Quantcast

Thoughts on 9/11

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Are you still claiming that Iraq had WMD's in 2003? Which of the claims dubya had about Iraq have been proven true?

Afghanistan, before the invasion a US delegation traveled around and showed a list to a few selected government leaders. The only ones in Sweden to see this list of 50? proofs that Al-Qaida/Taliban was behind it was the prime minister Göran Persson and the foreign minister Anna Lind (****in pigs). They defended the US for not showing this "proof" in the open and said it was some serious isht.
Months later, maybe a year or two, that list was printed in a Swedish paper and I read it. :disgust1: That was indeed the sadest things ever to be called proof.
I googled after it but couln't find it. Maybe a :monkey: remember what I'm talking about and can help find it.
Found something..

http://www.zip.com.au/~cpa/garchve4/1067cult.html

"PROOF screamed the headline of The Daily Telegraph, my favourite
tabloid newspaper. Beneath the single word, with letters ten centimetres
high, was a large colour photo of Osama Bin Laden.

The juxtaposition made the message simple and instantly clear: "they" had
proof that bin Laden did it. If you bothered to actually read the text
below the photo however, you discovered that the story did not detail the
"proof" that so excited the headline writer.

Instead, the story told us that British PM Tony Blair had told the British
Parliament that he had been shown the "proof" and it was "wholly
convincing". He did not say what it was, however, nor did he show it to the
British Parliament. They had to take his word.

In fact, he could not have shown them even if he had wanted to, which I
suspect he assuredly did not want to. The Yanks had taken the "proof" away
again as soon as he had been allowed to look at it, just as they whisked it
away from John Howard.

It's better that way; it prevents the evidence being examined by
interfering experts who might inconsiderately question its validity,
authenticity, legality, accuracy or usefulness.

And that would cast a shadow over the glorious crusade against the infidel,
or whatever George Bush's spin doctors have decided to call his war against
everyone the US doesn't like.

After all, Tony Blair's word that the "proof" was in fact proof was good
enough for the Mother of Parliaments which OK'd his sending British troops
to invade Afghanistan and British ships and planes to attack the country.
The troops, from the SAS, had been operating inside Afghanistan — an act
of war — for a couple of weeks "before" Tony bothered to raise the matter
in Parliament.

What was it Western propagandists used to call the Supreme Soviet? A
"rubber stamp" parliament?"

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Here's a few exerpts from the Janis Karpinski interview:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/082405Z.shtml

"She was never allowed to speak to the people who had worked on the night shift. She "was told by Colonel Warren, the JAG officer for General Sanchez, that they weren't assigned to me, that they were not under my control, and I really had no right to see them."

When Karpinski inquired, "What's this about photographs?" the sergeant replied, "Ma'am, we've heard something about photographs, but I have no idea. Nobody has any details, and Ma'am, if anybody knows, nobody is talking." When Karpinski asked to see the log books, the sergeant told her that the Criminal Investigation Division had taken everything except for something on a pole outside the little office they were using.

"It was a memorandum signed by Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, authorizing a short list, maybe 6 or 8 techniques: use of dogs; stress positions; loud music; deprivation of food; keeping the lights on, those kinds of things," Karpinski said. "And then a handwritten message over to the side that appeared to be the same handwriting as the signature, and that signature was Secretary Rumsfeld's. And it said, 'Make sure this happens' with two exclamation points. And that was the only thing they had. Everything else had been confiscated.""

"Karpinski said, however, "The truth has been uncovered, but it's been suffocated and it has not been released with the results of the investigation." She added, "McClellan and Rumsfeld can get up on their high horse and say that there've been no fewer than 15 investigations that were conducted. But every one of those investigations is under the control of the Secretary of Defense. And every one of those investigations is run and led by a person who can lose their job under Rumsfeld's fist."

"We're never going to know the truth until they do an independent commission or look into this independently," Karpinski maintains. "This is about instructions delivered with full authority and knowledge of the Secretary of Defense and probably Cheney. I don't know if the President was involved or not. I don't care. All I know is, those instructions were communicated from the Secretary of Defense's office, from the Pentagon, through Cambone, through Miller, to Abu Ghraib.""

""These torture techniques were being implemented and used down at Guantánamo Bay and, of course, now we have lots of statements that say they were used in Afghanistan as well," Karpinski said."

"While she was made the scapegoat for the torture at Abu Ghraib, Karpinski said, no one above her in the chain of command has been reprimanded."

"Karpinski reveals that there was "no sustainment plan" because "there were a lot of contractors - US contractors exclusively - who realized they could make a lot of money in Iraq." At the Coalition Provisional Authority, Karpinski "saw corruption like I've never seen before - millions of dollars just being pocketed by contractors. Everything was on a cash basis at that time," she said. "You take a request down - literally, you take a request to the Finance Office. If the Pay Officer recognized your face and you were asking for $450,000 to pay a contractor for work, they would pay you in cash: $450,000. Out of control."

Speaking about the war, Karpinski said, "Iraq was a huge country, and when you have people largely saying now, 'He may have been a dictator, but we were better under Saddam,' this Administration needs to take notice. And at some point you have to say, 'Stop the train, because it's completely derailed. How do we fix it?' But in an effort to do that, you have to admit that you made a few mistakes, and this Administration is not willing to admit any mistakes whatsoever.""

$tinkle, your country smells. From all over. Now, in comparison, I just smell from the rear, and that's not all the time, just a little every now and then. ;)

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
Do you see now what 4 small (in comparison) attacks on your nation has done to its peoples views on the ragheads and made them scream for blood? What do you think happens with the mindsets on people down there where they get to suffer occupations and wars for years?
To be fair, lots of 'Mericuns hated the "ragheads" before 9/11.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
rockwool:

TRUTHOUT AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE???
KARPINSKI AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE???

this is the same woman who was charged with shoplifting on post, made allegations that female master sergeants died from self-inflicted dehydration (so they wouldn't have to use the latrines at night, which put them at risk of being raped by their fellow soldiers whilst afoot), who is on record as saying to female soldiers who decide to join the army they are "either going to be sexually harassed, sexually assaulted, or they're going to be raped".

karpinski refused to cite the doctor in her claims of death-by-dehydration, nor has this doctor ever come forward. this is to say nothing of the fact that no female msgt's have died in iraq. not one. this is a matter of record.

that rape-by-the-light-of-the-moon allegation is laughable. suppose you're a female soldier who fears being raped on the way to the crapper by your own kind. that would make me kind of mad. mad to the point of wanting to shoot someone who would try that. but, where, pray tell, would a female soldier get a weapon in a war zone? [hint: not exactly as hard to find as, say, wmd]

next on the hit parade:

did i mention she claims to have met an israeli interrogator (her testimony amounted to "he looked kind of jewey") at abu-ghraib? no one else remembers it. what a fine cover-up off of which she has blown the lid!

karpinski smells like rotten fish.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I want to give you an example of what I mean with the term "US interests", and how it takes its form in real life. This happened in Guatemala:

I will be cutting exerpts from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbenz

"Colonel Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán was president of Guatemala from 1951 to 1954, when he was ousted in a coup d'état organized by the US Central Intelligence Agency, known as Operation PBSUCCESS, and was replaced by a military junta, plunging the country into chaos and long-lasting political turbulence."

"He campaigned as a reformer and garnered 60% of the vote by promising to make Guatemala an economically independent, capitalist state that would shed its colonial-era dependence on the U.S. His predecessor, Juan José Arévalo Bermejo, had successfully begun a series of reforms to open the political process to all citizens."

"his government enacted an agrarian reform program modeled on the 1862 Homestead Act in the U.S. The new law gave the government power to expropriate only uncultivated portions of large plantations."

"Owners of expropriated land were compensated according to the worth of the land claimed in May 1952 tax assessments. Land was paid for in twenty-five year bonds with a 3 percent interest rate. [1] Arbenz himself, a landowner through his wife, gave up 1,700 acres (688 ha) of his own land in the land reform program. [2]"

"It is estimated that 2% of the country's population controlled 72% of all arable land in 1945, but only 12% of it was being utilized."

"While Arbenz's proposed agenda was welcomed by impoverished peasants who made up the majority of Guatemala's population, it provoked the ire of the upper landowning classes, powerful U.S. corporate interests, and factions of the military, who accused Arbenz of bowing to Communist influence."

