Quantcast

*Thurs*

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
:rant:

A messy mix of snow, ice pellets and freezing rain this weekend.

A complex weather system will affect much of Southern and Eastern Ontario this weekend and possibly into Monday. Snow and ice pellets will likely affect portions of Central and Eastern Ontario Friday night into Saturday night with significant accumulations possible.

On Sunday, precipitation is expected to change to freezing rain, particularly over Eastern Ontario where several hours of freezing rain are possible.

As this weather system is still a few days away, there remains uncertainty with regards to precipitation amounts and which areas will be most affected. However, there is a potential for this to be a high impact storm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Check list for the M is in place. It looks like the issue is with cylinder #8. It is a half day fix list, at least. With my study time, I will not be doing anything with the family this weekend, again. I'm starting to fall behind again, as I'm getting back into the challenging (for me) math again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I am realizing that being great at your job and being great at speaking about being great at your job are are two distinct skills and only one is really leading to what job interviewers want to hear these days.
#ishouldhavebecomeapoormusicianwhenIhadthechancetodoso

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went to bed slightly before 8 last night, and is where I'm typing this from now. Slept pretty damned well by my insomnia riddled standards, so I may just stay here and see if I don't just doze off again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

In the middle of a full blown existential crisis. Contemplating selling my truck, the trailer, and a shit ton of other stuff I own in exchange for a full size truck (drove an F350 and Cummins 3500 last night) and slide in camper. Kinda leaning towards doing it. :crazy:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yep, either trying to sell as is or taking off a lot of the goodies and trading it in. With the future staring me in the face, a mid-sized gas truck doesn't fit the bill like it used to. Instead of spending more time and money trying to make it work, it may just be worth admitting that it's not the right fit and hitting the reset button.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I vote for doing it, Tim. Make sure to map out rear axle loading with the camper and gear relative to the gross rear axle weight limit. (I’m basically saying go DRW.)

Due to my fixed schedule I’m skiing today. Hmph. Still skiing! Winter Park looks to be the winner.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What's the issue?

GMDI.
Lunch ride may be in order.
Hopefully just a loose something external that is rattling. Likely an ignition coil because I'm getting misfires and an ignition coil code.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good morning!

In the middle of a full blown existential crisis. Contemplating selling my truck, the trailer, and a shit ton of other stuff I own in exchange for a full size truck (drove an F350 and Cummins 3500 last night) and slide in camper. Kinda leaning towards doing it. :crazy:
how is that existential?! that's trading in for roughly the same thing... from where I'm sitting anyways.

edited to add: my kids were complete feral fucking animals at the bus stop this morning. I could feel the judgment of the other parents at the bus stop...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yep, either trying to sell as is or taking off a lot of the goodies and trading it in. With the future staring me in the face, a mid-sized gas truck doesn't fit the bill like it used to. Instead of spending more time and money trying to make it work, it may just be worth admitting that it's not the right fit and hitting the reset button.
This.

My 3/4 ton does a lot of things well, but with the wife looking at 18-22 foot trailers, I know it would be asking too much of old Amber.

Check this out. I bought my '00 F350 in '10 for $10k. Drove it 2 years and sold it for $9k with 150k miles. That same truck with 200k+ miles is at least $12k now. WTF.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, insomnia was a total bitch last night. Maybe an hour of sleep.
A major part on my reloading press cracked last night, I am still shocked it happened as there is no real explanation as to how it would even happen, crap part is, I am in the middle of a reloading job as it is..... So I gotta get a new press or figure out a good solution here today.....

Oh well, time with the man child today, quick road conditions scout trip, and if weather holds hopefully a ride with him in the trailer as well.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FRIG. Our Wednesday night group of the regular dudes had a pretty good hike last night. Trails are still icy. I totally tried to avoid some ice by going off-trail for one steep bit, but ended up on my ass sliding down the ridge about 25 feet. Saved my beer, though!

Had a gnarly dream last night. Dreamt that I woke up to huge black spiders with long legs on the ceiling. I am guessing this was triggered by watching a spider crawl across my pillow while laying in bed the other night. Only saw that fucker because I was reading Jalopnik on my phone in the dark. Have not found a spider in my apartment since last summer and that guy was in my bed! :panic::twitch:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This.

My 3/4 ton does a lot of things well, but with the wife looking at 18-22 foot trailers, I know it would be asking too much of old Amber.

Check this out. I bought my '00 F350 in '10 for $10k. Drove it 2 years and sold it for $9k with 150k miles. That same truck with 200k+ miles is at least $12k now. WTF.
Inflation, yo! How does it work? Fucking magnets, bro'...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I get up way too early now, but it makes for a quiet drive in. Last few mornings I have woken up an hour before my alarm to piss. Way uncool. Old man is old.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because nobody with an once of goddamn sense is going to buy a F250 from those model years.
The 7.3 in the newer body from 99-03.5 is the desired truck. Garbage from 03.5 to 08ish with the 6.0 (GFF's 09 was solid with the 6.8?). That 7.3 was incredible.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well the evidence is right there in front of your face! :rofl:
My issue is more about the trucks themselves. My F350 had vinyl seat and floor with mechanical windows. Only options were tilt and cruise. Perfect. Every time I look for another they have leather, wood trim, tan carpet. Tan carpet in a truck. Really?

<edit> to be fair, Amber is fully loaded for a '92 and her gray carpet is hashed. But cloth seats, no leather.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My issue is more about the trucks themselves. My F350 had vinyl seat and floor with mechanical windows. Only options were tilt and cruise. Perfect. Every time I look for another they have leather, wood trim, tan carpet. Tan carpet in a truck. Really?
Because 80% of truck buyers are buying to compensate, not to work. There are more diesel trucks parked in my whitebread, suburban hell hole, neighborhood then there are on the airfield.

The only thing I wish the jeep has, that it doesn't, is cruise control. :(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been looking at retired work trucks and even those come pretty loaded, but tend to be lower in the miles.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Thought yesterday was Tuesday, put the trashcans out on the street, realized this morning why none of my neighbors had their's out. Fawk.

On the upside, finally getting around to a little MTB maintenance, my attendance of the Thursday night ride is looking doubtful at the moment

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
got MDF cut for speaker cabinets, going to be ordering the rest of parts soon, and coming up with some creative solution that will let me open the speakers in the future in the event I need to change something

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning. I am realizing that being great at your job and being great at speaking about being great at your job are are two distinct skills and only one is really leading to what job interviewers want to hear these days.
#ishouldhavebecomeapoormusicianwhenIhadthechancetodoso
In my brief career as a sales manager I noted that top producers loved to talk about what was on the burner now, average producers often spoke about the past accomplishments over and over again. I made some horrible hiring decisions before figuring that one out. I ended up changing my approach to specifics on how this past awesomeness improved process, productivity and profits for their former or current employer. A surprising number of candidates had no idea how their performance impacted the bottom line. The worst part about that is I worked in retail which is the EASIEST profit model to understand.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Tin water spouts installed today. The guy who has done all the tin work has really done a good job especially the work around two windows looks amazing. He was happy to do the work too and did extra to make it look nice. Much more satisfying for him than water spouts.

So nice to see progress on the house every day. So times a step back too but end of every day more step forward.