Quantcast

This weeks edition of "It's not about race".

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Walker is “convinced that vaccinations, especially for young children, create a favorable climate for Autism,” according to his campaign website.

<sigh>
Speaking of that, I happen to serve on my local county health board, and we were discussing a case today in which an unvaccinated child contracted measles while visiting Disney World in France. The rascal came back and traipsed across 11 counties (and 5 states), and our County health department had to interview and investigate over 300 people that the kid might have exposed. Obviously its not the kid's fault, as the dumb AF parents are the real culprits - and dumb AF parents who also happened to have enough coin to skip the shitty Disney World here in the States and hit up the one in Francais. While we would like to bill them for all the staff hours its taken (and taking) to track down people, we have no legal mechanism to make that happen unfortunately. Although a story may get "leaked" to the press about this :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Speaking of that, I happen to serve on my local county health board, and we were discussing a case today in which an unvaccinated child contracted measles while visiting Disney World in France. The rascal came back and traipsed across 11 counties (and 5 states), and our County health department had to interview and investigate over 300 people that the kid might have exposed. Obviously its not the kid's fault, as the dumb AF parents are the real culprits - and dumb AF parents who also happened to have enough coin to skip the shitty Disney World here in the States and hit up the one in Francais. While we would like to bill them for all the staff hours its taken (and taking) to track down people, we have no legal mechanism to make that happen unfortunately. Although a story may get "leaked" to the press about this :)
We're all fortunate he didn't visit Disney - Papua New Guinea. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44614382

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
FUCKING LOL. Right about 50 seconds in you can hear "Fuck you ese"

What kind of douche do you have to be to live in Manhattan and be offended by someone speaking another language? NY is like the melting pot of all melting pots.
The state's named a Spanish word, FFS.
This. The amount of moron has to be strong for people living in these places with these views. I wonder if that thought ever even occurs to them... :think:
It's almost as if Republican efforts to destroy public education have some sort of inevitable conclusion.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I put the last one in the FTP thread so to be even handed I'll put this one in here.

A woman wearing a Puerto Rican flag shirt at an Illinois park was racially harangued by a white man as a police officer stood by.

In the video clip, as Mia Irizarry sets up her picnic the man approaches and demands to know why she is wearing her shirt, which had "Puerto Rico" written on it.

"You should not be wearing that in the United States of America," the man shouts.

"Are you a citizen? Are you a United States citizen?"

Ms Irizarry tells him Puerto Rico is part of the US, politely addressing the man as "sir".

"We don't own Puerto Rico," the man replies. "Are you educated?"
He sure doesn't seem to be, maybe he's jealous?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
"The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority."
-Arthur Schopenhauer

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority."
-Arthur Schopenhauer
poor canadians.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
How many times have you been pulled over for not using a turn signal?
Twice in 32yrs of driving, both times on cop fishing expeditions like this story.

How does that factor into this guy fabricating a BS story about a legal, civil and professional traffic stop?
Do you think that this guys 'story' is justified because profiling occurs?
Would you feel differently if the cop had run his plates and the registration issue was cause for the stop?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Twice in 32yrs of driving, both times on cop fishing expeditions like this story.
Do you think a big black dude in a Mercedes gets pulled over more or less than you? Cause I've got a big black friend who gets pulled over for driving while black in his Escalade all the time.

You're definitely the "BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" guy in the crowd. Or the guy who brings up false rape accusations when people discuss the Me Too movement. No one said anything about blue lives and no one said there aren't instances of false rape accusations.

Unless you're trying to dispute the premise of this thread (that we live in a country/world with a racism problem) then what is the point of posting this?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Do you think a big black dude in a Mercedes gets pulled over more or less than you? Cause I've got a big black friend who gets pulled over for driving while black in his Escalade all the time.

You're definitely the "BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" guy in the crowd. Or the guy who brings up false rape accusations when people discuss the Me Too movement. No one said anything about blue lives and no one said there aren't instances of false rape accusations.

Unless you're trying to dispute the premise of this thread (that we live in a country/world with a racism problem) then what is the point of posting this?
Spare me your labels, you don’t know me.
Where did I scream Blue Lives Matter or mention #metoo?
I’m the only white guy in the business I own.
Dealing with the racism, including police traffic stops, my guys face is a nearly daily occurrence.
I’ve sponsored employees to become US citizens.
My family is interracial.
In other words fuck off.

Do you think this pastor, the leader of the local NAACP, is helping his cause by being caught in a lie?
What good would come from his actions?
Do you think it sets a good example for his community?
Ask your ‘black friend’ what he thinks.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Where did I scream Blue Lives Matter or mention #metoo?
I didn't say you did. It's the same concept. This thread is a discussion about racism, and your contribution is to post a story of someone playing the race card. It's not any different from the person who brings up false rape accusations during a discussion regarding the Me Too movement.

Why did you feel the need to post that? Other than to attempt to dispute the prevailing point of the discussion.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
But But they all look alike

Fox News has apologized for mistakingly using a photo of Patti LaBelle in its Aretha Franklin tribute Thursday.

“We sincerely apologize to Aretha Franklin’s family and friends,” Jessica Santostefano, Vice President, Media Desk at Fox News told TheWrap in a statement. “Our intention was to honor the icon using a secondary image of her performing with Patti LaBelle in the full screen graphic, but the image of Ms. Franklin was obscured in that process, which we deeply regret.

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Fox-News-Apologizes-for-Using-Patti-LaBelle-s-13161814.php

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
...and because "They all look the same" nobody noticed in pre-production or when it went live. You know maybe they should invest in monitors so that they can actually see and know what they are broadcasting. As far as fox is concerned, - fuck it and her, just another dead n*, one less of them... Shit we got called out by the public....better come up with some lame assed excuse. Fuck why do they always have to look the same....

...to be continued until somebody nukes fox...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you listen real carefully....you can hear keith ellison beating his ex girlfriend.