Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
A black off-duty cop tried to help stop a crime. Another officer shot him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/25/a-black-off-duty-cop-tried-to-help-stop-a-crime-another-officer-shot-him/?utm_term=.3c404d2b70f8

The black cop's attorney is upset that they treated his client like just another black guy on the street :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tate said the incident was a case of “a black professional, in law enforcement, himself being shot and treated as an ordinary black guy on the street. This is a real problem.”

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
charlottesville, and the comments using that hashtag, are a fucking shitshow but sadly reflective of a good portion ofnour country and its current predicament. #smh

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
charlottesville, and the comments using that hashtag, are a fucking shitshow but sadly reflective of a good portion ofnour country and its current predicament. #smh
It's no better here. Especially if you read what Polish people think about race issue in America. Imagine a stereotypical polish cop but worse but then again we elected our own Trumps but they are not loosing popularity.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
well then you're part of the problem
In which way?
I'm certainly not part of the silent acquiescent group.
I've been vocal on here, on facebook, on twitter and in real world.
I coped a bit of abuse over Thursday to Saturday as the wall of my breweries booth at Beervana was highly political and anti trump.
Not sad at all that I reduced an american tourist to tears made several more have fits of rage and also had security throw a ranty right wing south african out of the beer festival.
The wall to the left I should have taken a pic of as well but didn't had sprayed on it "Never again" & "no more fascists"
And a pic of Trump with a red blot from a paintball gun between the eyes.

IMG1950.jpg

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
trump approval's one thing and i'm not saying it's not a problem but the acutal percentage of people who belong to the fringe hate groups is very small versus the disproportionate amount of attention they crave and unfortunately receive.
Fringe hate groups are one thing but fucking assholes who can go eat a bunch of dicks are another.
According to my latest calculations were talking about a group of approximately 69.5%.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread.

From an Audio Forum I belong to ( Pinkfishmedia.net )

Originally Posted by limono
Yeah right , like British empire didn't have anything in common with slavery and genocide and the American ruling class was not descendent from that culture.

Reply by Tones
Although the British did get rid of it rather earlier. It was banished in the UK in the 18th century and throughout the Empire in the early 19th century.

There's a fascinating book that opines that the US independence was not about taxation without representation, but about slavery:

https://www.amazon.com/Slave-Nation-.../dp/1402206976

Written by two distinguished lawyers, it tells the story of how an American colonist came to England with his personal "manservant", picturesquely called Somerset. Somerset saw that his fellow coloureds in England were free, so why couldn't he be? So he took it to court and won. This sent a shock of horror through the Virginian gentlefolk whose wealth was largely measured in slaves, and they saw the possibility that this court decision might well be enforced in the colonies - and this they couldn't tolerate.

I have not heard of this theory.....
This ring any bells for anybody - thoughts?