Jul 21, 2005
Boone, NC -> Cleveland, Oh

55 Mile UltraCross Race and the 35 Mile Little Three Peaks Gravel FUNdo
September 22, Beech Mountain, NC
American UltraCross Championship Series Round 5
Blue Ridge Monster Cross Series Race 3
Capo Cycling King of Pain Series Finale

Register at https://www.bikereg.com/Net/19387

I am really excited about this year's race. I took all the feedback from the past three years to heart, and improved the course to make it the more fun, easier to navigate, and better for 'cross bikes while still preserving the challenge, beauty, and mix terrain that makes Three Peaks USA so great.

The start and finish of the race will be on Beech Mountain, walking distance to affordable inns and cabins, as well as a ton of restaurants, making your trip cheaper and more convenient. With mini golf, a playground, dog park, indoor rec center, mountain bike and hiking trails all right there, your family and friends can join you for a fun weekend while you are racing. Plus, the new Magic Cycles location is open all weekend to help you with any last-minute repairs or supplies.

This year there is A LOT more prize money, and more categories to improve your chances of winning. For starters, the top three overall women and men will get equal payout. Plus, the first place woman will get a pair of Giro Sica MTB shoes. There are now Men's age groups for Under 30, 30-39, 40-49 and 50+, as well as Single Speed. Each race category is paying out based on total entries, and I expect to hand out $1,300 in cash plus great prizes from Panaracer, Capo, and more. Furthermore, the race is also part of the new Blue Ridge Monster Cross Series, with another $1,500 in cash on the line. Don't think winning big bucks is a gimme: former Swiss National Champion Christian Huele is coming straight from CrossVegas.

If you are as excited as I am about Three Peaks, then don't dally: register on BikeReg.com, then book an inn, lodge, chalet, or condo on Beech Mountain so you can roll right out to the start, and get some free hypoxia training while you sleep!

See you at the start line,

Andrew Stackhouse