Quantcast

@@@Thoisday Gee Em Tea@@@

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
you have to love 6:30 am meetings....or not :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

12 hour work day followed by a two hour drive in the camper to go do an EMT standby in Woodside for 3 days. Wind forecast tonight durng the drive is gusts up to 25 mpg which means the show grounds are going to be a freaking dust storm:bonk:

On the plus side I get to miss a vist from the mother in law:banana::banana::banana::banana:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still sick, though I got a much better sleep last night.

Push through today and see what happens. Perhaps a slow solo ride is in order tonight.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, sirs loin of beef. I had a hard effort run last night (7 miles, 7:08 pace), which meant my swim this morning felt like I was dragging two logs instead of legs. I am looking forward to an easy bike ride after work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
tonight is ride night. tonight is the only night in a 10-day spread with rain forecast. was going to go ride the tech-gnar, but may opt for a smooth flowy ride instead. We shall see what this afternoon brings.

have a good day y'all.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I checked the HR record from last night's ride and I spent considerable amount of time in the 170-179 bpm territory. No wonder my legs feel like they are zombies today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I could have gotten a gun quicker here in El Paso County than it took to adopt this dumb dog. The best part was finding out after it was all over that I'd left my lights on. Couldn't get it to jump so I wound up putting a new battery in the jeep in the humane society parking lot. Fortunately it's located right next to a NAPA. Optima battery was 8 years old, guess I got my money's worth.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

I could have gotten a gun quicker here in El Paso County than it took to adopt this dumb dog. The best part was finding out after it was all over that I'd left my lights on. Couldn't get it to jump so I wound up putting a new battery in the jeep in the humane society parking lot. Fortunately it's located right next to a NAPA. Optima battery was 8 years old, guess I got my money's worth.

She's lovely, congrats to both her and you!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I checked the HR record from last night's ride and I spent considerable amount of time in the 170-179 bpm territory. No wonder my legs feel like they are zombies today.
So crazy the difference in HR. I ran up to 199 last week and 170 is just cruising. I wonder if its because I have tendency to high blood pressure.

After a grumpy day I did that only right thing and had wings and beer with my best friend last night. I am in a much better mood today.

Rode with the little guy this morning and his brother will get this bad ass bike today so we can ride even more:

His first bike with gears and hand brakes only. I may do a little tuning on the bike. I have a carbon seat post and I have some really nice Avid Arch Supreme brakes I can put on there too. There is a more expensive version with air fork but it will not see a lot of off road use to warren that expense.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yes, it can. Delegate what can be done by someone else, ignore whatever focus of the week may be and get out of the office for "market research" or whatever excuse your boss has used more than once.
The "children" excuse seems to work awfully well. Maybe I can convince him I have a kid I didn't know about...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Today is severe weather day so I made sure to get in a ride yesterday, if things look reasonable after the storm passes this afternoon I will hit the road again.

Yesterday I picked up a go pro session and bar mount, today I'm going to learn how to use it...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

IMHO bar is not a good place for a camera. Too much left/right jerkin', too much up'n'down shakin'.
Probably so but a chesty is not something I can pick up locally so I will make do while I am learning how to use it. It was on closeout for $159.99, the mount and card added another $35.00 so I won't be hurt too bad.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Planning on taking Haley on her first camping trip this weekend. Nothing special, just going to the local suburban park (Bear Creek Lake for the locals). We've done a few backyard camping trips, so she's at least done it before. She's super amped, so we'll see how that goes.

A few weeks ago she started asking me about why it was still light out when I was picking her up from school (time change) and I started explaining how the earth goes around the sun, moon around the earth, etc. and she started to get super into the planets. My Dad (the rocket engineer) talked with her a ton and she ended up getting even more stoked, so we took her to the Nature and Science museum and where they have a permanent space display.

Because of her level of interest, my Dad bought her a projector nightlight that has the planets. We've been working on her planets for the last few weeks now and she knows Mercury through Uranus and she knows the colors, size, which have rings, etc. It was pretty cool last night when she turned the light on and just ran through all of the planets without being prompted.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still waiting on final word on my background check for the new gig. I am supposed to start on Monday, but haven't heard that yet, either. My background check was wonky. I made the mistake of putting WHERE I was working rather than for WHOM. But rather than allow me to change it, I had to locate W2's from up to 7 years ago to show who was paying me, not where I went to do work. But I was able to get everything done yesterday for the work history (minus the whole Playhaven not being in business any longer).