"The United Fruit Company, a U.S.-based corporation, was also threatened by Arbenz's land reform initiative. United Fruit was Guatemala's largest landowner, and with 85% of its holdings uncultivated, vulnerable to Arbenz's reform plans. In calculating its tax obligations, United Fruit had consistently (and drastically) undervalued the worth of its holdings. In its 1952 taxes, it claimed its land was only worth $3 per acre. When, in accordance with United Fruit's tax claims, the Arbenz government offered to compensate the company at the $3 rate, the company claimed the land's true value was $75/acre but refused to explain the precipitous jump in its own determination of the land's value."

"United Fruit had several ties with the U.S government. U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles and his brother, CIA director Allen Dulles, had close connections to United Fruit through their former law firm. Eisenhower's trusted aide and undersecretary of State Walter Bedell Smith had equally close ties to the company and had once sought a management position there. All three were shareholders in the company."

"United Fruit had been lobbying the CIA to oust reform governments in Guatemala since Arevalo's time but it wasn't until the Eisenhower administration that it found an ear in the White House. In 1954, the Eisenhower administration was still flush with victory from its covert operation to topple the Mossadegh government in Iran the year before. CIA operative Kermit Roosevelt, the architect of the coup in Iran, described briefing Secretary Dulles: "[H]e seemed almost alarmingly enthusiastic. His eyes were glistening; he seemed to be purring like a giant cat. Clearly he was not only enjoying what he was hearing, but my instincts told me that he was planning as well."[3] In February 1954, the CIA began Operation WASHTUB, a plan to plant a phony Soviet arms cache in Nicaragua to demonstrate Guatemalan ties to Moscow. [4]"

"In May 1954, Czech weaponry arrived in Guatemala aboard the Swedish ship Alfhem. The U.S. claimed this as final proof of Arbenz's Soviet links. Supporters for Arbenz, however, note that the Guatemalans repeatedly attempted to buy weapons from Western Europe and only turned to the Czechs after failing to purchase arms elsewhere. The Arbenz government was convinced a U.S.-sponsored invasion was imminent: it had previously released detailed accounts of the CIA's Operation PBFORTUNE (called the White Papers) and perceived US actions at the OAS convention in Caracas that year as a lead-up to intervention. The administration ordered the CIA to sponsor a coup d'état, code-named Operation PBSUCCESS that toppled the government. Arbenz resigned on June 27, 1954 and was forced to flee, seeking refuge in the Mexican Embassy."

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
To be fair, lots of 'Mericuns hated the "ragheads" before 9/11.
Mericuns :) You know that better than I, but it would surprise me if that hate/dislike didn't grow and spread to even more people. Over here I have seen differences too. People have become more, uhumm, suspicious, towards moslems.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
my (female) neighbor is central american (el salvador) immigrant, now naturalized. she & her husband, who both travel extensively in C.A. are no doubt a wellspring of u.s-c.a. history. she's bourgeois & her husband has positive views on marxism, and not-so-much on our recent history w/ c.a., for reasons not unlike what you posted. i should talk to them more. and listen.

what makes this all interesting is he's a high-level director for a global christian outreach program (i'm not kidding in my reference to being located in a right wing epicenter).

he'd be disappointed in my avatar.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
rockwool:

TRUTHOUT AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE???
KARPINSKI AS A CREDIBLE SOURCE???

this is the same woman who was charged with shoplifting on post, made allegations that female master sergeants died from self-inflicted dehydration (so they wouldn't have to use the latrines at night, which put them at risk of being raped by their fellow soldiers whilst afoot), who is on record as saying to female soldiers who decide to join the army they are "either going to be sexually harassed, sexually assaulted, or they're going to be raped".

karpinski refused to cite the doctor in her claims of death-by-dehydration, nor has this doctor ever come forward. this is to say nothing of the fact that no female msgt's have died in iraq. not one. this is a matter of record.

that rape-by-the-light-of-the-moon allegation is laughable. suppose you're a female soldier who fears being raped on the way to the crapper by your own kind. that would make me kind of mad. mad to the point of wanting to shoot someone who would try that. but, where, pray tell, would a female soldier get a weapon in a war zone? [hint: not exactly as hard to find as, say, wmd]

next on the hit parade:

did i mention she claims to have met an israeli interrogator (her testimony amounted to "he looked kind of jewey") at abu-ghraib? no one else remembers it. what a fine cover-up off of which she has blown the lid!

karpinski smells like rotten fish.

