Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trying to wrap up a project that is turning into a shitshow. It is all for a sales guy who is a shitty communicator. Got an email late last night saying it wasn't organized way he wanted it. I asked him several questions that require a detailed response, he replied with a single yes.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Anyone who claims mac's are easy to use is a complete moron. Bought a new hybrid drive with larger capacity to use both win and mac on my laptop since my big pc is in the cellar until I move to a new flat. Jesus fkin Christ. I had to juggle between to hdds' because the method for creating a bootable usb changes with every mac update and you have to use the console to do it. Then the date on the laptop is wrong, then bootcamp (the tool for runing 2 systems on mac) claims I can't boot win from usb BECAUSE my laptop has a dvd drive. If it didn't have it from factory I would be able to run it from an usb drive. Ffs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone who claims mac's are easy to use is a complete moron. Bought a new hybrid drive with larger capacity to use both win and mac on my laptop since my big pc is in the cellar until I move to a new flat. Jesus fkin Christ. I had to juggle between to hdds' because the method for creating a bootable usb changes with every mac update and you have to use the console to do it. Then the date on the laptop is wrong, then bootcamp (the tool for runing 2 systems on mac) claims I can't boot win from usb BECAUSE my laptop has a dvd drive. If it didn't have it from factory I would be able to run it from an usb drive. Ffs.
MACs are easier to use if all you ever do is post on facebook and write emails.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yup. I bought a macbook pc for my work and since I'm a movie exec most of what I do is watch a ton of movies and shit on most of them with a random exception of creating a marketing strategy in word of power point plus a random rant about our shitty pr on outlook. Macbook seemed like a perfect choice for corporate trolling. Needed something light with a high quality resistant shell. Similar build from samsung was more expensive and I kinda like how the os performs the most basic tasks. The problem is how it performs when you need to do something more. Plus it's a real RAM hog. My 1.5gb vista pc run smoother when surfing the net. Though I am one of those people who has 80 chrome tabs open.

All my engineering side projects were done on my big pc but i rented my flat and I will move in august so now I only have my mac and jesus. The os is created for idiots.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's Friday! I'm going biking tonight! I'm talking about organizing a bike trip! It's sunny! Did I mention I'm going riding?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Gonna be a long day. I am going to enjoy this deuce to the fullest measure, before I go out and do shit!

Wife and I been talking. She's going to let me take a bike trip in July. Starts here in Yaks and ends in Laramie. Is crested butte snow free mid July?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This morning shall be spent in MATLAB. But not quite yet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is why I bought Jen a $250 Chromebook that she LOVES. I was able to set it up with RDP so she can connect to her work machine from home and she can facecrack AND maybe be productive.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy crap it's Thursday already.

Stayed up way too late last night at a Subaru meet up. Pretty cool group of guys and some cool cars.

Good thing for coffee!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Dammit Squeeb, my theory of nonaction took a nose dive this morning. Started my day with a fight with the husband and my dog ran away. My 8 year old found her at the bus stop with the highschoolers though, so she is safe at home. And at least I was on time to work somehow. I shall be riding my bike tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
See, that's what I thought Pesqueeb was going to say when I posted this on facebook.... but he did not. It was a great disappointment
Dude. Get ready to break more of those.

I snapped 3 in the last year of owning my zoom-zoom. That part is made out of the shittiest metal known to man, if you can even call it metal.

Even though its just a $50 part, it is such a pain in the balls.

Good luck....

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Holy crap it's Thursday already.

Stayed up way too late last night at a Subaru meet up. Pretty cool group of guys and some cool cars.

Good thing for coffee!
Dear Mods: In recognition of C'mos's deep passion for his WRX I suggest custom title of either SubarDood or SubarHooner.

Last edited: