for-what/

Gizmodo wont be there :rofl:

http://gizmodo.com/5727934/the-verizon-iphone-will-be-announced-on-january-11?skyline=true&s=i

moegocanes

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Northern California
I think thats the case. I saw a video of a rumored verizon iphone (apple had the video removed) with slight changes in the guts but looked like a normal iphone 4.

on a personal note I got rid of my iPhone 4 a couple of weeks ago and got a Windows Phone 7. Dont regret it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Last edited:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
The WiFi hotspot feature (i.e. built-in tethering) is nice but not being able to use data/voice simultaneously on Verizon's CDMA network is pretty weak.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wonder if they are getting the new Iphone in June since they are already getting the revised Iphone 4 next month. will the 2nd gen 4G chips even be out by then?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
i wonder if they are getting the new Iphone in June since they are already getting the revised Iphone 4 next month.
Not likely. apples current business model is to put out a model with missing features common to other phones, and doing a release once a year touting "new" functionality. Most people then end up buying the new model each year, and starting another 2-yr contract. :rant:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Yeah the current VZ LTE price plans are look pretty expensive. After seeing bittorrent sites in the market and the broadband capabilities of these phones I see why.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Not likely. apples current business model is to put out a model with missing features common to other phones, and doing a release once a year touting "new" functionality. Most people then end up buying the new model each year, and starting another 2-yr contract. :rant:
Unfortunately this works all too well for them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah the current VZ LTE price plans are look pretty expensive. After seeing bittorrent sites in the market and the broadband capabilities of these phones I see why.
yea, this is something i'm gonna have to consider when upgrading to lte. I use close to 2gigs per month on my phone (on average) so I would definitely be affected. But I think some users are grandfathered in... not sure if it applies to lte tho. Gotta look into it more.