Whithout searching for proof of what you say since it's so damn time consuming, I will just speak what I come to think of from what you've written.

Shoplifting lying racist rotten fish don't make it to brigader general.

The "jewey" thing, my english isn't good enough to tell if it's a derogative form, and if, is it only derogative? How would you say in a similar way about an arab or slav?

That nobody else remembers an interogator that looked like a jew, I can only point to that interview with Karpinski I linked to where she said this:
"When Karpinski inquired, "What's this about photographs?" the sergeant replied, "Ma'am, we've heard something about photographs, but I have no idea. Nobody has any details, and Ma'am, if anybody knows, nobody is talking."

and this:
"Karpinski tried to get information, but "nobody knew anything, nobody - at least, that's what they were claiming. The Company Commander, Captain Reese, was tearful in my office and repeatedly told me he knew nothing about it, knew nothing about it," Karpinski said. But in a later plea bargain he entered into after the Taguba Report came out, "Captain Reese said that not only did he know about it, but he was told not to report it to his chain of command, and he was told that by Colonel Pappas"

Don't expect people to talk, they have everything to lose and only personal moral to gain. When it comes to feeding your family most will put moral second.

"I had been hesitant to speak out before because this Administration is so vindictive. But now I will ... Anybody who confronts this Administration or Rumsfeld or the Pentagon with a true assessment, they find themselves either out of a job, out of their positions, fired, relieved or chastised. Their career comes to an end."
-- Janis Karpinski, interview with Marjorie Cohn, August 3, 2005

I belive the amount of fear women have of getting raped is beyond our grasp. The amount of rapes that aren't reported amongst civilians are enourmous, and the reasons for not doing this are surely complicated to understand without having lived it. Possessing a weapon might not make them reasons less complicated. For these reasons, and probably more I haven't thought of, I wouldn't that easily dismiss Karpinskis claims as lies.

I don't know anything of what Truthout is, but in this case it hasn't got anything to do with this since it was an interview and only Janis Karpinski can and should be questioned.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
my (female) neighbor is central american (el salvador) immigrant, now naturalized. she & her husband, who both travel extensively in C.A. are no doubt a wellspring of u.s-c.a. history. she's bourgeois & her husband has positive views on marxism, and not-so-much on our recent history w/ c.a., for reasons not unlike what you posted. i should talk to them more. and listen.

what makes this all interesting is he's a high-level director for a global christian outreach program (i'm not kidding in my reference to being located in a right wing epicenter).

he'd be disappointed in my avatar.
Cool! Yeah man you should gather experiances from as many places you can!!
C.A. = Califas?

There was this catholic priest, high ranking like bishop or something, (don't remember his name or anything more than this) who worked in Latin America. He did a tremendously big effort in helping the poorest of the poor in a country/countries there and was recognized from Rome for for his work. Later he was outfrozen by them who had acknowledged him, and thats when he made a statement that went something along these words:

"If you devote your life to helping the poor they call you a saint. If you ask how come they are poor they call you a communist."

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Shoplifting lying racist rotten fish don't make it to brigader general.
3 words: "commander in thief"
The "jewey" thing, my english isn't good enough to tell if it's a derogative form, and if, is it only derogative?
as long as you put anything which can be deemed racists in quotes, you're safe. (see the popes recent comments on islam for added comfort)
"Karpinski tried to get information, but "nobody knew anything, nobody - at least, that's what they were claiming. The Company Commander, Captain Reese, was tearful in my office and repeatedly told me he knew nothing about it, knew nothing about it," Karpinski said. But in a later plea bargain he entered into after the Taguba Report came out, "Captain Reese said that not only did he know about it, but he was told not to report it to his chain of command, and he was told that by Colonel Pappas"
so he obeyed a colonel's order over a brig gen? i take it he doesn't play much poker.
When it comes to feeding your family most will put moral second.
feeding your family is highly moral, even to steal food.
The amount of rapes that aren't reported amongst civilians are enourmous,
this is like the novelist who writes about a character's last thoughts before he/she dies. how can one truly know?
C.A. = Califas?
central america

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
feeding your family is highly moral, even to steal food.

this is like the novelist who writes about a character's last thoughts before he/she dies. how can one truly know?

central america
If you do a Robin Hood, yes, not if you steal from the poor!

