Quantcast

***Thursday GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
was in a deeeep deeeeep sleep when my alarm went off this morning. still not fully awake. last day of school for the boy today. he milked his assholiness to the very last drop this morning. jeezus.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning going Monkies! Work today involves one 30 minute conference call and then I'm done for the day. Will be gathering up tent, sleeping bag and other shit for a brief trip to glacier next week where high mountain trails will be ridden.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello there fellers! HAHAHAHAHA lmao

I sleepdrove to the pool for my masters workout this morning all ready to slack off and just go through the motions, but Swim Coach decided to hover with his stopwatch and crack the whip. God dammit. So 2400 yards done and now my arms weigh 250 pounds each. Looking forward to an easy post-work road ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I sleepdrove to the pool for my masters workout this morning all ready to slack off and just go through the motions, but Swim Coach decided to hover with his stopwatch and crack the whip. God dammit. So 2400 yards done and now my arms weigh 250 pounds each. Looking forward to an easy post-work road ride.
@I Are Baboon - Do you ever do one of these early morning death swims, and then get to your office and just wolf down a pack of frosted berry pop-tarts? I bet you do.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
forgot one of the kid's backpacks at home...heading back to get it and a coffee refill. ugh. gonna try to convince them to go do some trail maintenance w/me this afternoon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

what's the difference between a masters workout and a regular workout?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Finished trimming out the front door last night and upon finishing stepped back and came to the realization that it is one of the poorer jobs I've done on anything recently. One of those things where the wife barely noticed but deep down I'll always know. I'm blaming it on the canine induced sleep deprivation over the past two weeks.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Rain, Rain and more Freaking Rain. Probably no Saturday for me due to sloppy trail conditions. Saturday morning Tennis is a no go, with league tennis still in season and a rescheduled swim meet at the club. Not sure we will even have a parking lot by then, after Tuesdays flood.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I shall ride. I'm thinking WR short loop. Gonna be a hot one.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
what's the difference between a masters workout and a regular workout?
A regular workout is me doing my own thing, though usually I have a printed workout I follow. A masters workout is a group swim, 2 to 5 people, led by a coach, and the workouts cost extra. He puts the workout up on a white board then coaches us through it. He also gives instruction on form.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A regular workout is me doing my own thing, though usually I have a printed workout I follow. A masters workout is a group swim, 2 to 5 people, led by a coach, and the workouts cost extra. He puts the workout up on a white board then coaches us through it. He also gives instruction on form.
so it's swim lessons. got it. a masters workout makes me thing its for old people.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dentist then work. Good conversation with boss about taking "more senior/prominent" role on the team. Apparently he and director are trying to get mgmt approval for additional 'senior' titled position. I'm getting a serious "we think he might leave and need to prevent this" vibe from them.

Haley's fork looked really good this morning. I'll do a few more pink coats tonight and then clear tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it all put together this weekend. I ran with @Nick's sticker link/design and have decided I like his style, but want to keep her full name off the sticker so:

Going with a clear back and pink lettering.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haley's fork looked really good this morning. I'll do a few more pink coats tonight and then clear tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it all put together this weekend. I ran with @Nick's sticker link/design and have decided I like his style, but want to keep her full name off the sticker so:

Going with a clear back and pink lettering.
the frame is staying raw?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My boss turned out to be a no show on his own conference call, 18 people on the call at 7:30. We decided to call back at 8 am in case we ALL got the time wrong. Still no boss and I could have slept in.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Phone went off at 10:30 last night (was in bed at 9:30), the boy managed to run something over that popped both right side tires. Call tow truck, pick his ass up, surveyed the damage, he's got some work to do. I didn't want to kill him last night, too tired. We will be having words when I get home tonight. My folks never left me hanging, but I'm not sure I pushed them his hard, either. Maybe I did and I just remember it different. :rofl:

I need a bike ride, but I need a nap, first.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Phone went off at 10:30 last night (was in bed at 9:30), the boy managed to run something over that popped both right side tires. Call tow truck, pick his ass up, surveyed the damage, he's got some work to do. I didn't want to kill him last night, too tired. We will be having words when I get home tonight. My folks never left me hanging, but I'm not sure I pushed them his hard, either. Maybe I did and I just remember it different. :rofl:

I need a bike ride, but I need a nap, first.
perspective: at least he didn't call you for bail from county lockup

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
perspective: at least he didn't call you for bail from county lockup
No, he has never done that. His roommates sister called once to tell us he got locked up and had called his parents and left a message. And his employer once called me when he didn't show up and I learned you can search the inmate database online to find out why he didn't show (that was 10 years ago). But you are correct, he has never asked for bail. :shakefist:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning.

Just stopping by to give you people the unconditional love and support you rely on to get through yet another day of drudgery in your miserable meaningless lives.