Quantcast

**) Thursday GMT (***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I simply cannot get over the awesome weather streak we're on for July/August. Normally, we're baking in the oven, but I'll take it. Work is cray. I now have 32 large custom sign projects going at the moment, and I'm all like: :panic::panic:

But then, I drink and I'm all like: :pilot:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Both bikes are all back together. Crabon wheels installed, both forks rebuilt, new cable/housing on both. Fully could use a brake bleed so maybe I'll get to that soon.

It's 75 and sunny today so I decided on taking a 1/2 day and going for a ride before the lady and I have date night tonight.
IMAG2437.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
on a positive note no nuke have launched as of this morning.

procrastinating getting the camper stocked up for a two day horse show this weekend. I'm taking along the road bike for a long ride post show on Saturday evening.

coffee and another day on the short bus is what i have to look forward to.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Had a good dinner with Five Beautiful women at Gus' Fried Chicken last night. Much to do today.Hopefully closing all loops on the PAX West project. Need to make some progress on two NBA projects that need to finish before the season starts. eLeague updates and modifications are on the 1 yard line, time to break out the whip and get someone to run the ball in. Someone remind me to get a truckdriver scheduled for monday.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Both bikes are all back together. Crabon wheels installed, both forks rebuilt, new cable/housing on both. Fully could use a brake bleed so maybe I'll get to that soon.

It's 75 and sunny today so I decided on taking a 1/2 day and going for a ride before the lady and I have date night tonight.
View attachment 126102
Plus plus rep for crabon wheels matchy matchy the brodozer and recycle bin. That there is why you make the big bucks. :thumb:

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The lizards continue their takeover...

Returning from Cooke City and family tour of Beartooth, Yellowstone and Glacier today with visions of epic singletrack dancing in my head.

Meet the brutally violent prehistoric crocodile named for Motorhead’s Lemmy Kilmister

View attachment 126103
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/10/meet-the-brutally-violent-prehistoric-crocodile-named-for-motorheads-lemmy-kilmister/?utm_term=.6fe5c31a1481
Much better that the pencil neck plant eating giant thing that recently hit the news.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Found my creme fraiche at the better grocery store last night and proceeded to use it to make some delicious scrambled eggs with pancakes, bacon, and watermelon for dinner. Best scrambled eggs I can recall.

And now it is Thursday. I intend to leave work a bit early and drive up into the mountains to pick up some truck stuffs.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Hell of a storm last night. Standing water in the low spot of the back yard postpones the yard work I did not accomplish yesterday. Running around doing kid/school stuff today.

table saw with magical non finger removal technologies
Wtf kind of magic does this table saw posses that requires 220v?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The 220 is grounded through the operator but does not complete a circuit until the body comes in contact with the blade. If stray body parts do contact the blade the 220 shoots through the hapless operator sendimg them rocketing out and up similar to a jet fighter ejection seat.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Lots to do today, no parking in the lot (I was here by 6:30, this is ridiculous), and I need moar coffee.

The camp in the corner of the parking lot at work has gotten a lot larger. It has spread from the sidewalk onto the treed dirt section and will eventually take over the whole area by the stairs. It's crazy, they now have 4 trash bags hung up and parking for bikes and shopping carts. There seems to be at least 4 full time residents and as many as 8 just hanging out. It is more than a little concerning.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The camp in the corner of the parking lot at work has gotten a lot larger. It has spread from the sidewalk onto the treed dirt section and will eventually take over the whole area by the stairs. It's crazy, they now have 4 trash bags hung up and parking for bikes and shopping carts. There seems to be at least 4 full time residents and as many as 8 just hanging out. It is more than a little concerning.
Call the building manager.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Found my creme fraiche at the better grocery store last night and proceeded to use it to make some delicious scrambled eggs with pancakes, bacon, and watermelon for dinner. Best scrambled eggs I can recall.

And now it is Thursday. I intend to leave work a bit early and drive up into the mountains to pick up some truck stuffs.
Have you seen this? It appears relevant to your interests.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jesseszewczyk/the-best-scrambled-egg-recipe?utm_term=.du1dLlyqr#.wt2zn6eoG

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I am officially unemployed :panic:Terrifying and somehow satisfying all at the same time. Packing cooler and fridge for the big road trip to MT for my private tour. Sad more monkeys aren't coming but stoked to ride with @Montana rider and @Serial Midget again and with Sq-Earl and the kids. Dog is following so close behind me that I have stepped on him twice already....it's going to be a long day for him. He gets anxious when we are packing (since we left him behind with my sister when we went to Savannah earlier this summer). He's going to love running around the country!

Picked up a Trail-a-bike for Alex and she's rippin on that so we should have some good times! Off to pack I go (and find my coffee again).

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Morning Monkeys.

Lots to do today, no parking in the lot (I was here by 6:30, this is ridiculous), and I need moar coffee.

pics or it's not happening

Annual review with our interim director today. easy peasey.

Decided to postpone the trip to Maine this summer for a number of reasons. Oh well . . . might to to get a ride in this evening or tomorrow afternoon. Legs and brain need a spin and a jostle. Still waiting on estimate from drivers side wheel (and probably other things) destruction on Tuesday afternoon. It's making me le nervous.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
cut hair off.....look less like hell than usual....sleeping more would help....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning. I am officially unemployed :panic:Terrifying and somehow satisfying all at the same time. Packing cooler and fridge for the big road trip to MT for my private tour. Sad more monkeys aren't coming but stoked to ride with @Montana rider and @Serial Midget again and with Sq-Earl and the kids. Dog is following so close behind me that I have stepped on him twice already....it's going to be a long day for him. He gets anxious when we are packing (since we left him behind with my sister when we went to Savannah earlier this summer). He's going to love running around the country!

Picked up a Trail-a-bike for Alex and she's rippin on that so we should have some good times! Off to pack I go (and find my coffee again).
what's the over/under on your old boss trying to convince you not to leave?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Call the building manager.
It's not on building property, it is on city property next to the overpass. They used to camp under the overpass, but it is now fenced off, so they have congregated to the landing at the stairs. It's 40 feet from my desk window, quite the view I have.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's not on building property, it is on city property next to the overpass. They used to camp under the overpass, but it is now fenced off, so they have congregated to the landing at the stairs. It's 40 feet from my desk window, quite the view I have.
He can / should call the city and ask them to deal with it. If he won't, no one else will.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
get a coconut, reenact this scene with them: