Quantcast

Thoughts on People

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heath Sherratt said:
That it's false...off the topic anyways.
It's interesting that you all brought up religion because either you know me or you can see my avatar but actually it was just me thinking and bringing up an idea that I have thought about alot. It was spurned into thred via a discussion I had with a friend. Not my preacher/pastor. Interesting how you can be so judgmental when you claim the hatred for religion spawned from their judgements of you or their hypocritical lifestyles or their yadayadayada. You are no different from those types of people except you are in a different gang. The clothes do not make the man so to speak.
Many people including lots on this board are influenced by riders like Steve Peat or Cedric Gracia or Brian Lopes but they know nothing about them except what they hear or what they see in the videos or what they read in the magazines. Having been a "celebrity" because of my career in skateboarding I know that many people create seperate identities to live out in front of the public eye and lead very different lives behind closed doors. Some don't. Some are who they are and people just don't have the capacity to know them truly as friends because they idolize or worshipo them. I think if you really thought about it you would realize that in one way or another you have made decisions to be more like your heroes without even really knowing them. That's all I'm saying. Christian or not. What's the big deal about me being a Christian and having good ideas? If my avatar had tits and ass you would love me...stupid is as stupid does.
I am no bible expert, but "The King James Version" is an Latin-to-English translation, and there was controversy about the changes in meaning. It does sound like the King James Version has changed the exact meaning of the Latin Bible.

But on a different note, while I love Peat and Cedric's riding style, and I think their after-hours partying is funny, I have no idea how they behave, their morality and ethics, or their religious beliefs.

More importantly, their impact on my life is somewhat professionally, but neglible personally. They ride great, they are fast on the course, I sell the bikes they ride, and that's it.

I like to point out the tale of Michael Jordan. He is the #1 commerical spokeman in the world, and protecting his image is paramount to his financial status. Privately, he was a difficult teammate, cheated on his wife, and notoriously hard to deal with on a personal level.

I am a savvy media and sports watcher, so it is pretty obvious to me. I did mention Jordan's reputation to the manager of my division when she said at a meeting what a great teammate Jordan was.

On the other hand, I have read the books written by Phil Jackson, the coach of Bulls and the Lakers, and he has some influence on my life. I learned from his examples of strict Christian upbringing, his playing and coaching travails, and his conversion to Zen Buddhism. Actually, I will need to reread it again.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Heath Sherratt said:
Hi, I try to hurt people I don't know. I'm exactly what i say is wrong with the world. I am the problem. I am jacks raging medulla oblongata. I am a ___. Very mature.
Dude, you apparantly honestly believe that your loving god flooded the entire world and some dude built a boat and collected two of every species and kept them on board for 40 days and nights. I'm not trying to hurt you, I'm suggesting that you might want to get some professional help.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
There's nothing wrong with wearing the same gloves as Cedric or even taking up riding because you saw him do it and thought he was cool. There is nothing wrong with me thinking Brad Pitt is cool cause he has good fashion sense, besides the fact he just is cool. The problem starts when I go to africa or donate money to help orphans of AIDS because Brad Pitt did it...oh wait.

The point is you can think people are cool and buy the same jeans you saw them wearing cause you think it makes you look cool. It starts to be a problem when you follow them on things they have no expertise on besides their own hardly educated position.

Would you ask your priest about your suspension set up?

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Changleen said:
To a special place in your brain? Seriously. Defend your flood if you can. It's a *ridiculous* story.
You may just be the first person on my ignore list. :banghead: Your attempts to turn everything into a religious talk proves your secret passion to know more about it. :love:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Heath Sherratt said:
You may just be the first person on my ignore list. :banghead: Your attempts to turn everything into a religious talk proves your secret passion to know more about it. :love:
Seriously, have you spent significant time at AA? Not that that's bad, just curious...

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
ediots...why is this thread and every other derailed and ignored? Why can't we just discuss the reason for the post? You can't discuss religion without relationship. You don't know me. If you did you would probably like me. I have no enemies and am actually loved by many in this industry. Your attempts to hate are proof you are fallen and can't get up. Get over it and talk the talk or walky walk. Sanjuro-you are the exception. Should go without saying but hey, this is e-life, everything is an illusion.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Heath Sherratt said:
ediots...why is this thread and every other derailed and ignored? Why can't we just discuss the reason for the post? You can't discuss religion without relationship. You don't know me. If you did you would probably like me. I have no enemies and am actually loved by many in this industry. Your attempts to hate are proof you are fallen and can't get up. Get over it and talk the talk or walky walk. Sanjuro-you are the exception. Should go without saying but hey, this is e-life, everything is an illusion.
I'm not hating, and calling me your 'enemy' is little extreme don't you think? Maybe more evidence of your mental state. If I disagree with you, choose not to believe in your stories then I must be your enemy right? That's special.

I'm asking you a question. Can you defend your stories you base your life's belief system on? That's a reasonable question isn't it? Apparantly though you can't. I think you're the one who needs to walk the walk.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Changleen said:
I'm not hating, and calling me your 'enemy' is little extreme don't you think? Maybe more evidence of your mental state. If I disagree with you, choose not to believe in your stories then I must be your enemy right? That's special.

I'm asking you a question. Can you defend your stories you base your life's belief system on? That's a reasonable question isn't it? Apparantly though you can't. I think you're the one who needs to walk the walk.

Why don't you point out where I called you my enemy first.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Heath Sherratt said:
Truth is love, beauty, even light. None of these can be facts, or proven scientifically, yet you live for and by these things. therefore truth is more relevant than fact.
You been doing some heavy bong rips this evening or what? Holy crap, you sound like a new age tv evangelist.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Heath Sherratt said:
Truth is love, beauty, even light. None of these can be facts, or proven scientifically, yet you live for and by these things. therefore truth is more relevant than fact.
WTF? What does that even mean? :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Heath Sherratt said:
Why don't you point out where I called you my enemy first.
You brough the phrase up, and now you're spinning to avoid embarrasment. I contend your flood never happened, and your belief system is based on lies. Can you defend that or maybe you like to point out a spelling mistake I made or something equally trivial next?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heath Sherratt said:
Frankly, I think is such a general topic, it will easily be misunderstood, debated, and sniped at.

Because we are friends and we have discussed these topics before, I understand the parameters of this discussion, but for everyone else, well, you can read what I see.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
BurlyShirley said:
WTF? What does that even mean? :rofl:

it means fvck all! :rofl:

What that boils down to IMO is the "The bible is a beautiful story therefore it must be true". :rolleyes:

AKA, hiding from reality.... Something drunks and stoner's/druggies do a lot of by all accounts. ;)

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Changleen said:
. I contend your flood never happened, and your belief system is based on lies. Can you defend that or maybe you like to point out a spelling mistake I made or something equally trivial next?
That is a moot point. I dont think he ever said that the bible was literal. Well I guess he kinda did, but you cant prove it either way, I mean you prove it didnt happen. Its not really a fair arguement that way, its kinda why its faith.

I dont know why I even bother posting as people are too busy bitching at each other to let anyone else interject.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
erastusboy said:
That is a moot point. I dont think he ever said that the bible was literal. Well I guess he kinda did, but you cant prove it either way, I mean you prove it didnt happen.
Firstly, If there was a worldwide flood (and just think about that statement for a second) in the geologically relatively recent past (Hell, fairly recent human past) their would be obvious, massive geological evidence of it everywhere. There isn't. The end.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
If you are going to talk about all this bible not true business lets first talk about the world being only 4000 years old?

I was more saying it in terms of faith. Its a good story it doesnt need to be true for there to be heaven and hell and me to feel that some ultimate being would appreciate it if i were a good person.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The problem I have is how so many people are convinced you must be a [insert religion here] to live a moral life, or hold themselves in higher regard because of their 'adherance' to said religion. Secondly I have a big problem with the various political goals of today's (and yesterday's) various churches which in the large part have caused poverty, suffering and death for millions of people and gone out of their way to hinder the progress of science.

OK, I guess this thread is now totally derailled... :) Oh well, plus ca change and all that...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Changleen said:
The problem I have is how so many people are convinced you must be a [insert religion here] to live a moral life, or hold themselves in higher regard because of their 'adherance' to said religion. Secondly I have a big problem with the various political goals of today's (and yesterday's) various churches which in the large part have caused poverty, suffering and death for millions of people and gone out of their way to hinder the progress of science.

OK, I guess this thread is now totally derailled... :) Oh well, plus ca change and all that...
To be fair though, a VERY large chunk of the worlds' charities are headed by religious orgs. Granted, its convert or starve in some cases, but still. Better than just starving. I'll say whatever you want if Im starving for a bowl of rice.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
To be fair though, a VERY large chunk of the worlds' charities are headed by religious orgs. Granted, its convert or starve in some cases, but still. Better than just starving.
One might argue that without the various churches of the world, these problems may not have existed in the first place... ;) :clue: But yeah that is true. I'm just waiting for Bill to buy them all out and convert them to the church of M$...
I'll say whatever you want if Im starving for a bowl of rice.
Indeed.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
LordOpie said:
This thread makes me wish weed was legal.
i just wish they sell lithium without prescription...
pretty pesky to carry/get one everytime i need some....

talking about that (and this thread), i was at the pharmacy today (peruvian walgreens equivalent) and was this crazy ass biatch yelling at the cashier and the administrator, and hitting hard the glass counter.. he said they stole her cell phone (wtf?), and she wanted them to call the owner of the chain....

she was hitting everything and cursing everyone, and there was this old dude (his dad?) hold her arm and just looking with a resignation/sad/am-sorry face at everybody...

but they didnt want to sell me lithium without a prescription, so i went to the next drugstore, and then this other dude came up asking for risperidone (hardcore anti psycho drug)....

then i sit down, and read this thread at work.

i believe its a sign from god telling me "do what the voice tell you, and smite mankind"... :oink: :oink:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Heath Sherratt said:
Your attempts to turn everything into a religious talk proves your secret passion to know more about it. :love:
Nah.

I turned it to religion and I don't want to know doodly squat.

I spent 12 years of my life in parochial schools and I've had quite enough.

What's more interesting to me is the living cliche that all of the followers of jeebus eventually become.

Actually, that's not that interesting either.

But really........what was the point of your original post? To not "follow" people you think are cool because they might be........oh what's the analogy?................false prophets?

Christ man, that's bush league....laughable.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Heath Sherratt said:
"Here's Tom with the weather."

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
The same people with the same hatred that spawned the spanish inquisitions, robertsons prayers to eliminate judges, the same hatred that spawned Rwanda. You're no different. Your words betray your hearts but you are too blind to see. Cliche? All your responses to my posts are a s predictable as a Batman tv show rerun. You're played, you're angry and you hate. Excellent reasons to be an atheist. Good evangelism guys. I want to get rid of my all loving God right now. I mean come on, someone even red flagged me because I am a Christian? Wackadoo. Hey Kidwoo, ask Luc if he remembers me. We rode together several times and I would say if we were to meet again it would be on good terms. Silver-look at your sig...would you say that this is the good life? the way you all have been treating me? for being a Christian? prejudice. hatred. fallen.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Heath Sherratt said:
The same people with the same hatred that spawned the spanish inquisitions, robertsons prayers to eliminate judges, the same hatred that spawned Rwanda. You're no different. Your words betray your hearts but you are too blind to see. Cliche? All your responses to my posts are a s predictable as a Batman tv show rerun. You're played, you're angry and you hate. Excellent reasons to be an atheist. Good evangelism guys. I want to get rid of my all loving God right now. I mean come on, someone even red flagged me because I am a Christian? Wackadoo. Hey Kidwoo, ask Luc if he remembers me. We rode together several times and I would say if we were to meet again it would be on good terms.
Those prdictable resposes are caused by your dodging the questions they perviously asked.
If you can't retort the argument don't post the above gibbering illogic. :clue:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Heath Sherratt said:
Good evangelism guys.

Apparently there's been some confusion.

I don't give a fvck about making other people think exactly the same as I do. My existence is just as valid being happy with who I am regardless of being surrounded by clones or not. As long as others are not killing people or negatively affecting my life, IT'S IRRELEVANT. You should try it.

That's the difference between you and me.

You're ideas or not new or fresh to anyone here because they most certainly did not originate with you.

I was reading the jeebus decades before you were. Your new found wisdom is most certainly at this point, and especially considering how short my life has been and the millions that came before us discussing the exact same things you bring up......cliche.

I'm glad you found your copy of catcher in the rye. Doesn't mean we all haven't already seen it too and made our own decisions.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
kidwoo said:
Apparently there's been some confusion.

I don't give a fvck about making other people think exactly the same as I do. My existence is just as valid being happy with who I am regardless of being surrounded by clones or not. As long as others are not killing people or negatively affecting my life, IT'S IRRELEVANT. You should try it.

That's the difference between you and me.

You're ideas or not new or fresh to anyone here because they most certainly did not originate with you.

I was reading the jeebus decades before you were. Your new found wisdom is most certainly at this point, and especially considering how short my life has been and the millions that came before us discussing the exact same things you bring up......cliche.

I'm glad you found your copy of catcher in the rye. Doesn't mean we all haven't already seen it too and made our own decisions.

If you don't care about influencing others why are you trying so hard to influence me? If you want others to not affect your life negatively then why can't you show the same respect? And when did it become a good idea to put others down for sharing their thoughts? I'm glad you made your decisions Kid, why can't I make mine? Why can't I reach out and share what i think? How is your hatred and rage different (except for the size of the affect) than that of Hitlers facist regime? Hate is hate. Maybe it's nap time. Warm milk maybe. Chill out dude...cussing doesn't flatter you or make your point any more relevant. Where's the love? Where's your hope? What are you offerring me right now? I don't see the benefit of living the way you do, I only see negativity and rage. :redhot: Oh, and it looks like your company here in the politics forum are about as close to clones as you can get. In responses on the internet anyways.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Heath Sherratt said:
The same people with the same hatred that spawned the spanish inquisitions, robertsons prayers to eliminate judges, the same hatred that spawned Rwanda. You're no different.
Really?

Rwanda? Really now?

What kind of an ego do you have that you associate someone daring to give you shlt on a silly thread topic with full on genocide?

Are you that important that ribbing you is the same thing as killing a few thousand people?

Lord save me for I have sinned. I heckled heath.