Womens crises organizations know pretty good.

Ahh, the moterland. :)

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
So it was Clinton/Gore that got us into Iraq? Wow, I didn't know that.
Catch 22: Spend our time and efforts on Educ, Infrastructure, public hapiness, etc., and people who wish to do this country harm have time and resources to get it done. Spend time fixing the lack of effort on Nat'l security, and public happiness/well being diminishes and causes the RM PD forum to fill with people trying to intelectualize their hatred of the "other" political party. Can't win for losing!

Will the RM forum fill with 1000 explanations of how the country became utopia overnight when, yes when, a dem is elected president in '08? :bonk:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Catch 22: Spend our time and efforts on Educ, Infrastructure, public hapiness, etc., and people who wish to do this country harm have time and resources to get it done. Spend time fixing the lack of effort on Nat'l security, and public happiness/well being diminishes and causes the RM PD forum to fill with people trying to intelectualize their hatred of the "other" political party. Can't win for losing!

Will the RM forum fill with 1000 explanations of how the country became utopia overnight when, yes when, a dem is elected president in '08? :bonk:
Well, I bash both major US parties so maybe my word will count?
What I try to understand is where that paranoia with "people who wish to do this country harm" comes from? Bill never inhaled and republicans are too tight ass to light one and expand their narrow views on life. How come it's only the US, and of european countries only the UK that have a paranoia with that others want to harm them and their country? Maybe we don't have what dubya claimed to be the reason; "jealous of our freedom"?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket

Except Clinton was still spending more money on DoD than any other nation in the world. Of course, another problem for you is that IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. And yet another problem is that Bush just dismissed the national intelligence services' report that the Iraq war has made terrorism worse by saying that people have harbored anti-American feelings for a long time. Are you going to suggest that by "long time" he means just when Clinton was in charge?

Really, you've got to get over the whole Clinton hatred thing. He hasn't been president for almost 6 years now. Face the facts. Bush took us into Iraq as a choice that had nothing to do with 9/11, and it was a bad decision.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
And yet another problem is that Bush just dismissed the national intelligence services' report that the Iraq war has made terrorism worse by saying that people have harbored anti-American feelings for a long time.
Didn't dubya say in early 2003 that if they invaded the troops would be greeted with flowers? I wonder what native name American Indians have given Bush, is it "man that speaks with two tongues" or maybe "woozy doll on strings man"?

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
I doubt the country will become a utopia simply because of a dem president in 2k8. I too support neither major US party, but I admit I am considering voting for (and maybe even campaigning for) dems in the upcoming congressional election.

Why?

Because maybe if the balance of power is shifted away from the republicans maybe we can get impeachment proceedings going against the entire administration and stop these senseless wars and save thaousands or maybe even millions of lives.

But then I think that they really aren't any different on the whole and they would probably continue the stupidity. :banghead:

My Senators are Durbin(D) and Obama(D). My Rep is Mark Kirk(R).
As much as I like Durbin, he takes money from AIPAC. Obama seems nice enough and is fairly intelligent. Kirk on the other hand is a Bush lovin' a$$h0le, pro military, former naval officer. The only signs I see up around my town are for him and I am sure he will be re-elected. I keep thinking I should bunny-kick the signs down as I pedal by, but then I think that would make him into some kind of martyr. Once again... :banghead:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Because maybe if the balance of power is shifted away from the republicans maybe we can get impeachment proceedings going against the entire administration ...
if the dems do cast a rather wide net & start impeachment proceedings against the entire administration (you might want a primer on who'll be included in the administration, then see how that squares against impeachment), it will confirm what many have suspected all along: they are inept at doing actual good for the country, and will summarily lose most state-wide elections for generations. this is to say nothing of making a matter of public record their incestuous & inseparable ties to everything to which they attempt to blame bushCo.

