Quantcast

This weekend's beers of choice

Davieslad

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
ive never tried that stuff, but the best beer ive had (well ale) was called old engine oil... one of the pubs in town sells it-it is the thickest ale ive ever drunk, and its 9% too, and strangely doesnt taste like special brew...

or if lagers your thing then have any of you lot over the pond tried mutzig? that stuff is great-only place ive seen it is in les gets and morzine in france...
ed

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Davieslad said:
ive never tried that stuff, but the best beer ive had (well ale) was called old engine oil... one of the pubs in town sells it-it is the thickest ale ive ever drunk, and its 9% too, and strangely doesnt taste like special brew...

or if lagers your thing then have any of you lot over the pond tried mutzig? that stuff is great-only place ive seen it is in les gets and morzine in france...
ed
1st post? Welcome the the :monkey: !! :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
My beer of choice latley has been Negra Modelo, with lime. Drink it like soda. Its one of the best mexican import beers. Dark amber....

I also stopped by a chevron station this weekend that had the best unique beer selection ive seen in a long time. GOt 2 bottles of St Petes, (green oval bottles) 1 was then old style porter, the other a cream stout. Good thing im almost off work... want a GOOD cold beer baadly....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I bought a sampler pack of Shipyard brews a year or so ago and I was unimpressed - but maybe I got a bad batch.

I am howver a big fan of Smuttynose brews!! :drool:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
narlus said:
picked up these last night:

Anchor Small? What are you, a sissy or something? It's like 3%, right?
I mean, you should just get a small, and then pour a Foghorn into it. That would give you a normal Anchor, right? :rolleyes:

Actually, the Small kicks ass. Really nice tasting beer. I have not seen it in my neck of the woods (NYC) for a while....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i liked the smoked porter better than the small. maybe it was a tough transition between the two.

picked up some anderson valley IPA also and that was damned good. a bit pricey though.

was very tempted to get a couple of the oddball dogfish offerings too (pangea, immort ale, world wide stout) but didn't.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I will be consuming mass quantities of Davidson Bros. IPA (www.sayipa.com) this weekend!! Friday official marks me making it one month without any alcohol consumption and I plan on making up for lost time! :devil: