Quantcast

this trail is so far above my skill set

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
There is a trail in the Soquel Demonstation Forest whose name shall not be uttered ( just think Burt Reynolds in a canoe) that the first 100' is an insanely steep chute that then goes across a thin traverse onto a couple of hundred yards of riding a knife edge before entering into normal insane steep forest riding. I crashed 4 times in the chute dabbed on the traverse and almost shit myself on the knife edge. I rode it once and was just happy to have not killed myself

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
No. Just No.

The damn sport is dangerous enough without adding massive exposure. I have never understood the attraction to this type of trail. :nope:
#IMBAwasNOThere

Can not be that hard if you can drink shots in the breaks on the ride. ;)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
#IMBAwasNOThere

Can not be that hard if you can drink shots in the breaks on the ride. ;)
It is not the trail technicality, that, I have no issues with. I like tech trails.
It is the fact that we all fuck up once in a while. Clip a pedal, small washout, collapse into a hole at the wrong time, etc etc. Just too much could go wrong. Getting spit out into a tree or some rocks is bad enough. God knows I've got the broken bones to prove it, but in this case it isn't just a broken bone, cuts and contusions., but splattered punkin'

To each their own, but for me, the massive additional risk is just not worth a little extra bit of adrenaline.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fair enough. I haven't been riding stuff like that for a while, but I usually enjoyed it. I just hate these narrow tunnels. I guess @sethimus rides stuff like that frequently considering where he is located.