please, please, PLEASE...do this one for the gipper.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
if the dems do cast a rather wide net & start impeachment proceedings against the entire administration (you might want a primer on who'll be included in the administration, then see how that squares against impeachment), it will confirm what many have suspected all along: they are inept at doing actual good for the country, and will summarily lose most state-wide elections for generations. this is to say nothing of making a matter of public record their incestuous & inseparable ties to everything to which they attempt to blame bushCo.

please, please, PLEASE...do this one for the gipper.
Explain how.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Why? Because there is such a well-spring of support and good feelings for Bush from the general public?
talk about your false dilemma! remember how clinton tried to play the victim of a "vast right wing" conspiracy, which was neither vast, nor a conspiracy?

the thong's on the other foot; this won't stick.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
talk about your false dilemma! remember how clinton tried to play the victim of a "vast right wing" conspiracy, which was neither vast, nor a conspiracy?

the thong's on the other foot; this won't stick.
What false dilemma?

No, it probably won't stick, but how would it, "confirm what many have suspected all along: they are inept at doing actual good for the country?"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
What false dilemma?
lack-of-public-support-for-bushCo == disdain-and-vitriolic-hatred-to-the-point-of-successful-impeachment (i.e., the result will be one of a massive tune-out, followed by "what-the-hell-have-you-been-doing-up-on-the-hill-all-these-years???")
No, it probably won't stick, but how would it, "confirm what many have suspected all along: they are inept at doing actual good for the country?"
if you take "many" to mean a rather large raw value, while still a relatively small portion of the voting populous, this can be successfully translated into swing votes.

upon further reflection, maybe you got something there. it may just result in further sullying of congress's "good name", followed by 6% voter turnout.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
lack-of-public-support-for-bushCo == disdain-and-vitriolic-hatred-to-the-point-of-successful-impeachment (i.e., the result will be one of a massive tune-out, followed by "what-the-hell-have-you-been-doing-up-on-the-hill-all-these-years???")
You said that it would cause people to become sick to the point of rebellion. I asked why, considering the fact that Bush has rather low approval ratings. I did not create a false dilemma. You, on the other hand, are showing yourself to be very fond of making grand, sweeping, unsubstantiated assertions, like what you have above. Disdain and vitriolic hatred are not prerequisite for a successful impeachment. Although it would probably turn the public off, especially when the Reps. turn Bush into a martyr, I disagree with your characterizations.
if you take "many" to mean a rather large raw value, while still a relatively small portion of the voting populous, this can be successfully translated into swing votes.

upon further reflection, maybe you got something there. it may just result in further sullying of congress's "good name", followed by 6% voter turnout.
"Many" already refers to the current situation as there are "many" people like N8 out there.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You said that it would cause people to become sick to the point of rebellion. I asked why, considering the fact that Bush has rather low approval ratings.
googling "bush approval", i find his approval ratings are not rather low (for what chi trib polls are worth)
this might be like saying "oil prices are low", when in fact they are still rather high when compared to the beginning of W's 1st term in office
I did not create a false dilemma.
i read your comment to be a bushism, a-la: "if you're not with the bushies, you're against them"
Disdain and vitriolic hatred are not prerequisite for a successful impeachment.
right. they just happened to (arguably) cause the groundswell to git-r-done in 1998
"Many" already refers to the current situation as there are "many" people like N8 out there.
then you better start showing your future bosses some respect!

i think we're the only ones left here - you wanna get the lights on your way out?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
googling "bush approval", i find his approval ratings are not rather low (for what chi trib polls are worth)
this might be like saying "oil prices are low", when in fact they are still rather high when compared to the beginning of W's 1st term in office
First term in office? He had about 50% approval (a la the election) which swelled to very high numbers after 8 months of being in office.
i read your comment to be a bushism, a-la: "if you're not with the bushies, you're against them"
I'm not sure how you read that, but it wasn't what was intended.
right. they just happened to (arguably) cause the groundswell to git-r-done in 1998
Excuse me? Most Americans were against impeachment in '98 according to the polls at the time if I remember correctly.
then you better start showing your future bosses some respect!
Trust me, I already work with some.
i think we're the only ones left here - you wanna get the lights on your way out?
Click.