Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bombing brown people kills a lot of brown people, and those lives matter to me as well. Trump has stated that Iraq was a clusterfuck whereas Hillary supported it and continues to claim that the emperor has clothes...

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Bombing brown people kills a lot of brown people, and those lives matter to me as well. Trump has stated that Iraq was a clusterfuck whereas Hillary supported it and continues to claim that the emperor has clothes...
Do you really think the thinnest skinned man to ever live would not be a foreign policy disaster? I get the Hilary hate on some level but she is miles above any of the republicans when it comes to foreign policy.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Trump already promised to bomb the shit out of Isis. Problem with this is that Isis has not attacked us. If they are threatening allies, then maybe, but this is where you could easily go wrong and spawn the next generation of terrorists and enemies, in the perpetual shitshow known as the Middle East.

Looked like he was chomping at the bit to throw-down with Iran too. I think a war with Iran is pretty much a given if we get a republican president (and congress).

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Recent privacy violations settlements:

Erin Andrews Wins $55 Million In Hotel Peephole Lawsuit

$115 million verdict in Hulk Hogan sex-tape

Recent settlement for murdering a black child:

Tamir Rice shooting: Cleveland to pay $6 million to settle family's lawsuit

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Those other verdicts will be trimmed down in appeals as they're ridiculous. $6M is on the high side for wrongful death, no? I predict that money will be pissed away within 5 years anyway.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Those other verdicts will be trimmed down in appeals as they're ridiculous. $6M is on the high side for wrongful death, no?
It is the going rate for murder by cop. Generally those settle out of court which could explain the difference in results. Someone with the means to fully pursue a lawsuit to the very end will likely obtain a significantly higher payoff.

I predict that money will be pissed away within 5 years anyway.
Yeah because all black people are bad with money, LOL. I'm sure the lawyers walked away with more than half.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Those other verdicts will be trimmed down in appeals as they're ridiculous. $6M is on the high side for wrongful death, no? I predict that money will be pissed away within 5 years anyway.
"in other news, stock prices in Newport cigarettes and FUBU hit an all time high this afternoon..."

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Have you ever been to Islamic countries? Have you ever seen any white people there? They could be fucking purple and youre gubment would still blow them up so they can keep their warmachine going.
Im sure as soon as they run out of brown people theyll find a reason to bomb white people to make money, but its so much easier to blame Islam and start a fucking war to protect "teh children".

Theres a difference between faking a motive for war over a race issue and faking a motive for war over a religious issue...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
To me it looks like racism, rampant paranoia and extreme stupidity all rolled into one.
(with a side helping of police brutality for good measure)

United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals are being urged not to wear national dress outside the region, days after an Emirati man was detained in the US.

Ohio broadcaster WEWS reported that police received a call from the sister of a hotel clerk who had said there was a man "in full headdress with multiple disposable phones pledging his allegiance to Isis" [another name for IS].

Police later received a call from the employee's father alleging the same thing.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So what I see is the information age has totally stripped us naked. There were things that were going on, but they never made the news, or got seen by enough people to cause any kind of reaction by the population. We've all known super bigoted or racist people, but without seeing any kind of significant effects, most of us have turned a blind eye. Now with dash-cams, body-cams, cell-phones, the internet, this all comes out and is instantly known. This was all sitting there latent and worst of all (to me), some people can't admit this is the case. They immediately want to put it back on the people protesting it, labeling them terrorists or saying they should all be killed. It's sad how sick our country is and how the racist behavior has been defended. Now, certain people ARE pissed about what has been going on and what people have been getting away with. With no recourse, they feel boxed in because time and time again people are getting away with murder or simply not having extreme bias that is causing physical harm, infringement of rights and deaths. Simple things like pulling over black people, because they are black, and not pulling over white people, because they are white, when crimes are committed by the associated race. Sure, there may be situations where pulling over someone is justified (only person around here in a car, likely to be the suspect because of that), but people don't even realize they are doing it because of race and they don't realize what the connotations of that are, nor do they realize how that affects our rights. That needs to stop, but things are coming to a point because of inaction on the various levels. It feels like it's not going to be a good time to be a minority or just "not white" in the near future.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So what I see is the information age has totally stripped us naked. There were things that were going on, but they never made the news, or got seen by enough people to cause any kind of reaction by the population. We've all known super bigoted or racist people, but without seeing any kind of significant effects, most of us have turned a blind eye. Now with dash-cams, body-cams, cell-phones, the internet, this all comes out and is instantly known. This was all sitting there latent and worst of all (to me), some people can't admit this is the case. They immediately want to put it back on the people protesting it, labeling them terrorists or saying they should all be killed. It's sad how sick our country is and how the racist behavior has been defended. Now, certain people ARE pissed about what has been going on and what people have been getting away with. With no recourse, they feel boxed in because time and time again people are getting away with murder or simply not having extreme bias that is causing physical harm, infringement of rights and deaths. Simple things like pulling over black people, because they are black, and not pulling over white people, because they are white, when crimes are committed by the associated race. Sure, there may be situations where pulling over someone is justified (only person around here in a car, likely to be the suspect because of that), but people don't even realize they are doing it because of race and they don't realize what the connotations of that are, nor do they realize how that affects our rights. That needs to stop, but things are coming to a point because of inaction on the various levels. It feels like it's not going to be a good time to be a minority or just "not white" in the near future.
Related