Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
...and this opens another Monkey-thought provoking query...why the fuck are we so scared of those who look different than we do? On the inside, we are biologically the same, only an accident of evolution has turned some of our skin darker than others. Why cant we as the human race, capable of doing such wonders of science and art, literature and technology, accept others who simply look different than we do?

In short...wtf is wrong with us?
Lizard brain. Different = scary. If this election has shown us anything, it's that there are an incredibly large number of people still stuck in the primordial ooze.

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
As a blended person of an ancestry that's classic Northern New Mexican (Native American/Iberian Peninsula/Northern African) I find any racial group wanting entitlements silly in this day and age for this exact reason:

..., we are biologically the same, only an accident of evolution has turned some of our skin darker than others. [We all are] capable of doing such wonders of science and art, literature and technology...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...yet you approve of other sociological subgroups (Such as rich folks...) receiving entitlements at the expense of other, not so privileged groups?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I grew up in NYC. I saw people of many colors in the flesh and realized all people have the opportunity to be assholes. Many people in small towns in the Midwest who never venture outside their home county may have only been exposed to brown people on TV, and with today's stream of garbage on said medium...
There are assholes of every race, creed color and religion/lack thereof...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
There may be a lot of differences between different people, but we have more similarities between us all. The differences should be fun and celebrated.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
...yet you approve of other sociological subgroups (Such as rich folks...) receiving entitlements at the expense of other, not so privileged groups?
My platform, were I to run for POTUS, would be of a flat tax for corporations and people alike (or is that redundant after Citizens United? :D) with a fixed family deduction tied to half the median family income level and no others. No mortgage interest deduction, no yacht/jet deductions, etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lizard brain. Different = scary. If this election has shown us anything, it's that there are still an incredibly large number of people still stuck in the primordial ooze.
i think part of this is the aspect that many of these people with these fears simply haven't met / interacted with anyone of these religions / ethnicities / orientations. its one thing to hate an idea or a label, but it's different when it's Bob or Linda or Kareem, ie someone with a name and a face.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My platform, were I to run for POTUS, would be of a flat tax for corporations and people alike (or is that redundant after Citizens United? :D) with a fixed family deduction tied to half the median family income level and no others. No mortgage interest deduction, no yacht/jet deductions, etc.
and your stance on 27.5+?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
and your stance on 27.5+?
People should have the choice to buy or not buy in this or other matters. Let the market decide since there are no hidden external costs from that choice, as far as I can tell.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
People should have the choice to buy or not buy in this or other matters. Let the market decide since there are no hidden external costs from that choice, as far as I can tell.
very trumpian of you.....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
George W. Bush let five UNSC resolutions pass against Israel, called on Israel to end the occupation of Palestinian land, called for a contiguous Palestinian state unfettered by Israeli settlements, condemned the settlement enterprise repeatedly, withheld U.S. loan guarantees to Israel, implemented strict restrictions on Israeli travel to the U.S., condemned the building of Israel's security wall, condemned Israel's attacks on Gaza, pushed Israel into the Annapolis conference and the Road Map, sold weapons to Arab states in violation of an agreement with Israel, pressured Israel to allow Hamas to run in the Palestinian elections, prosecuted AIPAC staffers for espionage, and refused to support an Israeli bombing run on Iran's nuclear facilities. Nonetheless, his last year in office, with the financial support of Sheldon Adelson no less, he was honored at the first Israeli President's Conference (which I attended) as Israel's protector and the best friend Israel has ever had in the White House. If you think Barack Obama is an antisemite and anti-Israel, it's not because his Israel policies are worse for Israel than Bush's — in fact they're far better. It's because he's black and you are, in fact, a racist.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I wish this was more common; the memorializing of crazy people being crazy, so voters, general public and the crazies can be reminded time to time.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
he wants to be a martyr. i kind of hope they see through it leave his ass to rot in solitary and stretch it out as long as possible...
If we could do that and make his parents pay the bill for being sh!tty parents, I would be all for it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
DWB

It's not a stereotype if the case is always true.

"This isn't racist, it's a fact. Predominantly, the criminal profile of people who do it [commit crime] are black people. So, naturally, if you see a car full of black lads, maybe dressed in gangster-style clothing or whatever, when they're driving down here, they're getting stopped."