Quantcast

-- Thrusday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I cleaned my bike last night - does that count for anything?

Damnit... just checked the weather. It's been dry all week, so the trails should finally be dry enough to ride. Unfortunately, daylight is in such short supply that weekends are my only real opportunity to ride - but it's supposed to f'in rain all weekend. grrrr

So ride in the rain.

Finished my commute yesterday, only have bikes today since the van's still in the shop. For that matter, the Joker's in the shop, getting the Z1 rebuilt and the headset replaced, and maybe a shorter stem.

It's 24 degrees F out, so I may wait a while before venturing to ride anywhere.

J

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
We don't have nice black soil like Vermont, we have nasty red clay......about a mile in and your wheel is caked. Makes for crappy riding and hurts the trail.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
I cleaned my bike last night - does that count for anything?

Damnit... just checked the weather. It's been dry all week, so the trails should finally be dry enough to ride. Unfortunately, daylight is in such short supply that weekends are my only real opportunity to ride - but it's supposed to f'in rain all weekend. grrrr
DUDE! I just heard they make lights for bikes, and with them you can ride at night! ;) :D

just think, we lose an hour of evening light this w/e :(

and no riding for me either

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
DUDE! I just heard they make lights for bikes, and with them you can ride at night! ;) :D

just think, we lose an hour of evening light this w/e :(
Yea, it's really going to suck after this weekend. Every year about this time I think about getting a light. Then I think about how many other ways I could spend $250.

Right before the eclipse last night (and right before the clouds moved in), the moon was so bright you probably could rode without lights. I pedaled around in my yard a bit... the moonlight was cool but I didn't do any real riding.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
The price is certainly right... but I don't see well at night, so I'm worried that 5W might not be enough. I had been thinking about getting two NiteRider TrailRats (each one is 10w, 2+ hour burn time, $90), but I've heard bad things about NR lately.

And for the record... you have lights but you're not riding??? WTF is up with that? slacker.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
The price is certainly right... but I don't see well at night, so I'm worried that 5W might not be enough. I had been thinking about getting two NiteRider TrailRats (each one is 10w, 2+ hour burn time, $90), but I've heard bad things about NR lately.

And for the record... you have lights but you're not riding??? WTF is up with that? slacker.

slacker...haha (ya got me!) :D

trailrats price seems good, and those 5w code 5's are just as bright as my bar mounts 10w bulb

J

JRB

No ride - rained in Waco. Went to a meeting at town hall about bike lanes. It was clearly someone's loose interpretation of a pipe dream.