Quantcast

This xmas gift deserves its own thread!!!!!!!

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Looking at this, you might think......yea its a normal large set of tools. But you can already start to see why its not the normal ordinary set.

If you open up the slide out below, you find a plethora of titanium covered drill bits, and a ridiculous gathering of all the philips, square, hex, and torx drivers you could ever want.

By now you could say wow, this is one of the biggest sets of any tools I have ever seen in my life. Then you flip up tray#2 to reveal something that is ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING.

An obscene amount of more drill bits, drill bits purpose built for any task that needs to have a hole put in it.

And it all closes up into an oversize box of wonderfully sharp tubular cutting utensils.

I think it even has a drink holder if you tip it on its side:think:

The best thing about it, is that it hardly costs anything :sneaky:
Take a guess?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
well, good job with those drills and such. my big xmas gift was a pair of womens skis. umm...i'm a guy. I told my dad which ski's to buy, and I got a totally different kind, I even gave him the page from K2 with skis/specs.
What I wanted
What I got
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the gift, but there's no effort...paahhh.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Those public enemy are very nice to the eye.. i bet they will do fine. Just swap them fotr the other one. Or have a sexchange.. :p

That toolcase rocks to.. a lot of tools. Lets hope it;s good qaulity.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well, maybe you can aswer me this....what do you use a center punch for?

oh yeah, nice bits too. your kit kicks our 120 pc. kits ass!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
TN said:
well, maybe you can aswer me this....what do you use a center punch for?

oh yeah, nice bits too. your kit kicks our 120 pc. kits ass!
:confused: to make a good startingpoint on the object you wanna drill a
hole in.

That;s basics elemantary my dear watson.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
right you are. after further inspection, I noticed it is not a bit. I couldnt figure out why it should rotate. :o:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Blah. This will be the Christmas of thoughtless gifts. I'm going to be an ingrate teenager. I asked for two things. A Chrome messenger bag to assist in my work, and a bottle of cheap adidas cologne. I got neither. I got an assload of crap I don't need. AT ALL. I DONT NEED MORE CRAP. Grr.

My gf got me ski passes though. Roxor. :thumb:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
xbluethunderx said:
Blah. This will be the Christmas of thoughtless gifts. I'm going to be an ingrate teenager. I asked for two things. A Chrome messenger bag to assist in my work, and a bottle of cheap adidas cologne. I got neither. I got an assload of crap I don't need. AT ALL. I DONT NEED MORE CRAP. Grr.

My gf got me ski passes though. Roxor. :thumb:
Think of the exclusion of the Adidas cologne under the tree as a gift to the rest of us rather than a gift missed by you!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I got a set of drill bits that was about a third as big but cost almost as much, a few years ago. I opened it up and looked at the quality of the drill bits, passed one on to my father who gave the gift (who is a machinst and can appreciate quality cutting tools,) he took the set back, refusing to let me keep them and apologized for not opening up the package before buying them. I was greatful recieve the gift, even cheap sets of standard fractional sizes are expensive, this set had all the number and letter sizes as well as fractional sizes, but they were absolutely horrendous, I could have ground better tips by rubbing them on my driveway. You may have scored a deal from your midwest hardware chain, but my experience is that cheap tools, especially anything meant to work on metal, just aren't worth their cost in the long run. Then again not everybody depends on their tools to make a living, and not everybody is obsessively meticuous about the stuff they build with their toos.