Quantcast

This should end well

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Our good friend Cliven Bundy is back to flapping his freedom hole.

Elder Cliven said:
"If the standoff with the Bundys was wrong, would the Lord have been with us?" Bundy asked, noting that no one was killed as tensions escalated. "Could those people that stood without fear and went through that spiritual experience … have done that without the Lord being there? No they couldn't."
This does beg the question of where was Cliven's god when the police officers where shot by his followers in Las Vegas? Or where was he when the Highway Patrol man and BLM officer were shot in California? Maybe god's protection works a bit like wifi. If you are too far away from Cliven, you need to find a different network.

In a related note, Cliven has some strange thoughts on the constitution.

Elder Cliven said:
"If our (U.S.) Constitution is an inspired document by our Lord Jesus Christ, then isn't it scripture?" he asked.

"Yes," a chorus of voices replied.

"Isn't it the same as the Book of Mormon and the Bible?" Bundy asked.

"Absolutely," the audience answered.
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/local/2014/08/02/bundy-showdown-feds-spiritual-battle/13536097/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NOW he believes in the State. Also, I assume he believes the judicial system that he thinks shouldn't exist will take his side in this case?
did you catch this part at the end?

Bundy said Wednesday that technically he is within his rights to make a claim of his own against Beck.

“The person whose car hit that cow is liable to me,” he said.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
did you catch this part at the end?
I don't know about agricultural liability in Nevada, but in Cali, if you hit any livestock, in posted "open range" you were responsible for the deceased animal. The same held true for for orange tress and other crops actually too, though the chances of an orange tree wandering into the street in the middle of the night obviously aren't that good. The problem with Bundy's argument, assuming that NV law is even kind of similar to CA law, is that 1: The freeway is obviously not "open range", and 2: It is the ranchers responsibility to maintain fence in areas that aren't open grazing plots. I had friends in high school who bought both cattle and lemon trees courtesy of their automotive insurance policies.

edit: Not to imply that the "Law" and its enforcement is something that Bundy is all that concerned with.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
So he's supposed to maintain a fence around the land he is illegally grazing on? The terrorists have won.
I honestly hadn't thought about that part. I don't know how that's supposed to work in this situation with rancher hee-haw. I suppose if he was actually leasing the land he'd have something in his agreement with BLM about who would be responsible for maintenance and up keep of the land. In the current situation, if the property where the fence was down belongs to the feds, are the feds responsible, or is the rancher responsible for not maintaining control of his herd? I hope this woman has gotten a really good lawyer. There has got to be some suit @ BLM who has been waiting for something like this.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Nevada State Law sayeth:
244.355. Animals running at large on highways may be prohibited by ordinance
1. The boards of county commissioners of the respective counties are authorized, upon petition of 20 percent of the taxpayers residing in any district herein defined, to pass ordinances prohibiting horses, cattle, swine, goats or sheep from running at large upon any portion of the roads and highways within the district which are fenced on both sides.

2. The petition may be presented at any regular or special meeting of any board of county commissioners, and shall define the boundaries of the district sought to be established, and shall pray that such district may be established and that an ordinance may be passed by the board of county commissioners prohibiting any of the livestock mentioned in subsection 1 from running at large therein.

3. The boards of county commissioners are authorized and empowered to provide in such ordinance for the impounding and sale of any such livestock running at large within such district, and making a violation of any of the provisions of the ordinance a misdemeanor and punishable as such.
568.300. Herding or grazing of livestock on land of another without consent unlawful; liability for damages; attachment
1. It shall be unlawful for any person to herd or graze any livestock upon the lands of another without having first obtained the consent of the owner of the lands so to do. The person claiming to be the owner of such lands shall have the legal title thereto, or an application to purchase the same with the first payment made thereon.

2. The livestock which is herded or grazed upon the lands of another, contrary to the provisions of subsection 1, shall be liable for all damages done by such livestock while being unlawfully herded or grazed on the lands of another, together with costs of suit and reasonable counsel fees, to be fixed by the court trying an action therefor. The livestock may be seized and held by a writ of attachment, issued in the same manner as provided in chapter 31 or 71 of NRS, as security for the payment of any judgment which may be recovered by the owner of such lands for damages incurred by reason of violation of any of the provisions of this section. The claim and lien of a judgment or attachment in such an action shall be superior to any claim or demand which arose subsequent to the commencement of the action.

3. This section shall not apply to any livestock running at large on the ranges or commons.
568.355. "Open range" defined
As used in NRS 568.360 and 568.370, unless the context otherwise requires, "open range" means all unenclosed land outside of cities and towns upon which cattle, sheep or other domestic animals by custom, license, lease or permit are grazed or permitted to roam.
568.360. Duties of owners of domestic animals with respect to domestic animals upon the highway
1. No person, firm or corporation owning, controlling or in possession of any domestic animal running on open range has the duty to keep the animal off any highway traversing or located on the open range, and no such person, firm or corporation is liable for damages to any property or for injury to any person caused by any collision between a motor vehicle and the animal occurring on such a highway.

2. Any person, firm or corporation negligently allowing a domestic animal to enter within a fenced right of way of a highway is liable for damages caused by a collision between a motor vehicle and the animal occurring on the highway.
569.440. Liability caused by trespassing livestock; liability of landowner for injury to trespassing livestock; trespassing livestock treated as estrays
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 569.461 and 569.471:

(a) If any livestock break into any grounds enclosed by a legal fence, the owner or manager of the livestock is liable to the owner of the enclosed premises for all damages sustained by the trespass. If the trespass is repeated by neglect of the owner or manager of the livestock, he is for the second and every subsequent offense or trespass, liable for double the damages of the trespass to the owner of the premises.
TL;DR: I read all that as Bundy would be responsible if he was legally leasing, and even if he isn't legally leasing. If anything, Bundy owes the feds for the fence, but I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
a challenge to what? i picutre it like the school challenge in billy madison.

"Mr. Bundy, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Important phrase- "Their claim has changed...It goes from there being no federal government, to there is a federal government and it protects my right to bear arms, to waiving the Constitution around when it's the Constitution that's really their problem."

There is no gubbmint, so the Constitution is invalid, to I love the Constitution as it protects my right to be a bass ackwards hick with too many guns and not enough brains.