Also when hitting up references I learned that sh!t has gotten all sorts of strange where I was. When the bank decided to kill the project and let me and the other 18 or so engineers go, there were a lot of loose ends. They had just hired a company for a year that has a $250k contract buyout and they had also just converted 5 engineers to full time before killing the project. So now there are 5 guys from Harmon doing nothing on top of the 5 guys they converted and no projects to work on.

So in an effort to save ones collective asses, the development manager has the 5 internal engineers trying to figure out how to build a native mobile application so they have some value to add (in secret because they have no idea what they are doing). The problem is none of them have worked in mobile and the current mobile app has a 2.2 rating (413 ratings, 198 are 1 star) on google play.

A Google User said:
Remote deposit literally designed by Hitler I've been trying to submit one check. For HOURS. Houurrrrrsss. The app flat out refuses to read it. 0/10 avoid this dumpster fire of an app

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Turns out one of the most fun, quick bike loops I've ever ridden is 5min down the road from work. Ain't that a B?

Took tomorrow off to ride and golf all day. Girl is away for a week for work so it's time to get a lot of house-related things done. Parents are selling their place, and as such my old man is giving me trailer loads of tools, which I'm getting Saturday. Awesome.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I had to comply to a background search and include references to get my dog. How old is the new furball> Looks like some kind of cattle dog mix. I am going to guess your vacuum cleaner will soon be his nemesis.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Expecting the plans for our house reno today, and take possession tomorrow. Demo is scheduled for 1st week of June. Shit got real when we signed our lives away 2 days ago, but they're getting realer tomorrow when we get the keys and sit in our backyard.

Gotta figure out where the tire swing and sandbox are going to go. Also need to figure out bike storage methods, where to build a work bench for fixing/breaking things, and how to fully gate the backyard.

Such suburbia, many domestic. Wow.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I quit working for the shitheel a few months back my quality of life has improved I sleep more than 2 hours at a time without waking up all stressed out, blood pressure in normal without meds. I've done a lot of riding and work around the house I also went to SoCal, nyc rays mtb and other short getaways.

I start my new job on Monday with a substantial increase in pay, benefits, 401k match. They have been in business for over 40 years treat their employees well, the receptionist gets a $5k year end bonus! with that being said I'm sure ill be really happy with mine. The VP told me in my 3rd interview "a happy employee is a productive employee, we give out large bonuses and get it back 3 fold in production and general company morale"

It will be nice to get back into the daily grind I really love what I do

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Expecting the plans for our house reno today, and take possession tomorrow. Demo is scheduled for 1st week of June. Shit got real when we signed our lives away 2 days ago, but they're getting realer tomorrow when we get the keys and sit in our backyard.

Gotta figure out where the tire swing and sandbox are going to go. Also need to figure out bike storage methods, where to build a work bench for fixing/breaking things, and how to fully gate the backyard.

Such suburbia, many domestic. Wow.
This sounds pretty good to me. I hope it will not take too much time away from riding.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and as such my old man is giving me trailer loads of tools, which I'm getting Saturday. Awesome.
when my uncle passes i have a feeling my older brother will be getting all his tools plus my grandfathers tools from when he passed...drill press...another lathe...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well shit. When I crashed on the tri bike this past Saturday, I dented the wheel beyond repair and it'll need to be replaced. LBS said I can use it for my race this weekend (got a duathlon...16 mile bike) but will need a new wheel sooner rather than later. That's a $500 wheel with fewer than a thousand miles on it. :(

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I had to comply to a background search and include references to get my dog. How old is the new furball> Looks like some kind of cattle dog mix. I am going to guess your vacuum cleaner will soon be his nemesis.
New furball is an estimated 2ish. She's clearly had several litters of puppies, and had an infected BB removed from below her right eye. Apparently the local humane society gets a lot of dogs from off the reservation in northern NM. The whole "respect the animals thing" is another part of Navajo culture the white man managed to kill off. And yes, she is shedding like mad. My jeep looks like a dog exploded inside, and the house has already gathered a coating. Really hoping at least part of it is shelter stress that will clear up as she gets comfortable.

That's a $500 wheel with fewer than a thousand miles on it. :(
#dentistproblems.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
2 days in a row! Whoop!

Started my morning by not lining up the threads on the blender properly. Hit the go button and turned away, only to look back at the smoothie largely on the counter... So I go to sit at my desk and proceed to knock the glass over into my computer screen... it went alllll over. Moar coffee is definitely the answer. I'll get on that now.

Have been pondering this question... In a family with kids, how much of your vacation time do you take all together, as a couple, one parent and child, or by yourself/solo with your friends. I know everyone does it different and am curious...

How's the honey do list stoney? Find yourself a contractor yet??