Quantcast

Thursday... what a day for a breakup, eh?

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
:rant: :disgust: :confused: :(

So today my gf decided to breakup with me. We had been together 2 years and it all came to an end today. I guess I kind of saw it coming, and Im honestly hot all that surprised... but damn its gonna suck going home and her not being there. So much of my life revolves around her. Damn.

The worst part is it comes from her parents and their hatred of our relationship.. and for no reason.. Im a good guy, really! AnnMarie and I were perfect together, our personalities fit together like nothing Ive ever seen before. We hardly ever fought, and when we did it only lasted a few minutes. We were honestly the cutest couple and had so much fun together. But her parents havent liked me since day one. They brainwashed themselves into thinking I was a broke drug dealing loser, which Im exactly the opposite of. I guess 2 years of stress and pressure coming from her parents was just too much to handle, and she cracked.

I dont want to bore anyone with all the strung out details.

I dont even know how I should feel at this point. Ofcourse Im heartbroken, but I think Im more pissed off than anything. Knowing that it wasnt something that I did, or didnt do for that matter. It was an outside force. Something I couldnt control. But I guess there's no outrunning your family, it was going to happen eventually.

Sooner or later Ill find that one girl that fits me just as well as AnnMarie did, without the pain of an unsupportive family trying to push me away.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
Dude it's obvious that you love her very much so if i was you i would try everything to get her back,
I love her more than I ever loved another person. But honestly at this point there just isnt anything I can do. Its totally out of my hands. But trust me, if I could I would...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Dude it's obvious that you love her very much so if i was you i would try everything to get her back,
Agreed.

Did she say it was her parents? Is she that much under their influence?

You could always kill them secretly and that's a double bonus as she look to you for comfort -and- they wouldn't be there to fvck things up.

In the end tho, if she's that flakey to let someone influence her then good riddance.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
Agreed.

Did she say it was her parents? Is she that much under their influence?

You could always kill them secretly and that's a double bonus as she look to you for comfort -and- they wouldn't be there to fvck things up.

In the end tho, if she's that flakey to let someone influence her then good riddance.
Yes, she is that influenced by her parents. But I mean, damn, they were constantly blaming her for "tearing the family apart" just because she was with me... its so f%&king pathetic.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sorry to hear about the break up man.

To kind of look at it from the other side, I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years in October. I was in love with her my family liked her, but wasn't a fan of how she treated me / her family.

Long story as short as I can get it, I ended up breaking up with her because I felt she was holding me back. I am 22 and I had been with her since I graduated high school. She didn't have a job, didn't even have a drivers license and depended on me for pretty much everything (She was older than me just to give you a better idea of the situation). I really cared for her and I did everything I could to try and have her take on some responsibilities in life, but she wouldn't have it (offering to teach her how to drive/pay for her to take the drivers test. I also got her a well paying job and she just didn't show up). I figure you are probably nowhere near how bad she was.

I got a lot of pressure from my family telling me I could do better etc. But I mean, the decision was mine to make. She probably had some underlying issues with you. If she only broke up with you because of what her family said, **** her. You could find a better person than that.

Either way break ups are never easy. Her and I lived together which added another level of difficulty.

I know I am kind of all over the place here but now I am in a WAY better relationship with someone who has her life together. Even though it was hard at first I think it was the best thing for me and her. I know it will probably end up being the same deal with you. It sucks now, but you will find a better person for you. Just give it some time for things to heal up. =]

Step 2: ride more

Step 3: Profit.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
If she only broke up with you because of what her family said, **** her. You could find a better person than that.

It sucks now, but you will find a better person for you. Just give it some time for things to heal up. =]
Thanks man.. Im just looking forward to gettin a new piece of a$$.. lol.. jk

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks man.. Im just looking forward to gettin a new piece of a$$.. lol.. jk
Haha yeah its really nice. =]

But keep a positive outlook on it. You are only going to be a stronger person from this. And it will give you a WAY better idea on what kind of person to look for. Plus you will know more warning signs of a unhealthy relationship and stay away from them or figure out a way to fix things/make things work. :monkeydance:

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
Haha yeah its really nice. =]

But keep a positive outlook on it. You are only going to be a stronger person from this. And it will give you a WAY better idea on what kind of person to look for. Plus you will know more warning signs of a unhealthy relationship and stay away from them or figure out a way to fix things/make things work. :monkeydance:
Yep thats what I keep trying to tell myself. This sure as hell isnt the first heartbreak, or long term relationship distaster Ive ever lived through. But hopefully it will be my last. Im getting to old for this sh!t

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Dodged a bullet I say...

If she's that influenced by her parents, and willing to give up a good relationship based on what they say, then I think you're better off without her.

I mean, her parent's aren't dating you. She is. She knows you, so if her parent's influence is that strong, and she's willing to do what they say regardless of how she feels about you, you're better off.

If you guys continued dating, the whole parental influence thing would never stop. Things like this don't really go away. It's something that you'd have to deal with for as long as you guys dated.

Then again, what do I know? I vomit on couples during Valentine's Day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've heard of the "It's not you, it's me..." but never "It's not you, it's my parents..." :rofl:

Dude, see my post about GI Joe. He is about 75% at this point and he even got a number from a chick on Saturday.

Besides, you were only together 2 years. My first divorce took longer than that.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
Dodged a bullet I say...

If she's that influenced by her parents, and willing to give up a good relationship based on what they say, then I think you're better off without her.

I mean, her parent's aren't dating you. She is. She knows you, so if her parent's influence is that strong, and she's willing to do what they say regardless of how she feels about you, you're better off.

If you guys continued dating, the whole parental influence thing would never stop. Things like this don't really go away. It's something that you'd have to deal with for as long as you guys dated.

Then again, what do I know? I vomit on couples during Valentine's Day.
EXACTLY... thats been going through my head for a while. We have been fighting her parents for such a long time and they have never given in. I guess better to breakup now than to get divorsed later....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha.. like im the first guy to ever be saddened by a failed relationship...

Oh wait I forgot, everone else on here is a hard ass....

we've been trying to change the name from 'Ridemonkey' to 'Internet Tough Guy Hangout' but the mods don't seem to go for it. :plthumbsdown: