Quantcast

** Thursday GMT **

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I generally peace out with groups over 4, with no fault to anyone at any point in time at least one person has a flat, has a broken chain, needs to eat, needs to piss, needs to shit, has to answer a call, needs to rest, needs to add a layer of clothes, needs to remove a layer of clothes...

And that is the best case scenario if there isn't a significant skill/ability gap.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I generally peace out with groups over 4, with no fault to anyone at any point in time at least one person has a flat, has a broken chain, needs to eat, needs to piss, needs to shit, has to answer a call, needs to rest, needs to add a layer of clothes, needs to remove a layer of clothes...

And that is the best case scenario if there isn't a significant skill/ability gap.
You've pretty much resumed why I almost never group ride.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I ride solo 95% of the time. It's fun to change it up and have a "party ride" - theres lots of waiting for the slow guys and chatting it up. One guy today refused to ride the exposed bits and walked probably a couple miles. I used to race with some of these guys and I can talk shit. They were letting me go out in front also and I like that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You've pretty much resumed why I almost never group ride.

Same thing applies with most things. At my old job I had a rule of Small Agile Groups. If you needed more than 4 people to get something done, it was never going to get done. So if you really needed input from more people that than one of the 4 would be delegated to go figure out that shit. Worked well.

At the current job we will have meetings with 30 people that never get anywhere.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
As are we as we head south :p

Always Moore Fun.

Park at the trailhead near the Mack exit.
More Fun > Mary's > Wrangler North.
Another good big-ish loop is park at the east end of Moore Fun, then Mary's, Horsethief, Mary's, Lion's, Troy Built, Mack Ridge, Moore Fun.

And I just noticed that there's a "Lower Moore Fun" trail now?!? WTF??

I just have never been able to get into Moore Fun...
Who are you? :confused:

Everyone has their flaws.
I thought our Champion didn't have any... but if I'm honest, I'm glad he *does* have at least one. :p

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cost to replace washer tub bearing on 10yr old washer - $400
Cost to buy new washer - $800

I have to waste a washer that can be repaired, but a new one is more water and electricity efficient. Gonna sit on this.

Had a meeting cast through Google Meetings today - with city board. I was having issues with IE, so joined in via Chrome. My damn Stoney avatar pops up, since I was apparently logged into my Google in Chrome. Nobody said anything. But I'm sure that made for a fun conversation afterwards.