Quantcast

-- Thrusday's Ride Thread --

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Did our usual urban park ride. Rode like ****, felt like ****. F'd up my front rotor so I have to replace that. I need a new drivetrain too. I have a lot of parts on my bike that need to be replaced and I hope nothing goes before the holidays. That and my fork needs service. We are going to ride tonight too if the weather holds out. I need to make up some miles and these little jaunts don't do that. Can't wait for the weather to normalize and just do what it is supposed to do. Get it f'n over with so to speak......jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I test rode a couple of bikes last night. New Stumpjumper FSRs - a 100 and a 120, I also got on a couple of hardtails. I think I need to focus my attention to full squish - even if it has to be a used full squish in good condition. I already have a hardtail in the Marin and I can do a lot of different things with that frame already (keep is SS or gear it back up etc. etc.).

Oh yeah I also got some Deck Hockey stuff (shin pads, a white jersey, and a stick)! Season starts on Sunday night!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Did a great night ride with Skookum...the trails were nice and tacky :) Saw an owl :thumb: Rode in a old torn down neighborhood under the flight path, creepy cemetery included :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
skipped out of work early yesterday to take advantage of the nice weather. despite the monsoon of tuesday, there wasn't much mud at ward reservation, just some standing water (and the creek crossing was bigger than usual). man, i tanked on the climbs though. my goal is to drop 15# in 3 months. it's gotta happen.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Did a great night ride with Skookum...the trails were nice and tacky :) Saw an owl :thumb: Rode in a old torn down neighborhood under the flight path, creepy cemetery included :(
it was spoooookeeeeey!!!!!! :p

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Wumpus said:
Hope to be riding in a couple of hours.
That was one of the toughest rides I've done in a while. Two weeks w/o riding, a cold and an f'in four mile uphill** slog against the wind. Grand total: 2 1/2 hours and 15 miles.

**I know. I live in Texas so there really isn't a 4 mile uphill, but the trails are by the river so it is a consistent altitude gain to get home.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
That was one of the toughest rides I've done in a while. Two weeks w/o riding, a cold and an f'in four mile uphill** slog against the wind. Grand total: 2 1/2 hours and 15 miles.
So how were the trails??? It is uphill, it's just really gradual. I'll trade our friggin wind for mountains any day.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No ride. :( I did however get the dust collector we sometimes refer to as a "treadmill" out of the basement and upstairs where it might actually see some use. I'd like to lose about 10 lbs. before mud season begins.