Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Some black former pastor is running for the GOP ticket to be the Lt. Gov of VA. He compared Planned Parenthood to KKK in an interview over the weekend.

F-ing moron...wack-ass nut. I mean...really?
true
PP has killed more black babies than the KKK

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
basically...barry to audience...."thanks for carrying my water....but it's only racism when i'm being fvcked with."

?

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Not too surprising, TN is a wee bit basakwards. They did after all pass a bill allowing people to carry guns into bars because we all know how well alcohol and firearms go together. So it's no real stretch that intolerant, hypocritical Christians would chooses to ignore the freedom of religion that the First Amendment protects and protest the religious rights of other groups.

But you can be certain that most of those TN mouth breathers will beat their chest over the Second Amendment if their right to carry an assault rifle is even vaguely threatened.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323495604578539283518855020.html

tl;dr - if you refuse applicants, and they can be categorized by race, the gubment will getcha
You know that this has been the case since at least 1977 as decided by the Supreme Court in Dothard v. Rawlinson, right? (Or at least that was gender discrimination, which is a less-protected class than race)

In Dothard v. Rawlinson (1977), the U.S. Supreme Court addressed how Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which forbids sex discrimination in the workplace, applied to a state prison's employment policies regarding prison correctional officers. At the time, Alabama had a statute that specified that prison guards must be at least five feet, two inches tall and weigh at least 120 pounds. The plaintiff in Dothard, a female applicant for a prison correctional officer position within an Alabama maximum-security facility, alleged that this policy, although seemingly neutral with regard to gender, had a discriminatory impact in practice. Namely, women were
far less likely than men to meet the state's minimum physical standards. The weight and height requirements in question disqualified about 40% of female applicants, and only 1% of male applicants. The Court held that once a plaintiff demonstrates that an employment policy has a disparate impact on the basis of sex, the burden of proof then shifts to the employer, who must show that there is a manifest relationship between the specified qualifications and the employment in question. The plaintiff would then have the opportunity to demonstrate that “other selection devices without a similar discriminatory effect would also serve the employer's legitimate interest in efficient and trustworthy workmanship.”

In Dothard v. Rawlinson, the Court ruled that the plaintiff did indeed establish a prima facie case of sex discrimination and that the state did not demonstrate the validity of using height and weight standards to measure an applicant's ability to serve as a correctional officer. As a result, the minimum height and weight requirements were held to be in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The Supreme Court thus paved the way to open up employment as correctional officers to female applicants.
(wow, that business law class did come in handy after all these years...)

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Let me guess, 49% of conservatives also think black people project their bad qualities on to others.
blacks are more likely (by 7%) to think most blacks are racist than to think most whites are. Moreover, they are 11% likelier than liberals (regardless of race) to think most blacks are racist, and 9% likelier than democrats. And blacks are 3% _less_ likely than liberals to think most whites are racist.

all of which suggests that the people likeliest to believe most whites are racist and most blacks are not are those who are both liberal and white.

iow, rm proper

e for clarity's sake: without cheating, what %age of conservatives do you believe are black?

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Holy fvck. This was a "recommended" story on the side bar.
http://www.wral.com/senate-tacks-sweeping-abortion-legislation-onto-sharia-law-bill/12621503/

God I hate white people.
this part is very short-sighted:
SEX-SELECTIVE ABORTIONS: The measure prohibits doctors from performing an abortion if they know the woman seeking it is doing so because of the gender of the baby.
think about it: couple goes to fertility clinic. more fertilized eggs implant than are practical (even though this procedure has gotten more accurate over the years, it's still common to swing for the fences & stuff a handful up there), and so in order to preserve the life of the would-be mother & other fetuses, they must cull the clown car. all things being equal, it's perfectly reasonable to say "one of each, please"