Quantcast

~~Thursday GMT~~~ ~

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have been stuck at LGA for 6 hours. This is getting close to rivaling my 9 hours from two weeks ago.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good evening Monkies! I had me a nice 90 minute XC session down by the river this afternoon. I'm working on my climbing legs so hammering the short climbs was on the list. In the absence of mountains I should be hitting the road bike hard for 90 minutes but it's just to hot to ride the road right now.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
my buddy flying in for the weekend is pushing 5 hour delay, thinking they might cancel the flight altogether. :mad:
We've left the gate two different times. Currently sat on the taxiway again with engines off...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Focused on my family (kids/wife awesome, CO fam FUBAR), dropped off the interwebz, went on a major health kick and shot lots of guns to blow off steam.
Funny how people often describe taking a break from the web as a way to get their heads clear. Rarely have I heard anyone talk about jumpin into the web to clear up life's stressful bullshit.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'll be there mid September. I wanna go December/January some year.
leaving on the second....will be in cambridge, massachsetts on the 4th for dinosaur jr...then it is maine from the 5th thru the 13th....cambridge again on the 14th for the feelies i think...then back home by the 17th.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
leaving on the second....will be in cambridge, massachsetts on the 4th for dinosaur jr...then it is maine from the 5th thru the 13th....cambridge again on the 14th for the feelies i think...then back home by the 17th.
I saw Dinosaur Jr in boston with a riding buddy of mine this past winter....I'm sure it wouldn't take much arm twisting for a repeat this October

*edited for proper month

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Excellent ride tonight, one hour at a hard pace on the road bike with over 1000 feet of climbing. Sunset colors mid 80s.temps. Raced a thunderstorm home in the dark with lightning flashing across the hills to my right, so intense. a a bonus I did a few full on sprints both uphill and on the flats.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
If you need it I've got a camp outside Bath ME you're free to crash at. No running water, I need to dig out the outhouse ('shitters full') and just a 90yr old framed structure but it's on 250' of coastline with a bald eagle, harbor seals and jumping fish in an old growth forest.
About 4hrs south of Acadia and 2hrs north of Boston, 45min north of Portland.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
If you need it I've got a camp outside Bath ME you're free to crash at. No running water, I need to dig out the outhouse ('shitters full') and just a 90yr old framed structure but it's on 250' of coastline with a bald eagle, harbor seals and jumping fish in an old growth forest.
that sounds ... amazing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
our camp has indoor plumbing... but is only 3 season. unless you can tolerate winter without indoor plumbing

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
our camp has indoor plumbing... but is only 3 season. unless you can tolerate winter without indoor plumbing
I'm in process of making ours 4 season (easily winterized plumbing, won't be heated when not there).
I've had it with civilization and the people that come with it, so that's where I hide out.

The sled camp up near Sherman is a totally hessian affair.
Uninsulated plywood box with a bunked sleeping loft, bar and huge wood stove for heat.
I've been out in that shitter at 20 below. Breezy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
where near Bath (what direction?) I lived in an a-frame on a tidal river in west bath my senior year of college and it was spectacular

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
where near Bath (what direction?) I lived in an a-frame on a tidal river in west bath my senior year of college and it was spectacular
Its in Woolwich along the Back River (tidal seawater).
Basically dead between Kennebec and Sheepscot as the crow flies as you're heading across the Bath bridge on 1N.
Your folks live nearby don't they?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Basically dead between Kennebec and Sheepscot as the crow flies as you're heading across the Bath bridge on 1N.
Your folks live nearby don't they?[/QUOTE
yeah-they're up in Round Pond on the Pemaquid peninsula. In this pic you can see their white house on the top left had side of the harbor, about 2/5 of the way across, where it looks like there's a shadow and a little inlet.

if you're ever up that way the granite hall store and muscongus bay lobster are both good stops

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Your folks live nearby don't they?
By any chance, were you driving up there yesterday? I was stuck on I95 going to Maine behind a truck with two cute sable german shepherds.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
yeah-they're up in Round Pond on the Pemaquid peninsula. In this pic you can see their white house on the top left had side of the harbor, about 2/5 of the way across, where it looks like there's a shadow and a little inlet.

if you're ever up that way the granite hall store and muscongus bay lobster are both good stops
Nice spot.
Would they mind if I stop by to use the shitter? :D
You already make your summer trek up there?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
By any chance, were you driving up there yesterday? I was stuck on I95 going to Maine behind a truck with two cute sable german shepherds.
Nope, I came down friday.
Just in time to sit on pike 4hrs after a semi evaporated an RV it rear ended.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
go spend some time there. actually, don't. massholes really are a different kind of turd.
Born a Masshole and I must say that drivers are worse out here in CO. Though I'm not sure either Mass or CO compare to the DC beltway, that stretch is just hellish regardless.